🎶 Mixtape Monday: V for Vendetta 🎶

Welcome to another week of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist was a great one to celebrate the debut of the fourth season of Titans:

Titans Playlist
  • “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, by Nirvana
  • “Kids in America”, by Kim Wilde
  • “Only the Young”, by Journey
  • “We Will Rock You”, by Queen
  • “Another One Bites the Dust”, by Queen
  • “Weapon Of Choice”, by Fatboy Slim
  • “Oh Raven (Sing Me A Happy Song)”, by Unlike Pluto
  • “The One Who Laughs Last”, by Downplay
  • “Hero”, by Enrique Iglesias
  • “Heroes”, by David Bowie
  • “Teen Titans Theme”, by Puffy AmiYumi
  • “Teen Titans Theme Remix”, by Puffy AmiYumi
  • “Welcome To The Jungle”, by Guns N’ Roses
  • “Kryptonite”, by 3 Doors Down
  • “Teenage Dream”, by Katy Perry
  • “Teenagers”, by My Chemical Romance
  • “Teenage Dirtbag”, by Wheatus
  • “I’ll Be There for You”, by The Rembrandts
  • “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”, by Simple Minds
  • “(Theme From) New York, New York”, by Frank Sinatra
  • “Who Invited You”, by The Donnas
  • “Baba O’Riley”, by The Who
  • “My Hero”, by Foo Fighters
  • “Teenage Kicks”, by The Undertones
  • “I’m Eighteen”, by Alice Cooper
  • “Pieces of the People We Love”, by The Rapture
  • “Better as One”, by The Heavy
  • “Wild One” by Jerry Allison and Jerry Lee Lewis
  • “Bulls on Parade (Clean)”, by Rage Against the Machine
  • “Pretend We’re Dead”, by L7
  • “Titans End Credits Theme”, by Kevin Kiner
  • “Make It to Heaven - Extended”, by David Guetta and MORTEN
  • “Seventeen Years”, by Ratatat
  • “Impossible”, by Alison Goldfrapp and Röyksopp
  • “With a Little Help from My Friends”, by The Beatles

This Week’s Theme: V for Vendetta

November 5 is Bonfire Night (or Guy Fawkes Night) in Great Britain, which makes this week the perfect time to build a soundtrack for V for Vendetta (which has done an awful lot for the sales of Guy Fawkes masks). What songs do you think belong on what is bound to be one of our wildest and most anarchic playlists? Share your picks with us, below!

While I’m pretty sure I’ve used this song for another playlist, I think it fits this one really well and I like it, so I’m using it again to start things off!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

16 Likes

You’re two days late @Green.Lantern. :joy:

15 Likes

Here’s the obvious one out of the way:

11 Likes

Well, it’s not Mixtape Saturday so I did my best. :smile:

8 Likes

I mean, as one of the three comic books I know that have their own commercially released soundtrack (not counting Swamp Thing), I’m going to have to just stand by the David J section of the store and throw vinyl remasters at y’all.

First selection, This Vicious Cabaret, direct from the comic, I believe:

And as much as I love the B side of the 1984 original, I’ve got to jump to the 2006 remaster for my second pick.

For those unfamiliar; tracks 5, 6, and 7 were the original release, tracks 1, 3, and 9 were added for the 2006 reissue. Then Ballet On The Burning Stage (4) and The Present (8) were added for the 2019 edition…

14 Likes

First up is a song that’s actually from the movie. It fits well, I think. “Street Fighting Man” by The Rolling Stones

Next is “Uprising” by Muse, which also fits.

12 Likes

I was trying to remember if Street Fighting Man was in the movie or not! I thought it was but couldn’t quite remember. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
12 Likes
14 Likes

Not too familiar with this property, but is this song okay for the playlist?

9 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Hello there G.L. and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, V for Vendetta. :fire:

How about these two tunes. :musical_note:

LP is always a good addition in my book patterson! :clark_hv_4:

12 Likes

Mixtape Monday + Sing-a-long Saturday?

4 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: We may be late for Guy Fawkes Night, but I’m happy to see this is theme any time! This is one of those graphic novels & movies for me that has a special place in my :heart::uk:

The first track speaks for itself as far as V goes, but the 2nd one is…let’s say for Evey & Valerie’s letter, because it breaks my heart a little every time (And I’m going with this rendition instead of Julie London :sunglasses: because I heart Dinah Washington).

Rebellion- Arcade Fire

Cry Me a River- Dinah Washington

14 Likes
5 Likes

“This is a revolution!” #longlive

“The City”, by The Chariot

(Sorry I’m on vacation at the moment, doing this from my phone currently)

10 Likes

I wasn’t sure what to add, because I’ve only seen the movie, but you just gave me an idea! :yellow_heart: Two of them, in fact! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes
10 Likes

And another

9 Likes