🎶 Mixtape Monday: The Batman 🎶

Welcome back to another week of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist was a wild one for one of Gotham’s newest characters, Clownhunter:

Clownhunter Playlist
  • “The Tears Of A Clown”, by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
  • “Send in the Clowns”, by Judy Collins
  • “Clowny Clown Clown”, by Crispin Glover
  • “Creep”, by Radiohead
  • “Hideous Creatures”, by StarKid Productions
  • “A Man’s Gotta Do”, by Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion, and Neil Patrick Harris
  • “Dangerous”, by Royal Deluxe
  • “I Will Be Heard”, by Hatebreed
  • “Viva la Revolution”, by The Adicts
  • “Joker in the Pack”, by The Adicts
  • “The Hunter”, by Love And Death
  • “The Tracks of My Tears”, by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
  • “Symphony of Destruction”, by Megadeth
  • “Hey Clown”, by Firewater
  • “Kill Kill Kill”, by Pharoahe Monch and Th1rt3en
  • “Death Of A Clown”, by The Kinks
  • “Laugh”, by The Monkees
  • “Laughing”, by The Guess Who
  • “Assimilate”, by Skinny Puppy
**This Week's Theme: The Batman** =

This week sees the long-awaited debut of The Batman! It’s always exciting getting to see a new interpretation of Batman, Gotham City, and all of its inhabitants. We’re going to celebrate its release by building the perfect playlist to accompany it. Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with something that I can see this version of the Riddler being able to relate to:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes

“Aries - I Am Vengeance”, by The Showdown

7 Likes

I still can’t find anywhere to stream Blue Harvest’s I Am The Night without subscription, but that’s the obvious lead track for me.

I guess my contributions will have to be Bat-covers … since nothing about this flick inspires any sort of musical interest for me.

You ever want to hear the Misfits’ neighbors cover Neal Hefti?

How about Man… or Astroman? covering the Ventures?

You’re welcome.

8 Likes

Because he likes to work in the shadows…

I’ll interpret this next one more for Batman than Richard Ramirez.

Kind of a warning to all the evil that men do at night. Also because I know Catwoman is in it but not clear as to their relationship, thought I’d throw this out there too.

Thanks, have a good week.

7 Likes

No Batman playlist is complete without this classic:

6 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

I’m going to go with two tracks that Matt Reeves has talked about being inspired by while doing the script:

9 Likes

6 Likes
6 Likes

Dear @ejdias.95910 (again, today, :laughing:) I absolutely love this song, and never get tired of it, so I, of course, think it’s a perfect and magical choice! :catwoman_hv_4: :purple_heart:

I brought this awesome (and somber) cover, plus a nice moody original track for Selina (and Gotham)… Plz enjoy, Mix Mob! :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :notes: Meow.

Welcome to the Jungle- Novo Armor

Black/White- The Raveonettes

7 Likes

Thanks @Razzzcat, :smiley: I’m glad someone else liked it. I hope it plays out in the movie.

5 Likes

Some music fitting the main characters:

Bruce Wayne / The Batman

Selina Kyle / Catwoman

Oswald Cobblepott / The Penguin

(Honestly I wanted to use Run The Jewels’ “Lie Cheat Steal” but I couldn’t find one that was clean – a problem I often find with this activity. Probably says something about me. :sweat_smile: )

Edward Nygma / The Riddler

5 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern, here’s my two music pick that I think that’ll represent the new The Batman movie in music.
The Batman (2004) & The Untouchables (1987)

6 Likes