đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Superman Smashes the Klan đŸŽ¶

sees Ritz crackers

Mmm, nummers! I’ll take some adorned with melted cheese, if you don’t mind, P/TY.

'Member that infamous recall where some joker in the Ritz factory purposely misprinted Ritz boxes with a rather
unique typo that I won’t type here?

Yeah
I should’ve kept that box and framed it. Oh well.

resumes re-reading SSTK #2

7 Likes

:laughing: The 8-Ball jacket really crack me up! Hope you didn’t throw a jacket out of the window! As for Arby’s, you can have their beef sandwiches for all I care.
That soup nazi was so dumb, keep telling everybody they get no soup, you lose money for business! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yeah, no Joe Mayo jacket for this guy. You can count on that. :laughing:

lightly taps the glass on Joe Mayo’s fish tank, while Jerry reads Superman (current volume) #31

7 Likes

Hello there G.L. (happy you had a Happy Birthday :tada: :partying_face: :birthday:), Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, Superman Smashes the Klan. Yes, there are quite a number of tunes to go with this one. :thinking:

I’ll start with this one. :superhero:

And next
 This one for the lyrics to it. :musical_note:

11 Likes

OMG! I literally just discovered this band and song, Thank You “You Tube” algorithm! Had I known them last week, I would have shared, it’s so perfect for this thread and comic!

8 Likes

I just discovered them the other day, too. This LA Library appearance got them signed to Epitaph! this week!! Love them so much. Got their EP and can’t wait to see what’s ahead for them! (Mad props to their parents, as well as Kristin Gundred, Kathleen Hanna, Amy Poehler, and Alice Bag for supporting and encouraging them to do their own thing – the influence is clear, but they are definitely their own beast!)

7 Likes

I agree, the drummer is wearing a “Bikini Kill” shirt and this song definitely sounds like it could be from that group, then you listen to some of their other tracks, and they have a unique sound. I didn’t know they had an EP? I’ll have to track that down.

7 Likes

I believe Eloise’s shirt is Bikini Kill, too. (I think opening for Bikini Kill was their first “big ticket” show, and where Amy Poehler found them.)

The EP and two singles are on Bandcamp, all originals. Claudia Kishi written for the Netflix documentary. There’s live footage and some videos on their website, including the two songs they did for Moxie (Bikini Kill and The Muffs covers) and The Runaways’ Cherry Bomb.

7 Likes

Definitely Learn To Fly - such a good song!

5 Likes

I have nothing to contribute except Hell To The Yeah :00_superman1:

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was one for my favorite series!

3 Likes