🎶 Mixtape Monday: Supergirl 🎶

Welcome to another week of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist celebrated the spirit of the season with a great variety of holiday party songs:

Holiday Party Playlist
  • “Feliz Navidad”, by JosĂ© Feliciano
  • “Holiday”, by Santa Claws and The Naughty But Nice Orchestra
  • “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve? (Mangini vs. Pallin Remix)” by Ella Fitzgerald
  • “Jingle Bell Rock”, by The Ongoing Concept
  • “Avalanche”, by August Burns Red
  • “Jingle Bell Rock”, by Bobby Helms
  • “Run Rudolph Run”, by Chuck Berry
  • "Scrooge, by The Ventures
  • “Oi to the World”, by The Vandals
  • “Winter Wonderland”, by Michael BublĂ©
  • “Christmas Eve / Sarajevo (Timeless Version)”, by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  • “Little Drummer Boy”, by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
  • “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”, by Carrie Underwood
  • “O Holy Night” by Charlotte Church
  • “Beautiful Christmas”, by Big Time Rush
  • “White Christmas”, by Bing Crosby
  • “The Christmas Song”, by Nat King Cole
  • “Christmas Wrapping”, by The Waitresses
  • “I’m Gonna Be Warm This Winter”, by Kylie Minogue
  • “Mele Kalikimaka”, by Bette Midler
  • “Underneath the Tree”, by Kelly Clarkson
  • “Deck The Halls”, by Mannheim Steamroller
  • “Carol of the Bells”, by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  • “FĂĽr Elise”, by Beethoven
  • “We Three Kings”, by Mario Lanza
  • “No Presents for Christmas”, by King Diamond
  • “Christmas in Hollis”, by Run-D.M.C.
  • “Player’s Ball”, by Outkast
  • "
**This Week's Theme: Supergirl!** =

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #1 is out on DCUI this week, so this is the perfect time to put together a playlist for Supergirl herself! Kara Zor-El had many great moments and stories over the more than six decades since her debut, including her own TV series. (She also happens to be my favorite character to play as on Injustice 2). What songs do you think would be on her personal playlist? Share your choices with us, below!

One of the most interesting things to me about Supergirl is how her childhood on Krypton can make it harder for her to fit in on Earth, so I’ll start things off with this:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

8 Likes

“Invincible” (feat. Elle Puckett), by Aaron Sprinkle

8 Likes
7 Likes

7 Likes

This one goes out to my fellow SC shippers. If you know, you know :wink:

And of course I’ve gotta throw in the main theme from the show :supergirl_cw:

6 Likes
4 Likes

One can probably imagine Kara jetting around the world keeping this song in mind. And couldn’t you imagine a great scene of her flying with this song on the soundtrack?

7 Likes

The first song I thought of…

7 Likes
6 Likes

Hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, Supergirl. :00_supergirl:

It’s funny you mentioned this G.L. as I started reading Supergirl Rebirth not too long ago and this does come up in the first part that I’ve read. :0_supergirl: :books:

Which that made me think of this song. :musical_note:

It’s also funny that you mention this patterson as I was thinking of this song that Kara was flying to in Superman the Animated Series. :00_supergirl:

8 Likes

There may be a few days where Kara has to play this one…

6 Likes

Or where Clark has to

5 Likes

Amongst other reasons Melissa Benoist karaoke’d it in an episode of Supergirl CW.

6 Likes

@Green.Lantern I know only 2 songs from each person will be put in the playlist, but are we allowed to post more than 2 songs on the thread?

4 Likes

Not to jump the line but absolutely yes. It says at the top of each one of these threads u can post as many as u like. But only 2 will be posted in the summary list…

5 Likes

@patterson65.37405 I love Sinatra, and this is probably one of my two favorite songs of his. It’s going to be stuck in my head for a while now, thanks. :slight_smile:
@Jurisdiction Of course! Feel free to share as many as you like. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Superlungs (My Supergirl)

8 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :dancer:t2:Great picks so far!
So these are going out to my fave version of Kara… :full_moon_with_face: :metal::supergirl_cw: :guitar:

I think she’d like them. :purple_heart: Have a great week everybody!

Miles Away- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Asleep at the Wheel- Band of Skulls

Combat Baby- Metric

Harder Better Faster Stronger- Daft Punk

9 Likes
6 Likes

How did I not think of that sooner

4 Likes