✨ 🎶 Mixtape Monday - Star Girl 🎶 ✨

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone had a terrific weekend!

This Week’s Theme: Stargirl

This week we are making a playlist for Courtney Whitmore, also known as Stargirl. Courtney became the second Star-Spangled Kid and later Stargirl in part to annoy her superhero stepfather. What songs would you add to her playlist? Drop your selections below!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! If our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

13 Likes

“Across the Universe” by The Beatles

“Learning to Fly” by Pink Floyd

9 Likes

Another Beatles track…

And

9 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

@MatthewHecht :smiley:

:stargirl:

6 Likes

Hello @ZatannaZ,
I’m a huge fan of Stargirl, I even enjoy the series and comics. Anyway here’s my two pick that make me think of Stargirl, two songs from my favorite 2 blonde country singers! :cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Awesome picks @Reaganfan78! I’m a huge SG fan as well.

7 Likes

Gotta start with the low hanging fruit…

Courtney - The Paranoyds

Hard to narrow down the T. Rex options to one. But I made it down to two…

Teenage Dream - T. Rex

Cosmic Dancer - T. Rex

Wand’rin’ Star - James Barton

Movements in the Sky - Church of the Cosmic Skull

Cosmic Belt - Bruno Gonella

And of course, you can’t reference Stargirl without S.T.R.I.P.E.(sy), so …

Stars and Stripes of Corruption - Dead Kennedys

Stars and Stripes Forever - John Philip Sousa (USMC Band)

8 Likes
7 Likes

i think this iykyk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0mU-mRuvUo

6 Likes
6 Likes

Star Baby (2003 Remastered) (youtube.com)

5 Likes
6 Likes

:hearts: Muffs :hearts:
:headstone: Kim Shattuck :frowning: R.I.P.

6 Likes

And I could totally see her air surfing on the staff to this.

7 Likes