šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Sinestro šŸŽ¶

If they did, it was some rusted-out hulk of a thing with a ghost crew and a maw of jagged, oxidized teeth.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Since all of the ā€œyellowā€ songs seem to have been taken, Iā€™ll go with another color. I mean, Sinestro is red, after all. ā€œRed Right Handā€ by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

10 Likes

Pretty obvious lolā€¦

From Soranik to Sinestro.

9 Likes

I feel quite confident that Sinestro would be a Rob Zombie fan, so letā€™s rock to these:

Letā€™s be honest: Thaal would enjoy all of The Sinister Urge, and for obvious reasons.

Heā€™d likely also enjoy this yellow-tastic video of Madonnaā€™s:

Being that light is among Sinestroā€™s bag of tricks, hereā€™s another swell Madonna tune heā€™d like:

Lastly, for when Thaal is in the mood to brood:

9 Likes

Some blasts from the past:

Where Evil Grows - The Poppy Family

Back Stabbers - The Oā€™Jays

Evil Ways - Santana

9 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Itā€™s more than a little cheesy, but this felt like it could work for any number of scenarios where Sinestroā€™s power is turned against him:

And for the adults in the room, Iā€™m surprised Iā€™m the first one to post this:

8 Likes
8 Likes

OMG, yes! I love Voltaire. Havenā€™t seen him live in waaaaaay too long.

And beautiful selections all, especially @LDFM, @ejdias.95910, and @TravisMorgan!

Side note: thanks to @raider_dave66 I was today years old when I leaned Sinister Purpose was a CCR song. I honestly thought it was a John Zacherle original.

Anyway ā€¦

Despite the title, they never mention fear in the lyrics, but the lyrics work so much better for Thaal (or any of his acolytes that switch corps) than if it was the other way around. :wink:

Kind of surprised John Cale hasnā€™t been used already, but Iā€™ll throw it on the pileā€¦

While I sort of wish I knew about this jam for Darkseid week, it still works for Sinestro and his time in Qward.

And ā€¦ 87% unintelligible (unless youā€™re one of those Finnish death metal whisperers), but trust me, its Sinestro AF. :00_lc_sinestro:

Bonus FEAR songs (sans Lee Vingā€¦):

Appropriately named instrumental (or near instrumental) jamsā€¦

8 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: Excellent picks, as always! Hereā€™s what I brought:

Every Little Thing- Black Keys

And this one. This rendition feels right :stuck_out_tongue:letā€™s roll w/ it! :purple_heart: Have a great week, everybody!

Devil Went Down to Georgia- Nickelback

9 Likes
10 Likes

Wow, I havenā€™t heard that one in forever. But now Iā€™ll be screaming ā€œPoop as hard as rockā€ into the void like Iā€™m 15 again. Thanks.

5 Likes

Two songs about fear.

We know all the words of power,
All about the witching hour,
We know the reason why youā€™re scared,
And here comes your nightmare.

Over your shoulder honey, you donā€™t wanna turn around, Bring the night closer, we are gonna bring you down,
Itā€™s the times that we live in, erosion of the mind, Easy to be cruel, hard to be kind.

When the mode of music changes,
The walls around the city shake,
Look into the face of danger,
We know how to make you break.

Over your shoulder honey, right behind your back, Make you a true believer, maybe give you heart attack We are what you made us, see what we can find, Easy to be cruel, hard to be kind.

We canā€™t help the way we feel,
Bet your @ss itā€™s all for real,
Look out, honey, use your head,
Might be murdered in your bed.

Over your shoulder honey, the face still shines, Nobody you recognize, it isnā€™t yours, it isnā€™t mine, See the mouth smiling, make the words rhyme, Easy to be cruel, hard to be kind.

8 Likes

Is there no new topic for Mixtape Monday this week?

5 Likes

Hey @ejdias.95910! :wave: Mixtape Monday should be back next week for your regular music playlist-making. :musical_note:

8 Likes

Cool, thank you.

4 Likes

In that case, can I make a suggestion before next week?

6 Likes

Weā€™re always happy for suggestions! What did you have in mind?

5 Likes