🎶 🏋️‍♀ Mixtape Monday- Power Girl 🏋️‍♀ 🎶

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!

This Week’s Theme: Power Girl

This week is all about Power Girl, also known as Kara Zor-L, Karen Starr, and Paige Stetler. Power Girl is the cousin on Superman, and escaped Krypton as a baby. What song would you add to her playlist? Drop your picks below!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! If our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

13 Likes

I haven’t posted to Mixtape Monday in awhile, so I may be a little rusty, but will this one do?

12 Likes

Fantastic choice!

11 Likes
12 Likes

I believe this was made for a different DC character, but I think she wouldn’t mind. :smiley:

12 Likes

Time to check what I have on my own workout playlist. This one probably works

12 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

I’m mildly ashamed, but this was the first song I thought of.:see_no_evil:

Superlungs My Supergirl - Donovan

9 Likes

Sounds legit. Great pick @EDT

I’m gonna propose something more…rockish. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

How about a tv intro by the Beach Boys?

13 Likes

Once again, thank y’all for leaving the low hanging fruit for me. :smiley:

For those unfamiliar, Snap! did not have Chill Rob G’s permission to sample Let The Words Flow (nor Jocelyn Brown’s permission for Love’s Gonna Get You) before releasing The Power. While negotiating US distribution Rob agreed to this remix and video with more of his vocals restored in the hopes it would boost his career (while Jocelyn was pressing charges). But they labeled it “Power Jam” so his name was never attached, then smothered it with the US recording with Turbo B and Penny Ford replacing the vocal samples.
tl/dr; Snap! are jerks. Kara Zor El is 100% Team Chill Rob G.

And I’m so sorry for this… but when a Kool Keith song fits the them and actually meets forum standards I can’t not represent…

9 Likes

Yes all day on The Black Elvis Kool Keith!!! One of my favorite underdogs. Been putting out quality music for years.
Right on…!!!

7 Likes

:orange_heart: :orange_heart:
Have you heard Black Elvis 2 yet?

7 Likes

No…??? Idk he released a 2nd? Yes!!! I love it when I find out about music I’ve yet to hear. Especially from someone I love to listen to!!!

8 Likes

And I can just picture her working out to this:

8 Likes

Coming up in Titans Beast World Tour: Metropolis

Powergirl is apparently going to be on literal fire.

7 Likes

Wow, they’re getting all the expressions in lol

6 Likes

Yes! Just earlier this year; Juneteenth release. Not as good as the original, but IMHO much better than his more recent stuff back to El Dorado (not to impugn said albums). Did you enjoy it?

8 Likes