🎶 Mixtape Monday: New Year's Eve 🎶

Welcome to the last Mixtape Monday of the year! Last week, we put together one of the most super of all playlists for Supergirl:

Supergirl Playlist
  • “Invincible” (feat. Elle Puckett), by Aaron Sprinkle
  • “Confident”, by Demi Lovato
  • “Kashmir”, by Led Zeppelin
  • “Little Wing”, by Scott Finch
  • “Head Above Water”, by Olive James
  • “Theme from Supergirl”, by Blake Neely
  • “Come Fly With Me”, by Frank Sinatra
  • “Titanium ft. Sia”, by David Guetta
  • “My Super Friend”, by Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin
  • “Home”, by Alter Bridge
  • “Kara Flies”, from Superman: The Animated Series
  • “My Perfect Cousin”, by The Undertones
  • “Hey Ladies”, by The Beastie Boys
  • “Fly”, by Sugar Ray
  • “Superlungs My Supergirl”, by Donovan
  • “Miles Away” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • “Asleep at the Wheel”, by Band of Skulls
  • “Choke”, by BONES UK
  • “That’s Really Super, Supergirl”, by XTC

This Week’s Theme: New Year’s Eve!

The start of the new year is only a few days away. We want to ring in 2022 by building the greatest New Year’s Eve playlist in the Multiverse! What are your favorite songs to listen to as you watch the ball drop? Share your selections with us, below!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

7 Likes

Since New Year’s are supposedly all about change, here are two songs I picked that sing about change. Personally, I don’t believe in the “New Year, New Me” statement. :upside_down_face:

If you’ve seen the Apple TV+ show Schmigadoon!, you’ll recognize this song. If you haven’t, this is the big song in the final episode.

6 Likes

You may or may not recognize the singer’s voice in this song. Hint: He played a well-known villain. :wink:

7 Likes
5 Likes

I remember watching this live, and I always think of it with New Year’s Eve:

8 Likes
5 Likes

“New Year’s Day”, by U2

“Goodbye, Goodnight”, by Mae

(goodbye to the old year, goodnight after staying up so late :stuck_out_tongue: )

7 Likes
7 Likes

Here’s an obvious choice, but I just had to include it:

7 Likes

Here’s another obvious choice:

7 Likes

Hey there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

New Year’s Eve… :tada: :partying_face: :tada:

Usually asks the question of being ready for the new year. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And that is usually a yes, and can’t wait to jump into the new year. :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

Oh well, out with the old…

and in with the new, but it’s time to celebrate and party…

Also, New Year’s Eve lands on the weekend so,

and if you’re gonna party, you may wanna dance.

Yeah. I’m old and these were my jams. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Jump is a good choice! It’s one of those songs that I can listen to and it always boosts my mood.

6 Likes

Oh, nice. Is that the cover version from Donnie Darko?

6 Likes

Yes

5 Likes