šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Meta Madhouse Music - The Cheetah Beasts šŸŽ¶

Ahhh, new songs! Thanks, @Pollster, @TravisMorgan, and @Razzzcat! Iā€™ll add them!

All good, @Pollster, double posts are welcome, and since I quite like that song by Owl City, your redemption arc is considered both well done and complete, with my being a fan of that tune making up for your not being so. :stuck_out_tongue: ā€œLet 'Em Burnā€ makes me immediately think Marilyn Manson or ā€œLet the Bodies Hit the Floorā€ with that intro, but then eases into something entirely different, and I love it. I canā€™t quite put into words how at the moment, but the lead singerā€™s voice has a really intriguing effect, especially when it comes to the chorus. Sort of causes and effervescent effectā€¦ like the feeling the bubbles from a soda gives you when you drink one, but on the inside lol Wow! Thatā€™s a pleasant surprise. :slight_smile: Thank you for adding it!

@TravisMorgan - Ohh, thatā€™s quite the list! Whatā€™s so cool about it is that while the titles are, indeed, obviously appropriate, their songs actually are, too, which is an effect I always attempt, but end up failing miserably at. :stuck_out_tongue: Just the sound of ā€œPenguinsā€ makes me actually think of him, while a song like ā€œApe Man,ā€ has me considering Grodd from a different perspective (something less surface, and delving more into the characterā€™s full background), but still think of him all the same - not because of the title, but because of the sound of it. Such is true with Fireflyā€™s and Flamingoā€™s picks, too, and while I donā€™t know how you did it, by golly, you did it with excellence! Iā€™m happy to be able to add your picks to the list, and thank you for taking the time to share them with us! :slight_smile:

@Razzzcat - Hello, hello! Iā€™m glad your picks have you moving as much as they do me. Always, with the toe tapping, and the head nodding, itā€™s hard to stay still, so based on your previous post, if you do consider this your weekly class meeting, do know youā€™re getting high marks across the board! :wink:

Addressing ā€œRunning Up That Hillā€ first because of how hard it hit me emotionally. The mixture of the lead singerā€™s voice, and the atmospheric, free-flowing quality of the accompanying music is pretty ethereal, and has something of a disembodying effect on me (do you experience similar?). An intriguing choice for Owlmanā€¦ that song brings to mind characters the likes of Tate Langdon (from American Horror Story), so seeing it chosen for Owlman makes me want to learn even more about his background. :thinking: ā€œDemolition Manā€ is sublime, as wellā€¦ wow, what a choice! I can see the Bronze Tiger liking that - thereā€™s something solid and heavy to the beat that matches him really well. Ah, Iā€™m with you on cats liking jazzā€¦ they have a swagger to them, from the way they walk, and balance across the equivalence of tight ropes, to the way their tails move with such fluid flashes of flourish. Like the sophistication of jazz in motion (a la The AristoCatsā€™ ā€œEverybody Wants to Be a Catā€)! I approve. Thank you for the new adds! :partying_face:

3 Likes