🎶 Mixtape Monday: Legion of Super-Heroes 🎶

Welcome to the first May Mixtape Monday! Last week, all of you amazing music lovers of DC put together an unstoppable playlist for Unstoppable Doom Patrol:
Unstoppable Doom Patrol Playlist
  • “Helium Bar”, by The Weirdos
  • “People Are Strange”, by Echo & The Bunnymen
  • “Creep”, by Radiohead
  • “Monster Mash”, by Bobby Pickett
  • “Somewhere I Belong”, by Linkin Park
  • “Scars”, by Papa Roach
  • “Misfit”, by XXI
  • “Feel Invincible”, by Skillet
  • “Happy Together”, by Gerard Way
  • “Wild Child”, by W.A.S.P.
  • “Dynamite”, by Mud
  • “People Are Strange”, by The Doors
  • “Go Robot”, by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • “Why Am I Like This?”, by Orla Gartland
  • “Little Freak”, by Harry Styles
  • “Make Your Own Kind of Music”, by Cass Elliot
  • “We’re A Couple Of Misfits”, by Burl Ives
  • “House of Balloons”, by The Weeknd
  • “After Hours”, by The Weeknd
  • “Ask The Lonely”, by Four Tops
  • “I’m Not Like Everybody Else”, by The Kinks
  • “Kooks”, by David Bowie
  • “Ballroom Blitz”, by Sweet
  • “The Zoo”, by Scorpions

This Week’s Theme: Legion of Superheroes

This week, we’re going to put on our flight rings and put together a playlist for the greatest super-hero club of all time-the Legion of Super-Heroes! What songs do you think belong on the ultimate Legion playlist? Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a classic:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

7 Likes

@Don-El, you don’t want to miss this week Mixtape Monday!:smiley:

6 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

and I always wanted to borrow this one for the Legion

9 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t really know Legion of Super-Heroes all that well, but from what @idle453.87595 has told me this song is probably appropriate.

Continuity ch-ch-ch-changes.

9 Likes

The Legion of Super-Heroes is one of the corners of DC I’m least familiar with. I mostly just know them from appearances in other comics. I finally started reading The Legion, which was highly recommended to me a while back, and am really liking it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
8 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern,
Happy Mayday to you, here’s my two picks for Legion of Super-Heroes, hope you, @Don-El & everybody enjoy it.:smiley::radio::notes:

:legion_fan_club:

8 Likes
9 Likes

I could see this playlist having a lot of Pink Floyd on it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Even Arnold Layne? :wink:

6 Likes

He doesn’t look very pink to me:

7 Likes

:laughing: Good one! LOL!

6 Likes

Well Obviously the entirety of this CD

I haven’t heard it myself, but it does exist.

Also, a while back, I tried (unsuccessfully) to create songs for each legionnaire. I came up with the ideas of My Name’s Rokk (Let it rock) and Mindreader (Maneater). although very few lyrics were actually made.

in all seriousness, how about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Won’t Back Down.

that sums up the Legion Philosophy pretty well. (They fought Darkseid and a cloud that ate suns.) and here’s a page or two to reinforce.

Gotta love Karate Kid trying to take out Darkseid.

And now the awesome George Perez spread

and finally,

Sorry it’s so long, but I do love the Legion

And @Cradle2theGabe, there are ate least 4 continuities shown here. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’ve been thinking about spacey futuristic music for a Legion soundtrack.

Telstar - The Tornadoes

A funky instrumental celebrating the Telstar Satellite that was so futuristic back in the 1960s.

For Science - They Might Be Giants

A kitschy song about girls from Venus and getting missiles ready to destroy the universe.

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic

I’d post a link, but there is a little bad language at the beginning of this spacey instrumental. It just reminds me of drifting through space.

8 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes