🎶 Mixtape Monday: Jessica Cruz 🎶

Welcome to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a wonderful playlist for Wonder Woman:

Wonder Woman Playlist
  • “Wonder Woman”, by Lion Babe
  • “You’re a Wonderful One”, by Marvin Gaye
  • “Fight the Power (Clean Version)”, by Public Enemy
  • “Diana”, by Chelsea Wolfe
  • “Amazons of Themyscira”, by Rupert Gregson-Williams
  • “Cream on Chrome”, by Ratatat
  • “Gone”, by Madonna
  • “Wonder Woman”, by Charles Fox
  • “A Chocolate Sundae on a Saturday Night”, by Doris Day
  • “Everybody Hurts”, by R.E.M.
  • “E-Bow the Letter”, by R.E.M.
  • “Salt”, by Ava Max
**This Week's Theme: Jessica Cruz!** =

This week we’re highlighting one of my favorite characters-Jessica Cruz! This Green Lantern from Earth overcomes fear like few others, bbth y overcoming severe anxiety and by fighting evil throughout the universe. And she’s featured in the Green Lantern 2021 Annual, which hits stores this week. Share the songs you think would make up her personal playlist, below!

To start things off, here is a song I’m sure she could relate to in her earlier days:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

12 Likes

I struggle with anxiety as well, I feel this song fits lyrically, and it’s one of my favorite songs from, probably, my favorite band so… enjoy!

“Laugh & The World Laughs With You”, by Artifex Pereo

10 Likes

I’ll behave and post the family-friendly version since there are a couple of F-bombs in the original.

10 Likes

Oh man, Jess is one of my very favorite characters. As someone who also struggles with anxiety, I’ve always really connected with her. I have a whole playlist for her. But I think probably my favorite ones which are forum guidelines appropriate are:

Tiny Stills - Everything is Going Great:

Motion City Soundtrack - Everything is Alright:

Audien & Echosmith - Favorite Sound

JR JR - Same Dark Places

10 Likes

Here’s a song which would be a great reflection of both Jessica’s powers and her deep seated feelings and thoughts. I know it was sung by Kermit the Frog originally, but come on…Ray Charles, people!

(4) song not easy being green - YouTube

10 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :notes:
There’s a very good chance I may have given these to Jess before, but they feel right, so: Enjoy. Everyone have a great week! :hugs: :green_heart: Great picks so far! #TeamGreen

Lazerray- TV on the Radio

Humanidad- Ana Tijoux

And here’s this Marcio Takara variant! :star_struck:

10 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

Perhaps too obvious, but both for Jessica’s own emotional life and her role as a superhero. Plus, it’s difficult to go wrong with The Beatles:

A bit more cerebral, but I feel this touches on Jessica’s own relationships and how they buoy her. It’s not quite a perfect analog, but it does remind me of how much I miss Simon and Jessica as a team. It was so nice to see real male/female friendship without the “will they or won’t they” subtext:

8 Likes

This list is turning out even better than I expected, which is saying something.
I really did like seeing Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz together, @JaguarLoosy! I remember being annoyed at the time that Hal wasn’t in the spotlight for a while, but that changed very quickly once I realized how much I liked Simon and then Jessica.

4 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, songs for Jessica’s playlist… :musical_note: :00_lc_green_lantern:

Here are some that I thought of from some panels that have stood out to me so far in reading through Green Lanterns. :smiley:

First up… This tune because of… This panel. :joy:

Also nice choices Jessica. :clark_hv_4:

Next tune… Would be this one inspired by this panel. :white_flower: :00_lc_green_lantern:

And… As a bonus honorable mention… :superman_hv_4:

7 Likes

She loves Pokemon?! I identify with her even more now. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Yup. :grin:

I was very pleasantly surprised when I first read that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

She also might like this rendition I found based on her humor. :sunglasses: :metal:

7 Likes

Same, and I was already loving her in that run.
Jess rules!

6 Likes

Well if Jess is a Pokefan, maybe I can contribute something…

Here is some of the most calming music from one of my favorite Pokemon games:

Pokemon is definitely a “comfort game” that I can turn to when I need to lower my anxiety, so maybe this is how Jess feels about the series, too.

For even more chill, here’s the “night version” of the same track. Love those fret squeaks. :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Thanks for the post! I never got to play Sun & Moon but I’m definitely enjoying this relaxing music :heart:

7 Likes

Aw, I’m glad! Sun and Moon are probably my favorite of the more recent titles. I love the Hawaiian setting. And even though some of the changes they made aren’t my favorites, I still prefer when they try something new than when they just make the same thing over and over.

Plus, they have this guy :yellow_heart::

7 Likes

I have a feeling that she must like guacamole. It’s a food of her culture and it’s green. Nuff said.

7 Likes