Mixtape Monday: Grifter's Gritty Grooves 🎯🎶

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters.

This Week’s Theme: Grifter

*Hey DC aficionados!

Big shoutout to @Vroom for the stellar suggestion of diving into the world of WildStorm characters. This week, we’re tuning into the soundscape of Cole Cash, aka Grifter. With his evolution from con artist to hero, Grifter’s journey is as multifaceted as they come, demanding a playlist that’s just as diverse and edgy.*

12 Likes
10 Likes

Alright, some WildStorm appreciation! Thanks a bunch (and let’s hope its the first of many such spotlights to come, P/TY :smiling_face:)! :hugs:

I’m going to sit back and watch the suggestions as they come in, so this should be quite the wild storm of music and then some.

SN: @Stoic_Jester A Planetary-based Mixtape Monday would be pretty wild, doncha think? :wink:

6 Likes

C’mon

8 Likes

:notes: “One and only WiiiildC.A.T.S!” :notes:

Between WildC.A.T.S and Skeleton Warriors, Saturday mornings on CBS were pretty wild in the fall of 1994.

5 Likes
8 Likes

That is a really good idea! I will keep it in mind.

7 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it and this groovy Grifter get-together. :superman_hv_4:

Spitballin’ some ideas for a Planetary MM title:

• “Mixtape Monday: Poppin’ with Planetary”

• “Mixtape Monday: Planetary Pop Tunes”

Eh?

“Maybe, but stop shooting spitballs into the roof.”

Okay, fine.

Can I huck pencils into the ceiling tiles?

“No.”

Fine. I guess I’ll use a pencil as a writing instrument, then. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Poppin’ with Planetary" has a great ring to it. And while we might have to pass on the pencil tricks, I’m sure you’ve got plenty more awesome ideas up your sleeve. Keep them coming, and thanks for adding such a fun vibe to the discussion! :musical_note::memo::blush:

6 Likes

Thank you. Alliteration’s always awesome.

That’s fine.

While I flicked a pencil or two into a ceiling tile or two during my high school years (only when the teacher was outside the classroom and only when I was the only one in said classroom and yes, I got them down before the teacher came back in…well, most of the time :smirk:), I would never flick a pencil into DCUI’s ceiling tiles as I have too much respect for the joint to do that.

Of course, if there are some old tiles out by the dumpster, then…I think we should have a contest on who can flick the most pencils into those tiles, since they’re spent and going to be thrown away, anyway.

“You have a real predilection for flicking pencils into ceiling tiles, don’t you?”

Nah, I’m just being silly (I was good at it the few times I did it, though). :nerd_face:

In the words of TV’s Freakazoid, “Do I?!”

Pulls out a comically oversized stack of comically oversized legal pads and begins to jot ideas down.

These have been bubbling in my mental sponge for so long now that it feels great to jot them down.

Can do, Chet!

SN: No, their name isn’t Chet. Its just a random pull of mine.

Unless their name actually is Chet, which would be an extraordinary coincidence.

You’re welcome and thank you for the tip-top topic. :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

This one because of Grifter’s work with the government.

This one I heard in the film looper which is about mercenaries with psychic powers.

And this one because of Cole’s love for the hedonistic lifestyle. :stuck_out_tongue::metal:

9 Likes

I am not posting a song this week, because I don’t know enough about Grifter, but I am loving everyone’s selections!

7 Likes

If you know about Cole and Zannah good for you

10 Likes

As James Spader often said on TV’s Boston Legal, “Indeed.”

If you know the secret handshake to get into the Grifter Club, then also good for you.

Tugs on his “I know the secret handshake, as I know Zannah and Cole.”-branded t-shirt.

7 Likes

Hey @Stoic_Jester & @Vroom, while I never heard of Grifter’s Gritty Grooves, hope this song is a perfect fit, if not I’ll delete this post. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thefifthelement 5th GIF - Thefifthelement 5th Leeloo GIFs

Well sure you have, you silly goose! :slight_smile: You’re in the thread named that, after all. :wink:

Question is, have you heard of the thread’s starring character Grifter?

Fun Fact: His last name is “Cash”, so if you want to pop-in a Johnny Cash tune, I’d be much obliged, pard. :cowboy_hat_face:

Sure! I hadn’t heard that before, so it works for me, Mr. President. :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

I’ve also just added another song, it’s from the movie La Bamba in beginning of the movie when Bob rides on his motorcycle. :sunglasses::motorcycle:

6 Likes

That’ll work, Hoss. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes
8 Likes

This playlist really needs to start with KRS-One & Buckshot’s Clean-Up Crew, then :rooster: Sparrer’s Take 'Em All, but, sadly, dirty words.

So, instead:

7 Likes