🎶 Mixtape Monday: Fear State 🎶

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday! Sadie Hawkins Day was last week, so we put together a DC dance playlist to go along with it:

Sadie Hawkins Playlist
  • “Sadie Hawkins Dance”, by Relient K
  • “Slow Dance”, by Framing Hanley
  • “Dancing on My Own”, by Calum Scott
  • “When You Cry”, by Tito & Tarantula
  • “Say What”, by Stevie Ray Vaughan
  • “Poinciana”, by Percy Faith
  • “I Can Hear Music”, by The Ronettes
  • “Only Happy When It Rains”, by Garbage
  • “Go! (Club Mix)”, by Tones on Tail
  • “Troglodyte (Cave Man)”, by The Jimmy Castor Bunch
  • “Stroke It Noel”, by Big Star
  • “Shut Up and Dance”, by Walk the Moon
  • “The Flying Sequence”, by John Williams
  • “You Tied Up My Heart”, from The Guy Who Didn’t Like Musicals

This Week’s Theme: Fear State!

Fear State reaches its conclusion this week, so now is a great time to create the perfect Fear State playlist! Whether you've been reading along from the beginning or are eagerly looking forward to enjoying it on DCUI, we want to know what you think are the best songs to go along with this scary storyline! Share your selections with us, below!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

10 Likes

:thinking:I fear this will be a tough one… :cold_sweat:Uh-oh I gotta go, he’s coming!
star-wars-darth-vader

12 Likes

This is a tough one, I think, which you can tell because I’m still thinking of my choice. :stuck_out_tongue:
This is a very good start, though, it’s hard to ever go wrong with the Imperial March.

5 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

“Experiments In Confusion”, by Mick Gordon (from Prey (2017))

10 Likes

This and the outer limits intro used to scare the hell out of me. :scream:

9 Likes

Hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Fear State, huh? :thinking:

Seems like a good idea to have… :eyes:

And to watch out for… :bell: :fearful:

:superman_hv_4:

9 Likes

I think John Carpenter produced some of the best music in his movies, especially THE THING,

These two just kinda flow into each other. Of course Halloween comes to mind but another one I like is from The Fog,

I thought he was really masterful at incorporating the music with the visual to bring about the best response.

Last one but not least (and not a Carpenter piece),

Thanks all, have a good week.

9 Likes

Oh, man. When this show was on, I was a kid and couldn’t watch this because it was too scary. I would hear the music playing as I was falling asleep and it just terrified me, even though I had no idea what the show was about. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) - David Bowie

10 Likes

Here is my choice for this week. This song still creeps me out. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

From one of the most underrated horror/thriller movies: The Guest… “Haunted When the Minutes Drag”

8 Likes

I still have a little more time to contribute… right? Right. Anyway, fear leads to the dark side:

8 Likes
7 Likes