⚛ 🎶 Mixtape Monday- Doctor Manhattan 🎶 ⚛

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

This Week’s Theme: Doctor Manhattan

This week we’re making a playlist for Jonathan Osterman, aka Dr. Manhattan! He was a nuclear physicist transformed into a godlike being by a radioactive particle test. What song would you add to his playlist? Drop your selections below! :notes:

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! If our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

11 Likes
9 Likes

This is the only correct answer

6 Likes

This made me LOL :rofl:

6 Likes

Lmfao!! Thanks!

5 Likes

Okay, it doesn’t quite fit, but Doc is “atomic.”

And this seems rather fitting…

9 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

I searched for something called “nothing ever ends” and it turns out something with that title was done for the Watchmen tv show.

It’s the usual upbeat bubblegum pop you expect from Trent Reznor, but it fits.

10 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! Happy Thanksgiving! These are for my homegirl, Angela :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :notes::tumbler_glass: :egg: :dancer:t2::purple_heart:

(If you haven’t watched this show yet, you :100: should.)

11 Likes

A one hit wonder from an eighties super group which included Jimmy Page and Paul Rogers.

Radioactive - The Firm

…and a song about the World War we avoided.

Talkin’ World War III Blues - Bob Dylan

10 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Once again, I turn to my good friend John Carpenter.

The song’s title is a reference to the Carpathian Mountains. I can only speak for myself, but that specific mountain range always makes me think of the Lovecraft story “At the Mountains of Madness”. The story itself isn’t relevant but Lovecraft is a writer of cosmic and/or uncomprehensible horror that challenges our perceptions of reality. Manhattan’s origin and journey is an exploration of how he is mentally and emotionally broken by how his new powers have changed him. I did a whole thread talking about him if you want more details. Anyway, here is the song link

5 Likes