đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: DMZ đŸŽ¶

Welcome to another harmonious week of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist for Green Arrow definitely hit the target:

Green Arrow Playlist
  • “Oo-De-Lally”, by Roger Miller
  • “My Shot”, by Lin-Manuel Miranda
  • “Sugar, We’re Goin Down”, by Fall Out Boy
  • “Archers”, by Wovenwar
  • “We Are The Archers”, by Oh Sleeper
  • “Poison Arrow”, by ABC
  • “The Pusher”, by Steppenwolf
  • “Shipwrecked”, by Alestorm
  • “Dinah”, by Louis Armstrong
  • “Stayin’ Alive”, by The Bee Gees
  • “Welcome to the Jungle”, by Guns N’ Roses
  • “Super Bad”, by James Brown
  • “Survivor”, by Destiny’s Child
  • “Ready or Not”, by Fugees
  • “Greensleeves”, by Celtic Ladies
  • “Just 'Cos You Got the Power”, by Motörhead
  • “The Internationale”, by Billy Bragg
  • “City Is Ours”, by Big Time Rush
  • “If I Ruled the World”, by Big Time Rush
**This Week's Theme: DMZ** =

Last week was a week full of DMZ, with the arrival of the HBO Max miniseries and the comic itself here on DCUI. That makes now the perfect time to create the ultimate DMZ playlist. What songs do you think would best accompany this gripping tale of a war torn America? Share your choices, below!

I’ll start things off with this CCR classic:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

8 Likes

“Uprising”, by Muse

“War Ensemble”, by Slayer

8 Likes
6 Likes

my mixtape

8 Likes

We’ll just agree to all ignore the obvious Edwin Starr low hanging fruit, right?

(Though I like the tempo better, Body Count’s Ice-T and Slayer’s medley includes two other songs with lyrics that don’t meet community standards, so I guess we’ll have to kick this old school
)

(I was torn on OFC tracks, so I used two
)

7 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

I’ve just started reading DMZ, but I can already tell these songs really do fit the tone and feel of the series. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I might have used this one before, but I think it works well for this.

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Okay, I admit I haven’t yet read DMZ, but judging by the song choices thus far, I think this might be appropriate:

7 Likes

Perfect opportunity for everyone’s favorite musical (sarcasm), Hamilton!

5 Likes