🎶 Mixtape Monday: Conner Kent 🎶

Welcome back to a new week of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s mixtape was a scarily good one for some of the bravest monsters ever, the Creature Commandos:

Creature Commandos Playlist
  • “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy”, by The Andrews Sisters
  • “In the Mood”, by Glenn Miller
  • “Thriller”, by Michael Jackson
  • “Monster Mash”, by Bobby Pickett
  • “Frankenstein”, by Edgar Winter
  • “Thriller”, by Postmodern Jukebox
  • “Vode An (Brothers All)”, by Jesse Harlin
  • “Werewolves of London”, by Warren Zevon
  • “Meet the Monster”, by Five Finger Death Punch
  • “Bark at the Moon”, by Ozzy Osbourne
  • “The Creature From the Black Lagoon”, by Dave Edmunds
  • “The Monster Hop”, by Bert Convy
  • “Sweet Creature”, by Harry Styles
  • “G.I. Jive”, by Tympany Five
  • “Commando”, by The Ramones
  • “Cretin Hop”, by The Ramones
  • “Theme from The A-Team”, by Prague Film Orchestra
  • “Commandos”, by Stage Dolls
  • “Blood on the Risers”, from Band of Brothers
  • “War”, by Edwin Starr
  • “Run to the Hills”, by Iron Maiden
  • “Hungry Like the Wolf”, by Duran Duran
  • “The Dead Next Door”, by Billy Idol
  • “Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)”, by David Bowie

This Week’s Theme: Conner Kent

This week’s playlist is all about one of DC’s greatest superheroes (who happens to have a new series arriving this week)-Conner Kent! From his debut as one of the Supermen who protected Metropolis after Kal-El’s death to being an important member of both the Titans and Young Justice, Conner’s had a long and exciting career. What songs do you think would be on his favorite playlist? Share your picks with us, below!

Since he’s a clone and product of genetic engineering, I feel like there is a chance this song would hit a little too close to home for Conner, but I choose to believe he’d like it:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes

“Superman” by R.E.M.

10 Likes

Don’t really know why but these two songs remind me of him

9 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

“Clones”, by Ash

8 Likes

Carry on wayward son - Kansas o
waving through a window - dear Evan Hansen

9 Likes

Welcome to Mixtape Monday (and the Community), @ALFRED.1943! It’s great to have you here. I wish I’d thought of Carry On, Wayward Son! It does seem like a perfect fit for Conner.
Please let one of us mods know if we can ever help you with anything. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, I just have to include this! Who else is a fan of this guy?

10 Likes

I’ve always liked him! This isn’t a playlist I would’ve expected to see Weird Al on, but that’s a great fit. :slight_smile:

7 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

For some reason, this song just popped into my head today and I thought that it would be perfect for a Mixtape Monday someday. Turns out today is that day:

A little bit Clark, a little bit Lex:

10 Likes

I think I’ve got it all covered. Superman. Check. Clone. Check.

(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman- The Kinks

Clones (We’reAll) - Alice Cooper

8 Likes

It’s probably not that applicable but…

7 Likes

I almost posted “Mutt”, in regard to his genetic heritage but I read the lyrics and was like “nope!”

7 Likes

I thought about doing Mutt but I feel like that song is more Tim’s general vibe

7 Likes

As inspired by the 1994 series:

10 Likes

thanks so much!!:slight_smile:

7 Likes