🎶 Mixtape Monday: Catwoman 🎶

Hello again, and welcome to another exciting installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a playlist for one of DC’s toughest fighters and fliers-Hawkman:

Hawkman Playlist
  • “Once in a Lifetime”, by Talking Heads
  • “Free Bird”, by Lynrd Skynyrd
  • “Time After Time”, by Cyndi Lauper
  • “Rann Thanagar Wars”, by The Corps
  • “Soul Manager”, by Front 242
  • “To Be a Man”, by StarKid Productions
  • “The Final Countdown”, by Europe
  • “Fly Like an Eagle”, by Steve Miller Band
  • “Lullaby of Birdland”, by Ella Fitzgerald
  • “Surfin’ Bird”, by The Trashmen
  • “Learning to Fly”, by Pink Floyd
  • “Just the Two of Us (TikTok Remix)”, by Grover Washington, Jr.
  • “We’ve Only Just Begun”, by The Carpenters
  • “Learn to Fly”, by Foo Fighters
  • “Dreams”, by Van Halen
  • “Flying in a Blue Dream”, by Joe Satriani
  • “Theme from My Side of the Mountain”, by Wilfred Josephs
  • “10,000 Miles”, by Mary Chapin Carpenter
  • “Fly Me to the Moon”, by Frank Sinatra
  • “Rocketman”, by Elton John
  • “Rocketeer”, by Far East Movement
  • “Bring Me to Life”, by Evanescence
  • “The Only Thing They Fear Is You”, From DOOM Eternal
  • "
**This Week's Theme: Catwoman** =

For this week, we’re highlighting one of the greatest predators of birds, the cat-Catwoman! What songs do you think would fill Selina Kyle’s playlist? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a classic I’ve enjoyed since I was a kid:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

16 Likes
7 Likes

Cat singing about the Cat

and from Catwoman herself

14 Likes
13 Likes

I was hoping you do Catwoman @Green.Lantern! Here’s my two song pick for her, by the way I’m watching The Batman right now on HBO Max! :smiley:

7 Likes
10 Likes

This is a natural fit:

If you’re into trance and how Selina dreams of living a life with Bruce outside of masks, capes, whips and the like:

This is absolutely on Selina’s playlist, and for any number of reasons (what she listens to when she and Bruce are on the rocks, she likes good music, puts her in the mood for Bruce, etc.), plus its my fav Madonna song, so there. :slight_smile:

9 Likes
9 Likes

I’m glad to hear that, @Lincolnfan78! This is already shaping up to be a good playlist. I’m not surprised, since there are so many directions to go when it comes to Selina.

5 Likes

Honestly this song gives me Catwoman vibes

9 Likes
6 Likes
12 Likes

“Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen”, by Anberlin

“Why Don’t You Do Right”, by Peggy Lee

8 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Gotta drop some Beasties:

Selina’s been known to be up for some sabotage, one or 12 times. :smirk:

She has most definitely looked down the barrel of many guns:

For when Selina is hell-bent on finding someone on the run that she wants to sink her claws into:

6 Likes
5 Likes

Here’s an oldie but a goodie, and I think the title, coupled with the smoothness of the sound, makes it a natural for our Selina:

8 Likes

For when everything is just peachy-keen in Selina’s life, especially with Bruce:

When everything isn’t so peachy, and Selina is feeling the regrets of lost chances (and because I dig Euro trance :grin:):

For when Selina just wants to kick. Some. Ass:

…and…because I think Selina would dig PM5K:

Lastly, she digs Rob Zombie:

6 Likes

Throwing this out there really quick,

and this too…

8 Likes