💪 🎶 Mixtape Monday - Bane 🎶 💪

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone had a spectacular weekend!

This Week’s Theme: Bane

This week we are making a playlist for Bane. Bane was born and raised in a prison for the crimes of his father, destined for a life of corruption. What songs would you add to his playlist? Drop your selections below!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! If our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

9 Likes
7 Likes

Hrm… Zookraught’s Break You is the obvious pick, but doesn’t meet forum guidelines. So I’ll leave it to the responsible adults among us to listen on your own dime.

But of course, you can’t have a Bane mixtape without including the namesakes of his three henchmen;

8 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Jail Guitar Doors - The Clash

7 Likes

Okay, it really doesn’t fit, but it’s been stuck in my head all day and it’s funny thinking of Bane singing this…

6 Likes

someone had to do “Folsom Prison Blues” in Spanish…

https://youtu.be/6p58881vPiM?si=hcGKmmoMdI_ZEkyA

7 Likes

I always love all the changes bands have to do to translate songs to languages with completely different syllabic patterns, but still maintain the spirit of the song they started with. It can’t be easy, but it’s amazing when it’s done well.

Y el sonido del disparo en mi cabeza, todavĂ­a sigue aquĂ­

6 Likes

It’s hilarious to picture Bane belting this out :rofl:

7 Likes

♫ “I’m just Bane…” ♫

5 Likes

Isn’t there a series recently (in old man years) where Bane serenades someone with Bésame Mucho? I read Bane in a Danny Trejo adjacent headvoice and enjoy picturing him singing in a studio somewhere for an as-yet-nonexistent cartoon adaptation.

5 Likes

Oh, Bane singing “Bésame Mucho” in a Danny Trejo type voice would be hilarious.

5 Likes

I’ll borrow a bit from @keath cuz I saw that stooges cut.

Seek & Destroy- Metallica.

Janes Addiction- Jane Says. Addiction to Venom. I’m gonna kick tomorrow……
Bane Says lol…

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well played!

6 Likes

:joy: ty. Came to me naturally-& as I was writing, so it reads weird lol.

5 Likes

Sadly, I imagined this.

Or rather, I conflated two scenes that took place in underground tunnels, released around the same time.

Bane, in the catacombs of Gotham

Lord Death Man, in tunnels below the Arabian Sea floor

... shortly after reciting 19th century French poetry and busting out some Czech tunes we don't get to see

I’m sure you all can see how I got confused.

I’ll repent by adding one more track to the Bane list, inspired by Lord Death Man… though I’m sure I’ve used this before…

8 Likes
10 Likes

Oh my god lmfao

7 Likes

Edit: Wanted to include this for @raider_dave66
The panel is from Batman #12 (2016)

8 Likes