🌈 🎶 Mixtape Monday- Amethyst 🎶 🌈

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone has a great week!

This Week’s Theme: Amethyst

This week features none other than Amy Winston, also known as Amethyst. She was raised as a normal girl on Earth, but finds out as a teen she is actually Princess of Gemworld. What songs would you add to her playlist? Share your picks below!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! If our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes
14 Likes

Yessss! SU rep! Perfect!

11 Likes

I’ve never actually seen the show, but I heard the song

11 Likes

“Crystal Blue Persuasion” by Tommy James and The Shondells

“Diamonds Are Forever” by Shirley Bassey

15 Likes
13 Likes

“Infinite Amethyst”, by Lena Raine

“Diamond Lost”, by The Devil Wears Prada

13 Likes
14 Likes

Queen- Killer Queen.
Eagles- Witchy Woman.
Idk why the update made the song titles cut-off now? Have to type em out anyway lol…

11 Likes

Diamond Girl - Seals & Crofts

11 Likes

Amethyst is my favorite fantasy thing at DC.

Full Disclosure: While Amethyst has more positive elements in them. In the original series, I feel so bad for her. She was just a child when she gets transported to another world and is forced to become a hero and save the world from the villain who killed her parents. Her story is so tragic. :sob:

Plus this is spoiler for the original series but at the the end of Amethyst, she doesn’t get a happy ending, she gives her life for everyone in Gemworld and while it’s a better world, Amethyst dies.

Amethyst story has gotten less tragic over the years but I if there is one song that brings me back to that sadness it would definitely be Escapism from Steven Universe.

However I hate being a Debbie downer all the time, so Amethyst recommend song that is little more upbeat then I recommend Monster and Men “Crystals”

12 Likes

Hey @ZatannaZ, the way you describe the character reminds me of Princess Diaries. Hope you enjoy this music. :smiley::notes:

13 Likes

Very nice!

12 Likes

Maybe these might work:

14 Likes

I’ve noticed in the email notifications I get, you’re using an embed url code.

Are you using the “share” feature on the video and pasting something from that?

10 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes

I have to add this.

The transformation music from the DC Nation Amethyst short.

14 Likes