Mister Miracle (2017)

Always been interested in Mister Miracle but I have only just heard about this new-ish series talked about on Collider Heroes recently. The first issue came out in 2017 so it should’ve been added to the Library a while back but it’s still not there. Any idea when we might see it? January?

4 Likes

I think Applejack in one of her Thursday Office Hours replies, said that DC Comics wanted to keep this series out of the Library, so it would do better as a trade

4 Likes

Really? Oh I must have missed that… sad news. But maybe it’ll be added next year still. Let’s hope.

2 Likes

Makes sense that theyd want to keep it on trade. I wish it would come on DCU.

It was one of DC’s most critically acclaimed series in recent years. Tom King and Mitch Gerards did a fantastic job.

Mitch and Tom both won Eisner Awards for their work on Mister Miracle.

Id honestly say the run is definitely worth the buy.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, my current situation does allow for much of a disposable income so I’m hoping to see these issues on DCU soon-ish…

2 Likes

@Mae Mister Miracle is available on Hoopla if you’re interested.

4 Likes

I do have a library card but I’ve not been able to set it up on the app for some reason. I think I need to actually go to the library and they’re supposed to provide a special code? Is that how it works? Maybe my library card is too old or something…

After you enter your card in the Hoopla app, it should find your library system (as long as it’s a participant with Hoopla) and go from there. No codes are needed.

Contact your library and get their two pennies if need be. Ask 'em if LeVar Burton is in too :wink:

1 Like

Looking for it too as I just got this DC Universe app and surprised I can’t find it. Left off in the middle of the run two years ago along with everything else I was pulling at the time and trying to catch up to it all now. I’ve found everything else for the most part but someone mentioned no mature titles are available on here? Is that true? I hope not.

1 Like

@danimalecter Select best-selling titles aren’t available on the service (due to not wanting to interfere with their sales) such as Tom King’s Mister Miracle, Batman: White Knight and Watchmen.

For the forseeable future, Mister Miracle will not be on DC Universe.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Guess I’ll give it some time while I read other books, glad they really expanded the DC library here. Feel like I’m betraying my old comic book store though…maybe I’ll stop by and pick up Mister Miracle in print for old times sake.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to read it so bad. I think I’ll go the library route as @Vroom suggested because like @Mae I don’t have the cash either. I’ve heard only good things about it.

2 Likes

It’s available now (Sep, 2021)