Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

To all those who are thinking Batwoman has tech to stop lightning.

The temperature of lightning is 30,000 degrees kelvin. The surface of the sun is roughly 6,000 degrees kelvin.

Somebody please show me any piece of batfam tech that can survive on the surface of the sun, let alone 5x hotter.

It just is no contest. Kate is just grossly overpowered by LL. I know it’s “comic book physics” but still.

7 Likes

This is a good point and very likely. I know Starfire would most likely win the fight (being a super powered alien and all) but I just want to see Steph go further so she gets the vote.

Otherwise, I’m trying not to play favorites too much and pick who I think would actually win most of the time.

8 Likes

I agree with you, however, Snyder showed us, Bat-people can create gauntlets that repulse and/or absorb such energy. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah well, ya trust an bleeping moron, that kind of stupid stuff is gonna happen. At best they’d be one use only because after the first bolt they’d be melted, probably along with the hands and arms inside said gauntlet.

5 Likes

Cheers! @SpoilerAlert88 that’s the way, can’t vote for favorites. Several of my faves have lost in these rounds, and I hate to admit, I’ve voted against some faves (I won’t say who, and you’ll never get it out of me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

7 Likes

that would be really cool though! so Lightning Lass has my formal permission to electrocute Batwoman

6 Likes

Even Batman had to throw off the Gauntlet once Supes was back and hit him. If it wasn’t for Lois, Bat-Bar-BQ. :laughing:

6 Likes

Dark. But I like it.

5 Likes

I think it’s part of the mix of voting. Some folks are going to look at their votes objectively, others are going to get support because they have a adamant fan base, others are going to go with the “brand names”. This, like most voting activities, is sprinkled about with votes going to or against other characters.

It’s one of the reasons to curate the brackets. In an all out brawl supergirl will have knocked batgirl flat in less than a second. No time to get her krytonite handy. Does this mean that their aren’t plenty of Batgirl fans out that want to believe, based on a lack of evidence, Babs can take down Kara. Sure.

Lightning Lass vs Batwoman is a similar matchup. Power and tactics of LL far out stripes any offense or defense BW has.

BC taking out Barda in the first round was insane. No way Dinah slaps down the once head of Darkseid’s female furies. It’s also a reason why we have OO this time around. And it was nice and educational to the fans to hear why he chose one character over another.

6 Likes

I agree. It is part of the zaniness, and makes for interesting match ups -even if sometimes infuriating.

I love looking at this as a true “March Madness,” anything could happen, sometimes “powerhouse, Legendary teams” fall, because they just weren’t up to the challenge. This year, the opposing team, had a better class of talent. That’s ok, but how?

When Barda lost to Canary, I knew, some people weren’t taking this seriously. So, it’s been my mission this year, to encourage others to step outside themselves, and think about it discursively. It’s funner. Ok, You think that A wins over B, explain it?

I love the creativity, imagine a scenario, why might this happen? If you can’t make a reasonable argument, that means, there is no rational way a character might win. Thus, vote for them to lose, even if they are your favorite. Trust me, they won’t mind. :laughing:

Making your vote, and encouraging others to go along with you, in a rational way, elevates this competition. Don’t only vote for favorites or the names you recognize, we live in the 21st Century, it’s easy to look up unfamiliar characters. Do yourself a favor.

Stan Lee always said, it’s not the worst thing, if someone has to go to a dictionary and look up a word he used. You’ll learn something. Don’t just go for brand names/faves, you might discover your next favorite character on the opposing team.

6 Likes

I think people should vote in a way that brings them the most joy. People shouldn’t be shamed for how they decide to vote. This should be about having fun; and it is really disheartening when people get angry because someone disagrees with them on something as simple as to how you vote in these polls. I think people are taking this way to seriously.

7 Likes

Stephanie brown batgirl once took one a full blast of lighting from livewire and was completely fine

6 Likes

I concur 100%!!

3 Likes

Livewire is shooting electricity coming from an existing power generator source. Like a power station. That means she is only controlling 7200 volts AC, which is a far cry from the 300,000,000 volts DC that lightning creates. You are looking at aa difference is 30 million times more power coming from Lightning Lass than Livewire.

The truth is that in terms of sheer power, Lightning Lass is at least as powerful (if not more so) than Supergirl or Big Barda with her Mega-Rod.

5 Likes

if she actually has her lighting powers

5 Likes

Just realized I voted but never posted my thoughts. Since there’s a few hours left (for most of them), guess I might as well spout off. I think I have the dissenting opinion on most of these… :wink:

• Batgirl beats Supergirl. I maintain the stance that Babs carries Kryptonite at all times; not because she’s afraid of Kara, but because other Kryptonians exist and are all bad all the time. Only way Kara wins this is a surprise attack, or getting enough elevation that Babs bites it when they crash back to Earth. (And some friendly passerby takes the Kryptonite from Babs’ twitching fingers…)
  • Artemis beats Miss Martian. I had Artemis over Orphan easy, but this is a tougher matchup. I think M’gann will draw it out, and Artemis will lose her cool more than once out of frustration, but in the end, she’s got the endurance to last long enough to light a fire of some sort and take the match.
  • Lightning Lass over Batwoman. I am voting against my own bracket here.
    Kate is prepped for most things, but as @DeSade-acolyte pointed out, lightning isn’t just electricity, but heat as well. Kate might be able to survive a hit, but LL can strike repeatedly, and has a flight ring to boot. In this story, Kate is lucky to survive the fight to come up with a plan B.
  • Barda over Courtney. Easily. Possibly with a bit of cockiness that lets Stargirl get a hit or two in for the lols. Maybe takes the Cosmic Staff and holds it over her head like a bully on the playground.
  • ZZ over Donna, and any other Wonder Girls, any day, every day. Even in god mode, Donna is a fighter, not a sorcerer. She needs to land a punch to hurt Z, while Z doesn’t even need to be in the same space.
  • Raven over Crazy Jane. You got 64 personalities but a literal demon ain’t one. Even the most powerful personalities of CJ are still useless when they get portalled away to another dimension.
  • Starfire over Spoiler. Probably quite amusingly.
  • Vixen beats Jesse. Jesse has speed, but what’s she going to do against an animal she can’t lift, or when Vixen takes flight or dives in to the ocean? The weakness of every speedster is that they can’t resist stopping to make a quip or figure out their next move, and that’s when Jesse gets scooped up by a falcon and dropped from a mile high.
5 Likes

Supergirl has to beat Batgirl! Not only does Supergirl have a Kryptonite suit, but she was trained by the Amazons and by Black Adam (in the Injustice storyline, at least)! Supergirl has the obvious edge over Batgirl!

4 Likes

Raven’s an empath! How could she handle 64 personalities and the host?! She can barely control 2 minds, let alone 64!

4 Likes

But Batgirl was trained bu me…

4 Likes

So was Jason Todd! Look where that got him! Dead on a warehouse floor!

3 Likes