MEGA POLL: Who is Batman's most accomplished protégé? (The GIRLS Edition)

Okay everybody it’s that time again! The girls got A LOT of love on the Robin square off (boys edition) so I’m really curious as to who you all think is Batman’s most accomplished lady. Be sure to let us know who you chose and why you think they deserve top spot. I’ll follow this poll with another one in a couple days pitting the two reigning champs against each other Boy vs Girl!!!

P.S. (In this poll, it’s okay to call Helena Bertinelli’s Huntress a spiritual successor to Helena Wayne) I think for the character it’s an accomplishment that she lived on.

Honorable Mentions:
Cassandra Cain

Also, thank you to @Izzy11 for reminding me that Cassandra Cain definitely deserves a mention!

And we got ANOTHER honorable mention for Cassandra Cain from @SpoilerAlert88!

The Bat-Lady Square Off
  • Barbara Gordon
  • Carrie Kelley
  • Stephanie Brown
  • Helena Wayne

0 voters

8 Likes

This one is a no brainer to me but you guys consistently surprise and make me question what I know so I’m curious as to what the final results will be.
Her stint as Batgirl alone could grant her top spot in my mind. Add her work as Oracle and all the time she was Batman’s eyes and ears and you got MVP of the Bat-Fam on your hands. (Debatably)

6 Likes

Barbara Gordon all the way, she’s a woman you can really trust! :0_batgirl:

4 Likes

As Oracle, Barbara has arguably done more to fight crime and protect the world than Batman himself.

4 Likes

Babs all the way man!

4 Likes

1_Crzs_Gjo2WIOHfC4ewgjBw

5 Likes

After receiving a blow that should have ended her crime fighting career, Barbara found a way to continue her fight and help even more people.

4 Likes

Babs definitely. Bit only as Oracle as many have mentioned but even as batgirl she made that bats on her chest her own.

I’d say Carrie Second because she was able to become Robin by herself. Help Old Man Bats out when he needed it. And form what I’ve heard in the sequel DKR comics she becomes her own hero. So I d say nice accomplishments there.

Stephanie third. Even though she has had great strides from being a Robin breaking from her villainous past and becoming batgirl a lot of those were short lived or forgotten. Of course it’s not all her fault via multiverse and such but she doesn’t seem to go fully through with something (again not always her fault).

And last Helena. Mostly due to not knowing much about her but even though from what I’ve seen and heard nice legacy accomplishments but nothing big enough to keep her in main continuity al lot​:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

babs was oracle and trained/mentored two different batgirls speaking of which where is Cassandra Cain?

2 Likes

Good call! I’ll put her up in the honorable mentions. I was trying to keep it the main four but thinking about it I could’ve swapped Helena for Cassandra. But nevertheless I’ll put her in the honorable mentions!

1 Like

4 Likes

So my favorite is Steph but the question was most accomplished so I have to go with Barbara. She did so well as Batgirl but then when she was not able to go in the field anymore she still made sure she was giving her all and helping as Oracle and being mentor to Steph and Cass. Overcoming the physical and mental trauma that she has would make her the most accomplished on this list for me.

If Cass was on the list I would pick her because she overcame her bad parents and childhood, learned to communicate with people, and she is probably one of the best fighters in all of DC.

5 Likes

I appreciate your reasonability. I agree that is pretty hard to beat Barbara. But Steph is definitely amazing in her own right. I’m sorry Cass isn’t up on the board, I’ll throw another honorable mention up there for her!

2 Likes

Oh don’t be sorry! Barbara definitely deserves it. I just thought I would throw that in that if Cass was an option she would be my pick. But staying within the options Barbara is the clear winner for most accomplished.

3 Likes

I love all these ladies! But if were talking accomplishments, Babs has it made. She’s got the fighting skills and the technical skills. And she taught herself all that. I love Stephanie though. She needs to be in the TV and movies for sure.

3 Likes

Totally agree! I’d love to see Stephanie’s live action debut! How would you prefer her character to be brought in? In a show like Titans or Doom Patrol? Or does she deserve the big screen??

2 Likes

I’d love to see her on the big screen. I felt like Stephanie would have been better suited for the role Cassandra played in the BOP movie. But I imagine that if Titans goes on longer, she’ll make her debut there. Especially since Tim has been cast.

3 Likes

Oh man, good call! I’d never thought about that! Steph totally would’ve been perfect for BOP! What a missed opportunity. Especially considering they didn’t do all that much justice to Cass in that movie. I hadn’t realized Tim’s been cast in Titans. That’s exciting. But I can definitely see her making her debut on that show.

3 Likes

I was gonna go to bat for Steph but you know on further analysis…Carrie is seemingly one of the few hopes for the future in TDKR. Most of the older heroes are either retired, on the run, or too jaded to care. And Carrie more or less foreshadows Tim with seeking out Batman to become his sidekick.

Carrie as Batwoman has the potential to be better (and more well-adjusted, considering the world she lives in) than Bruce.

2 Likes

Probably the best martial artist in all of DC, and barring superpowers or weapons probably the most dangerous with just her fists.

2 Likes