Matt Reeves Developing Batman Arkham Series Set In James Gunn's New DCU

8 Likes

If I don’t hear Joker yell “Welcome to the Madhouse, Batman!” I’m gonna be so pissed.

But seriously! Matt Reeves is taking the most iconic Batman games ever (Ignoring Arkham Origins) and make movies for them? Eeeeee!!! I sound like a fan-girl!

3 Likes

Did you see any confirmation that this is actually adapting the Arkham games?? I haven’t seen anything specifically connecting this new project to the games, just confirming that it’s set in Gunn and Safran’s new universe

I will not, that game is super underrated!

4 Likes

As long as The Batman universe doesn’t have any sort of connections to Gunn’s DCU, bring it on

4 Likes

It’s Warner Bros. They just green-lit a Barbie/Oppenheimer movie. Trust my instincts. I’ve correctly predicted the end of Avengers Endgame, Batman swearing more in the Snyder Cut, Superman Returns sucking, Kevin Conroy returning for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, and Jon Bernthal playing Punisher in Daredevil: Born Again. My track-record is good.

2 Likes

I’d rather not get my hopes up that this could be an adaptation of the Arkham games until/unless it’s actually confirmed

This is being made by Full Moon Features for release on Prime. At this point WB doesn’t actually seem to have any direct involvement in this

Just your opinion, I actually really liked that movie

3 Likes

I want to believe it but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

4 Likes

From the article it just seems like a series set in Arkham

6 Likes

This is my read as well.
It doesn’t seem like Reeves is looking to adapt Rocksteady Studios’ gaming storyline. I’m seeing more of a Reevesverse joint happening here.

6 Likes