MASTER TOPIC: New Community(3.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

It seems this thread has become the general DC Universe Infinite suggestion thread, rather than one just for the community*, so I’ll post this here:

It would be great if the “Add To” box that pops up when you click the “Add To List” button on a comic could be changed so that the most recently edited lists display at the top of the box, rather than at the bottom (i.e. reverse the current chronological sort order). Thank you.

*And since that’s the case, a secondary suggestion: maybe change the “New Community(2.0)” in the thread title to “DC Universe Infinite”?

5 Likes

Hey @KookieSuperApe! Thanks for the suggestion and I’ve added it to the list to be passed to the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good point about the thread shifting gears a bit, I’ll see what the rest of the team thinks.

6 Likes

Another suggestion for/problem with the “Add To” box for custom user lists:

When the new “Add To” box was launched a couple weeks ago, thumbnails for each of the lists were added to the box. This is a nice feature in theory; however, I have a couple hundred lists, and each time I click the “Add to List” button on a comic, the thumbnails in the box have to reload from scratch, which is causing a 15-20 second lag each time I add a comic. So, even though the addition of the “Add to List” button to the cover of each comic has theoretically made adding comics to lists more convenient, the process is now actually slower for me than it was before, when I had to open each issue in an individual tab. If an option to disable the list thumbnails from showing in the “Add To” box could be provided, or if the thumbnails could just be done away with entirely, that would be great. Thank you.

4 Likes

You’ve got it, my friend @KookieSuperApe! I’ve added that in. As watchful as always :owl:

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t see that option @Reforged.

What you can do is go into your Preferences from the top right hand corner (where your profile pic/name is located) → Under notifications, click Categories → Scroll down to add in categories you would like to mute. You can also go to Tags instead to mute threads with certain tags. Sorry it doesn’t get more specific!

Please let me know if you need any more assistance :smiley: Until then, have a nice day!

5 Likes

Hello @Moderators,

Anytime I get a notification or want to look at my profile on my Samsung tablet, the profile seem small while DC On HBO Max is too close it, I kept accidentally tapping HBO Max when trying to hit my profile,
There’s a empty spot at the other end, can you guys please move DC On HBO Max to the other end, and have the empty end above the profile so I don’t accidentally keep hitting the wrong button. Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I can’t make any promises, but I’ll definitely pass the information up!

4 Likes

I’m noticing SERIOUS lag when using my mobile browser to access the boards. Typing is slow, presses take forever to respond, etc. I’m not observing this on any other sites, either. My browser is mobile Brave, which is a clone of mobile Chrome but with some additional privacy and security features built in, and my phone is Android.

3 Likes

Is this a new issue? Or has this been ongoing?

3 Likes

I first noticed it about a week or so ago, maybe closer to two weeks? Time is fake during quarantine. At first I thought it was an issue on my end, but after seeing no similar issues on other sites + totally rebooting my phone to be sure, I believe it to be something with DCUI.

4 Likes

Give us a little time to look into this please. :orange_heart:

4 Likes

No problem! I’m a programmer, myself, so I understand how it goes. Let me know if you need any more information from me.

5 Likes

Thankyou @Barrys.Better.Half! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@mysterious_stranger2 - Ok… so I’ve noted all of the information you’ve given and sent it up. It’s being looked into, we’ll let you know if any questions arise. Thank you!!

4 Likes

I was a programmer too

DCUI is terrible in Garbage Collection.

The app disk space gets bigger and bigger as a result

I delete the cache both for the app and browser

If that doesn’t work
I clear browser history
And reinstall App

You would lose all downloads then.

5 Likes

Is there a way to hide issues and series you’ve already read? If not, there should be.

4 Likes

I genuinely can’t remember if this ever happened, but at least HBO Max finally did it.

4 Likes

hi

3 Likes

@SaintBrodie - Sorry for the delay in response! There is not this feature currently, but it’s been requested and is on the teams radar. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello my follow DC fan. I haven’t posted in a while. But I’m back.
How would all feel about the DCUI app letting users add notes and/or annotations to personally add on any page or panel that only we ourselves can see.for multiple reasons.

I’ve been using the apple pen a lot cuz someone gave me it and I like it. It’s so much easier to jot things down. But I know we all don’t have one, so you use other things or just type.
have you ever wanted to tag or mark a page you want to go back to, or even to make a note so when you come back you won’t be confused. Even add notes to help you make sense of a long , long saga that you keep having to use wiki or go back back to a certain number comic?

Another feature can be make like a small annotations box and add a color that means something to you so you don’t have to write or type, and you’ll remember when you see it. One example will be a small red box on a certain panel that may have clues you’re trying to figure out. Or just keep track of a certain character you love and when they shows up. The possibilities are endless and I’m sure other people will find better ways to use this than me.

most importantly these notes MUST have a toggle switch so people can hide their notes and enjoy the comic without all the mess. Also they should stand out somehow so we know it’s not part of the comic.

so users what do you think? Also DC is this even at all possible? Please say yes

3 Likes