Marvel “Pausing” Books - Is DC?

DC plans to start shipping 4/28/20. Yeah!

4 Likes

I like that the first week seems to be a sort of “soft open” with mostly reprints shipping. Seems smart for some reason.

4 Likes

It’s a good test- see if the format works before risking any new material on it, I’d imagine.

1 Like

My 2 cents…seems like I’m always reading comics that are at least 20 years old. I’m trying to dive deeper into more new stuff.

I was reading a digital comic the other day and there was a part where someone was underground with a flashlight. I noticed that the flashlight was glowing for real. It’s awesome.

I prefer new comics inDigital form. I am pretty easy to please when it comes to comics. But I can’t think of a single ongoing series right now that it would break my heart if it was discontinued, or went to digital.
Maybe I’m getting old and things are less exciting to me. Ya know…cliffhangers don’t have the same effect. There’s nothing I can’t wait a while to read. If it ends so be it.

I’m on comic book overload too right now. There’s just so much to choose from that I’m jumping all over the place. My cup runneth over.

There will always be new comics. New stories. And the comic shops will open and the racks will overflow with new issues. Things are on hold for a while that’s all it is

4 Likes

Same. I’ve read Azrael (totally love it and hate I didn’t read it before) and The Outsiders (80’s run). Although I read new stuff, I can think of only a handful of titles printed in the past decade that I’ve enjoyed as much as these two old titles.

P.S. read during social distancing.

3 Likes

Highly recommend Gotham Central if you haven’t read it. I wish they’d bring this series back. So amazingly written. I just reread this whole series last week. It’s definitely my favorite series of all time. I own all of the issues too, but hadn’t sat down to read them in a while and now that I have the app I don’t have to unbag and rebag after each issue. I never thought I’d like reading from the app, but it has grown on me. Never gonna stop buying comic books though.

5 Likes