Making WONDER WOMAN:BLOODLINES

Suffering Sappho! Villainy Inc is targeting Themyscira and its up to Wonder Woman to protect her home. If you haven’t caught it yet, check out the action in Wonder Woman: Bloodlines , the latest DC animated original feature. It takes more than an island of Amazons to make a movie this special, and we recently had a chance to chat with producer and co-director Sam Liu, executive producer James Tucker, screenwriter Mairghread Scott, and co-director Justin Copeland about their role in putting the film together.

Check out what they had to say in today’s News article!

What Wonder Woman storyline would you like to see adapted in animation? Tell us below!

4 Likes

It’s admittedly a really hard sell, especially with the new movies settling on a New-52-ish aesthetic (and some highly suspect racial politics in the original material), but a lot of the 1968-1973 powerless Diana Prince run would make for a pretty amazing movie.

1 Like

I’d love to see The Circle, Gods & Mortals, Paradise Lost, Challenge of the Gods & if it was possible, Amazons Attack would be my choice.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the Legend of Wonder Woman miniseries, and I’d love to see Batman '66 meets Wonder Woman '77 or the Hiketeia animated.

1 Like

I have yet to read Hiketeia. Absolutely cannot wait. It’s a store away for me. I tend to read a lot & very fast. I’m saving that one, so I know I have something to look forward to in the future.

1 Like

You won’t be disappointed, @capo-mage. :ok_hand:t3: Greg Rucka is the best WW writer…in my little world anyway.

3 Likes

I love Rucka. He wrote my favorite non crossover WW storyline. The Eyes Of The Gorgon. Himself, Gail Simone, & quite a few others, are just barely off my top 5 writers list. Honorable mention every time tho.

1 Like

To Eyes of the Gorgon. Saluti!
And to you for being able to settle/maintain a top 5! I gave up on that. It’s too hard. lol

2 Likes

Cent anni. I agree 100% on the top 5 thing. The only certainty that will never change is Jack Kirby will always make that list.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Jack Kirby is a hall of fame. :100: George Perez too. :thinking:??

2 Likes

Pere’z is most definitely always in there. If u researched? You will find him in that list as many times as it’s been asked on here. I’ve got him in every one.

1 Like

I’ll go have a look! I’m sure there’s a million discussions I’ve missed. I never know if it’s bad-form to drudge up an old topic tho??

Anyway, I concur on ‘Paradise Lost’ as well. Would make for an awesome WW animated film. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

There’s so many from WW I could go all day. That ones definitely a keeper for me tho. I thought of about 20 more as soon as I finished posting that lol.

1 Like

Make them all. She ready!

4 Likes

Love that JLU episode & moment/interaction with Farraday.

2 Likes

I really liked all of Scott’s answers… after seeing this I’d have liked to see her take on the comics. I think exploring Diana’s rogues and friends is definitely important and helps connect readers as well as expand her corner of the DCU.

The Circle.

Simones run on the book was my favorite, but Rucka and Perez can do no wrong as well.

Bloodlines was great, in no part because they let some villains outside of Ares and Cheetah get the spotlight.

1 Like

My favorite Wonder Woman JLU moment is the Annihilator episode, where she realizes what it’s weakness is.

1 Like

Just not attacking it, yep. I’m a fan.

1 Like

Although its pretty new, I adored ‘The Lies’ Rebirth arc. Really dug the interpretation and look of Cheetah. Wonder Woman: Earth One would be great too. Grant Morrison is usually pretty wild, but he’s fairly restrained in that book.