Make a Marvel vs DC fighting game

Netherrealm or capcom should make a Marvel vs DC fighting game. What should the stroy be? Which characters should be in it? DLC ideas? Suggest your ideas here

4 Likes

The most popular characters should be in it.

Marvel: Wolverine, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Magneto, SpiderMan, Thanos, and more

DC: Founding 7, All robins, Joker, Brainiac, Teen Titans members, Metalo, Parasite, Cheetah, Penguin, Firefly, ClayFace, Bane, and more

3 Likes

Eh we kinda had that already and it was pretty bad. The DC vs MK game did poorly and everyone I know hated it. That being said, I like the concept of a Marvel vs DC but I perceive licensing being a big issue.

1 Like

It was only bad because it watered down MK and so it didn’t fit well. NetherRealm improved their DC games with the Injustice games.

A DC vs Marvel by them or Capcom would be very different and shouldn’t really be compared to DC vs MK just because it was a crossover

2 Likes

Ed Boon has already spoken to Marvel about potentially collaborating in making a Marvel vs. DC game. He can’t share any details but the cogs are turning.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/marvel/280276/marvel-vs-dc-game

2 Likes

@Redd_X imagine if they actually made one. That would be the best thing ever

2 Likes

@Mr.Mcninjaguy if done correctly, you’re absolutely right.

1 Like

If WB & Disney could work together, they’d make a lot of money from this. A lot of money.

4 Likes

I remember that article about Ed Boon. I think he was referring more to a Marvel fighting game than a Marvel vs. DC fighting game. Personally, I think DC and Marvel should stay as far away from each other as possible and I’m only saying that because I have a DEEP hatred for Marvel.

This would have been amazing years ago, but now that Disney owns Marvel chances are it wouldn’t be the game fans want to see. Disney is very strict with its licenses and will interfere with the production of the game because they have to micromanage everything.

For example, with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite no Fox owned characters were allowed, characters had to promote the movies or TV shows, Marvel character models had to look better than the Capcom ones, and promotional materials weren’t allowed to show Marvel characters being beat up and defeated by Capcom characters.

Even with Disney Infinity which was published by Disney Interactive Studios, you couldn’t mix and match characters in story mode levels. So Buzz Lightyear and Star Lord couldn’t team up with Luke to fight Darth Vader in the Rise Against the Empire level. You couldn’t even use Spider-Man in the Guardians of the Galaxy level even though they were both Marvel. Supposedly it was due to licensing issues but most likely it was due to an order from corporate higher ups to maintain the integrity of each IP.

@Tayiokun then you could beat up marvel characters with DC characters if that game ever happens

1 Like

An adaption of the mini-series DC vs. Marvel.

“DC vs. Marvel Comics (issues #2–3 titled Marvel Comics vs. DC) was a comic book limited series crossover published by DC Comics and Marvel Comics from April to May 1996. The series was written by Ron Marz and Peter David, with art by Dan Jurgens and Claudio Castellini.” -Wikipedia

250px-DC_Versus_Marvel_1.jpg

2 Likes

@portalman that could be a good story

1 Like