Make a Batman Movie Pitch

So want more Batman movies and I would really love to create one and be a filmmaker and make not just money, but entertainment. So I want you to tell me what pitch for a Batman moves you would have in mind. You have multiple pitches but each in a separate comic or all in one.

2 Likes

I would like to see a more accurate cinematic representation of Ra’s Al Ghul and Talia. Tonally, I think the movie would need to land somewhere within the Returns-Forever spectrum, where it’s just silly enough to get away with magic life-extending pools and shirtless swashbuckling without fully devolving into self-parody. The original O’Neil stories, Barr’s Demon duology, and Morrison’s Batman & Son would be the places to look for inspiration. And if we’re taking ideas from that last story in particular, it might be worth looking at the original Robbins Man-Bat stories for ideas, too.

3 Likes

I’m thinking animated because I love DC animated movies. It takes place one night in Gotham. It is raining as Batman seeks a serial killer who has abducted a teenager. As Batman moves through the city he is is forced to deal with situations he comes across, a carjacking, Joker taking a restaurant filled with people hostage, Two Face hijacking an armored car, a mugging, two of Penguins guys about to dump a man with his feet in concrete into the river. We could have Catwoman help him near the end.

2 Likes

My “realistic” answer would be “Under the Red Hood.” My “they’ll never make this and if they did the fan backlash would be immense” answer?

“Death of the Joker”

No, really. Open the movie with the Joker already dead. Not a prank, not a trap, not a decoy, etc etc. It’s really him, and he’s really dead, and now Batman, being Batman, has to figure out who did the deed. Play up the “Batman as a detective angle” for a change and have him navigate Gotham’s seedy underworld for clues, interrogating villains, friends, and even members of the GCPD to find the culprit, all the while struggling with the morality of should he be trying to catch the culprit at all.

3 Likes

A mystery-thriller where Batman has to find who has been killing retired local celebrities around Gotham.

This allows for Clayface to finally get his big screen dues. He can change into any number of people to throw Batman off his tracks.

Toss a bit more meat onto the story bones, throw in some action scenes and write the mystery in a way that intrigues the audience just as much as it perplexes Batman, and you’ve a winner.

2 Likes

Cornelius Stirk could fit the shape shifting thing as well and he’s an underrated villain. By tClay Fave would work better in my head since I imaging or like a Noir-Horror film based on John Carpenter’s The Thing.

1 Like

I’d like to see something a bit closer to the Englehart/Rogers Run. Something with Doctor Phospherous. Boss Thorne, Hugo Strange, Penguin, Deadshot and Finally, Joker! Maybe a Trilogy that tackles each situation.
includes stuff like Batman being subjected to serious injuries psycho doctors, and being outlawed,
Have a Woman like Silver St Cloud who figures out Bruce not because he says something of hers back to her, but because she sees through his disguise (Despite what everyone says about the Green Lantern Movie in general, I actually liked the part that Carol recognized Hal just like that!)
Include Robin!
Show him as having been Batman’s partner for years and have him be a competent detective on his own.

2 Likes

NML

Imagine a Batman movie where you he is in a completely different terrain than the ones we have seen him in before! Imagine a Batman movie where Harley Quinn is first introduced! Imagine a Batman movie where he doesn’t spend the whole movie trying to find the villain but instead spends the whole movie fighting a whole city of villains! Imagine a Batman movie that can focus on a new story instead of explaining the origin of some famous villain all over again. Imagine a Batman movie where Batman fights to save Gotham, not his latest girlfriend.

Imagine the greatest Batman story on the big screen!

Now you may think that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one! I hope some day you’ll join us! And the world will live as one!

1 Like

I have always wanted to see a Batman movie set in the Golden Age. I have no ideas for a plot, but it should use his rogue’s gallery as it was in the Golden Age.

3 Likes

Fast forward to the future, Bruce has retired and Damian takes up the Mantle

1 Like

Oh, if only WB were willing to blow money on a Dirigible of Doom movie, I’d be there on Day 1.

3 Likes

That would be cool! I would definitely be there on opening night.

3 Likes

A Gotham like prequel to Batman following Jim Gordon or a younger Alfred giving us more time with the Waynes, since in most movies they’re not really even characters, they’re just plot devices to make Bruce Batman. Everyone knows that the Waynes get shot after the movies in some alley in Gotham City, so make the audience not want that to happen to them, make the viewers genuinely care about Bruce’s parents. Since the whole killing of his parents still works if its not built up, but if it is, the audience feels the same as Bruce and seeing his growth from that moment will be so much better.

1 Like

This would make a great movie, I never got the feeling that Batman in any of the movies was the “World’s Greatest Detective” and thats like a big part of his character, so it’d be cool to actually see on screen for once.

1 Like

I think one movie would be enough but we probably can’t put all there is in the run but it would be amazing to make something based on that along with the 30’s and 40’s version since we haven’t got a version of that yet on screen, the Dennis O’Neil and Neil Adams since that’s very amazing and important, and the New 52 run by Scott Snyder.

Yah! Hats what every other Batman movie director missed a south this character. Batman is more of a researcher than a detective. I’m glad Matt Reeves is going for a noir style route for Batman.

Speaking of which, what would you want the movie to be called. I have a few suggestions here.

Batman: Dark Victory
We don’t need to base it on the comic with the same name since the MCU did that, like Avengers: Age of Ultron where it isn’t based on the comic with the same name. They could adapt the book as well since it’s just optional for them.

The Caped Crusader
Would sound a little campy but people thought it could have been the name for the 3rd Christopher Nolan movie, and it was The Dark Knight Returns.

Batman Reborn
Another origin story because why not?

Gotham City
Explores the city of Gotham in a way.

Batman Again
It was the title of the fake movie in Teen Titans GO! Movie they watched so it would make sense, wouldn’t it?

Batman Continues
Since this was the third cancelled Batman movie from Tim Burton, we could make it ourselves.

1 Like

My pitch would be this:
It’s summer in Gotham. We’re in a universe where Batman is established and has been for some time. Black Mask and Penguin are the two chief crime lords in Gotham and they’ve gone to war after Black Mask bombed the Iceberg lounge. Batman is forced to go up against two of his formidable adversaries and their respective organizations to prevent escalation. In the course of their war, Penguin and Black Mask impact the lives of notable Gotham citizens like Barbara and Jim Gordan as well Bruce Wayne (I’m thinking Alfred is injured in an attack). How will Batman respond to this boiler situation (literally with the weather…see what I did there)? Make the movie and find out.

1 Like