"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

hey, new user who’s getting back into collecting figures for this stuff. Newest purchases are SHF Battinson and MAFEX Aquaman, and I got Amazing Yamaguchi Supes coming in tomorrow.

glad to be here btw! My goal is to build a “makeshift” JL with 1/12 scale figures. I have some multiverse stuff on preorder too and I can’t wait for this year’s releases like Knightfall Batman and Hush Superman.

17 Likes

Welcome @maxtriescomicsagain. Cool figures.

9 Likes

Very cool! Welcome to DCUI @maxtriescomicsagain! :smiley:

10 Likes

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

8 Likes

Welcome to the DCU! Love that SHF Batman

9 Likes

Thanks! And yeah it’s a really underrated figure in my opinion, so much fun to pose with that cape.

9 Likes

Welcome to the community @maxtriescomicsagain! :wave: Thanks for sharing - that MAFEX Aquaman is especially cool.

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

10 Likes

Welcome to the community @maxtriescomicsagain! These are awesome figures. I look forward to seeing more of your collection in the future.

9 Likes

Thank you, and you as well @Shayera.Hol!

Amazing Yamaguchi Superman came in today and he’s a 10/10.

16 Likes

Very cool, especially the Supermag. What’s the price on it, if you don’t mind my asking?

Magazines are ridiculously expensive now (which happens when the readership and on-shelf presence of print magazines is as low as it currently is, unfortunately), but I’ll shell out the coin for my fav’rit.

Thank you, pard!

The IRS sent me a li’l sum-summin’ in the last couple weeks. It was very nice of them to help pay for some of my forthcoming schtuff. :wink:

It probably goes without saying, but Supergirl is my most-anticipated of the wave.

Sure, the likeness is…off a smidge, but that doesn’t mean the figure won’t be worthwhile. Plenty of good figures in the action figure ecosphere (DC or otherwise) that have off likenesses and are still tons of fun.

Quite likely. I guess the complainers will have to complain about something else, should that be the case (“Her cape is the wrong shade of red! Someone alert the Daily Planet!”).

@AK_Bandit Very cool and as Marty McFly once said, “Ooh-la-la!”

Very cool!

I first came across those in December of last year and after having seen them at only one store (albeit in large quantities), I started to wonder if they’d ever resurface.

Two days ago, I got my answer because I found them at a different Walmart and once again, the whole set was there in abundance.

Turning Around GIF by HBO Max

Very cool that its finally seeing the light of day and that you got it, mon frère.

After nearly two years of waiting, that’s disappointing. Makes me glad I decided to pass on it.

Oh, well. At least we have the HD Fleischer shorts coming in May, and we know those will debut as scheduled. :superman_hv_4:

sits back and thinks, as a David Letterman-style flashback begins

Let’s see, what would one of my anti-climactic moments of the last 35 years of collecting be?

Hmm…

Getting all of the series 1 Batman & Robin figures at Kay-Bee weeks before the movie debuted in theaters, only to be disappointed in the movie upon seeing it on opening night?

Nah! I actually liked B&R until 2000 or so. Even though I ultimately came to see the movie as a train wreck, its still a tremendously fun train wreck.

What’s another contender for an anti-climactic collecting moment? :thinking:

The Mammoth wave of Mattel’s Multiverse line, a wave that would have included Rebirth Black Canary, modern Hawkgirl and, among others, Flashpoint Aquaman along with a Collect to Connect figure of Mammoth (who had previously never had a figure by Mattel) get cancelled, in the wake of the DC license going to Spin Master and McFarlane Toys?

No, but that was disappointing.

snaps fingers and says “Eureka, I’ve got it!”

The most anti-climactic moments of collecting for me in the last 35 years are:

• Helen’s figure in Kenner’s Waterworld line being cancelled.
  • An ***hole Toys R Us employee literally and very rudely taking a Star Wars figure out of my hands in early 2000.
  • Hasbro’s 3.75" Indiana Jones line ending prematurely in late 2008.

What? I can mention non-DC stuff, because Rao knows I (and my parents, back before I was old enough to work) bought enough of it in the last three and a half decades. :wink:

6 Likes

Schtuff for this week:

McFarlane Store

Not in-hand yet, but on the way:

• Jay Garrick Flash
  • Superboy
  • Page Punchers Supergirl
  • Page Punchers Dr. Fate
  • Infinite Frontier Joker
  • Gladiator Batman
  • FOTG Wonder Woman

I saw the FOTG Wonder Woman at Walmart a couple days ago and of course, that was after I ordered her Monday afternoon.

I was tempted to pick her up as an opener, since I’m likely keeping the McFarlane Store piece in-box, but I held off and left it for the next collector instead.

Remember: Always keep your fellow collectors in-mind and help them out when possible. :superman_hv_4:

Gamestop #1

Gamestop #2

I was going to hold off on that statue (“Yeah, statue.” as Ralphie Parker was wont to say) until I had Kalibak and Fulcum Abominus.

However…seeing that he was sold-out at the McFarlane Store, the likelihood of Walmart or Target carrying him is slim (they’re welcome to prove me wrong) and that while Amazon was an option, Gamestop is ultimately who had him in-person. So, I decided to get him there.

Target

The above are from the E case of basic Hot Wheels. I saw them aplenty at each of the Targets I went to this week.

Yeah, not DC. However, the 'Member Berries kicked in hard when I saw Luke on the pegs. Plus, Mark Hamill has enough history with DC to where I’ll toss him in here, anyway.

The original Kenner Jedi Luke from '83 is my all-time favorite Luke Skywalker figure in general, my all-time favorite Jedi Luke figure, my favorite Luke in the vintage Kenner collection and my childhood go-to Luke. Mine never had his cloak or blaster, as I got him loose and mostly incomplete (he did have his lightsaber) at a garage sale in 1991.

Issues I have with the Retro Star Wars line aside, to get a mint Kenner Jedi Luke on-card and at only $11.99 was an easy pick-up.

Gamestop #2 had the Retro Biker Scout, which was tempting, but I held off for now.

Leia in her Boushh disguise is another Retro Jedi figure of potential interest, as my vintage Boushh Leia was, like Jedi Luke, a garage sale purchase in 1991 that was mostly incomplete (she had her staff, but the helmet was missing) and she was among my favorite of the vintage Kenner Leias.

I haven’t bought 3.75" SW for myself since…early 2008. Felt good to pick up something new…that’s a refresh of something old. All hail nostalgia. :slight_smile:

Amazon

Not yet in-hand, but on the way:

I’m jonesing for Namek’s latest figure, as he looks good.

14 Likes

Very noice

8 Likes

Thank you kindly, fellow last son of an extinguished alien species that also calls Earth home. :raised_hands:t2:

7 Likes

The Superman magazine is $13.99. So yeah a bit pricey.:sweat_smile:

Anywho back on topic picked up my stack o comics & graphic novels this week. Lots of neat DC titles out, ecspecially enjoyed the new Flash & Superman books!

15 Likes

I like the Batman statue! Was this close to ordering one, but decided to hold out. I kinda prefer the evolution of that batsuit in gray and black instead of gray and blue. I see blue, I want the yellow oval symbol. Every collector has their eccentricities, I guess. Nice get though. Happy to see you dabble in statues :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

TITANS!

Now i just need to figure out where i want them on the shelf.

17 Likes

Good haul! I’m really enjoying Tini Howard’s run writing Catwoman.

7 Likes

It’s a great statue in my opinion. One of my favorites

7 Likes

:+1:

8 Likes

Good Schtuff Super Cool @Vroom. :smiley:

Cool!

Nice! I just got my Rae Rae(s) and Donna figures. Will post them later. :00_teen_titans:

8 Likes