"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

OK now I’m done buying comics…for a little while

16 Likes

Looking at the Harley Quinn cover, it makes me wonder how many times is that poor bastard is going to be tied up to a chair and beaten?

8 Likes

At WallyWorld, picked up the whole set of 5:

And got this coffee cup:

15 Likes

Found this Superman puzzle box at a Renn Faire yesterday-

18 Likes

That is so cool! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

That is a beautiful piece and it is really cool!

9 Likes

That’s a cool one!

I always liked puzzles growing up as a kid. My first puzzle like that box was of a wooden fish (I liked fishing) that my mom gave me when I was about 6 or 7 and when I opened it up she had a $5 bill and said “I love you”. Since then I always put in these souvenir coins from family trips to theme parks, museums, etc. I think it great how these small kind of things can have such great meaning to some people.

7 Likes

Summoned any fifth-dimension cenobites with that?

7 Likes

I started to believe Superman would never join the Mezco League. Tried a few configurations because the case is a tight fit and landed on Darkseid in the center.
It’s a good classic Superman but kind of looks “plain” next to the textured and stylized costumes of the others.

18 Likes

Welcome back to the community! Loooving that Dr Fate in the back :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Order placed April 2021. Received today. Yeah it was a pre-order, but… man!

Mezco 5 Points Superman: The Mechanical Monsters Deluxe Boxed Set (boy that’s a mouthful).

• The little phone booth has a rotating base inside so Clark can “transform” into Superman. I like that feature.
  • The diorama piece is made of cardboard. Seems durable, if handled gently. It has another side showing the mad scientist’s lair from the old cartoon. Nice artwork.
  • There’s some accessories. Alternate arms with open palms for Supes, helicopter mode pieces for the robot, and a couple of notepads.

It’s a nice set, but quite honestly, not worth the wait. The paint apps and face sculpt on Supes could be better, compared to other Mezco pieces I have. I know, different line from One: 12 Collective. Still a general “whelmed” feeling.

17 Likes

Ah yes! When Supe’s did everything with his eye closed lol

It’s a nice set when first looking at it. But seeing what you said about the diorama material, I can immediately see myself falling onto it or knocking it over, breaking.

7 Likes

Yeah, when first looking at it. Having paid over $100 shipped, and waited 2 years, this is the most anti-climactic feeling I’ve had as a collector. Believe me, that wasn’t easy for me to admit, being the Superman fan that I am.

8 Likes

It has a telephone booth and everything! Nice haha

8 Likes

That is probably my favorite “feature”. I may end up displaying just the phone booth with Supes & Clark inside and Lois standing outside, and tinker with the “transformation” every now & then.

8 Likes

Ngl, I would’ve cancelled after 9 months :laughing:

I felt that.

8 Likes

I’m still awaiting pre-orders from Big Apple Collectibles and Pop Citi (Feb and Jul 2021). Big Apple at least sends a form e-mail each time saying they are not monitoring their e-mails. Pop Citi can’t even do that much.

That money is pretty much lost at this point. Do not use these companies!

7 Likes

Wow! While I was away everyone got sooo many cool things. Good stuff! :smiley: :+1:

9 Likes

This thread always inspires me to expand my collection. Everyone here finds the most amazing stuff!

11 Likes

Those look awesome!

8 Likes