"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

I am still in need of these two myself. I have Raven in my cart currently.

10 Likes

:0_raven: :star: :heart:

10 Likes

Nice pickup! Though I think the rollout of these pops got at least a little mixed up because Target’s website is saying they’re all supposed to release in the next week or so, and yet they’re clearly already on store shelves and available to buy :thinking:

9 Likes

Thank you.

Agreed, as the availability of certain characters looks to vary by region ATM.

In YouTube toy hunt videos, Aquaman is seen in good numbers in certain parts of the east coast, yet on the west coast, he’s currently MIA.

However Target wants to release 'em, I’ll buy 'em, so I guess from Funko’s standpoint, all is well. :grin:

7 Likes

Funko Sodas! Yay! :+1: Diggin’ that Dr. Fate. :smiley: Spiffy Diana Pop as well.

9 Likes

Speaking of Funko Sodas, I’d love to see Bibbo get a release in a specially-marked Soder can.

Its only fitting, after all.

Sweet WW pick-up, @hotstufflouieb! She looks great!

8 Likes

A special thank you to @AK_Bandit for the heads-up on the below set in the Pop thread, as I found it at Walmart last night (Friday):

A special thank you to @DreamingGirlWonder for the heads-up on the new Raven Pop in this thread, as she arrived this morning:

16 Likes

:man_dancing:t2: Saturday Night Pop Fever™ :man_dancing:t2:

Target

Gamestop

I am done with Pops for the rest of this year. :smile:

After Target and Gamestop, I moseyed by an indie movies, music and more joint to sell assorted odds and ends I didn’t want anymore (Goodbye, Kyler Murray Pop. :laughing:).

With the store credit I got from said odds and ends, I yoinked these:

The above has a pretty solid list of writing talent, as seen below:

'Twas a Saturday Night Fever™ of Pops and good reads, and I celebrated as follows:

15 Likes

Love the stuffs Super Cool @Vroom. :smiley:

8 Likes

Thank ya kindly, Spiffy @DC89. :raised_hands:t2:

6 Likes

Made a few figures

Brainiac

Medusa

Ma’alefa’ak

14 Likes

Very schway, especially Brainiac. :+1:t2:

Was Medusa’s head custom-made, or is it from elsewhere?

8 Likes

It was, but not by me. I found someone who 3d printed exactly what I was looking for.

9 Likes

Cool Funko Sodas!

I have a small collection of them as well.

13 Likes

This is all really cool.

What’s Superman Transformed and The Further Adventures of Superman? I’m guessing the former collects some Superman Blue issues?

I took the plunge and ordered all 7 JL Pops from Target. Got Diana, GL on the way, and the rest have yet to ship. Excited to display these together. I’m not normally a Pops guy, but Funko has been doing cool stuff of late.

8 Likes

Superman & Flash Statue from McFarlane’s DC Direct line arrived today. The sculpt, detail, and paint apps on this piece are fantastic. Gamestop had it at a %55 discount so I could not pass it up. Just an awesome piece. Before even receiving it, I already predicted this would be one of my favorite 2022 acquisitions in @Vroom’s thread here, and it didn’t disappoint.

Overall pic of that shelf:

15 Likes

:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Nice pick-up! :ok_hand:t2:

I saw that Gamestop had that as part of their clearance. A tempting piece, for sure.

Speaking of DC goodies found in Gamestop’s clearance sale, I’ve been looking for this:

Someone at another forum found her for around $30 or so. For that price, I’d snatch her up in a heartbeat.

10 Likes

Merry Xmas to my 5yo, who loves all things lego, all things Batman, and anything from Santa. :christmas_tree:

13 Likes

Thanks, pard. :cowboy_hat_face:

You’re guess is spot-on.

Superman: Transformed features the initial story where Clark gets the electrical powers and the blue and white containment suit.

Until Superman Blue volume 1 came out, Superman: Transformed was the only trade release of anything from Superman Blue.

I actually had that trade years and years ago, but I sold it a few years back.

Being that 2022 was the 25th anniversary of Superman Blue, I got nostalgic when I came across that trade on Saturday, and decided to snag it again.

The Further Adventures of Superman is an anthology prose novel from 1993. I wasn’t aware of it until this past Saturday.

After I flipped through it and liked what I read, I decided to add it to my Stack o’ Schtuff™. So far, its a solid read.

The one thing that surprised me in my Saturday literary finds was the sealed copy of Superman #75. It was only $4.99!

I have open and bagged copies of that book already, but for only $5 (especially since store credit covered it), I thought “Great Rao, why not?” and added it to my Stack o’ Schtuff™.

They look awesome all lined-up. I hope Funko taps the Morrison JLA vein a few more times in 2023, especially with regards to Rock of Ages.

Aww, what a nice gift for your 5 YO. I hope it provides many a special Christmas memory for them. :hugs:

7 Likes