"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Very cool stuff, Spiffy @DC89!

I especially like the DC Direct googahs, the JLA Batman (I remember snagging that one at Kay-Bee when I was in my teens, along with the Tim Drake Robin from the Young Justice subset of the line) and Imaginext Batgirl.

Also digging the DC Encyclopedia. DK’s resource books are absolutely beautiful, and then some.

The Hallmark Keaton Batman is nice, too. Good thing a certain someone pointed that out a while back. :wink:

Saved the best for last, because any collection with Kenner/Hasbro goodies in it is a collection and then some. :slight_smile: I’m very curious to see what you’ll pick up for TJ/JLA (any of the 4 box sets pique your interest at this point?).

7 Likes

I had a Christmas get-together with a business acquaintance last night (Yes, its wicked-early, but they’ll be out of the country for the rest of the month/year, so it was now or never), and they graciously got me the following goodies:

Yep, another Spin Master Justice League box! Third time’s the charm? :man_shrugging:t2: :laughing:

I explained to my business buddy that Walmart had the above on clearance for $5.00, and she said with a chuckle, “Funny enough, that’s how much it was when I bought it. Six figures for five bucks is a steal!”

Anyhow, a super-sweet, early Christmas haul from a super-sweet business associate that is a gift who keeps on giving the whole year 'round. Christmas is off to a good start! :santa:

sits back and begins to ponder what he’ll do with a third Spin Master JL set

14 Likes

Great stuff @DC89! Do you unbox your purchases or are you a mint in box gal?

7 Likes

Very cool book collection here @TravisMorgan. :smiley: :+1:

Thank you Sir! :hugs:

I’d say about 90% of it will be unboxed when I finally get my display up. The other 10% just looks so good in the box that I don’t want to open. That Kate and Betty silver age set for example will most likely be staying boxed. :+1:

8 Likes

If only Lego had made more DC sets than just this in 2022, but still a great gift! :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Thank you my most Excellent friend! :smiley: :hugs: So very glad you’re back. :purple_heart: :relieved:

Penny! :heart_eyes: :smile_cat:

7 Likes

Good haul!

Spiffy Supes! :+1: :00_superman1:

Eagly! :purple_heart: :eagle:

8 Likes

IKR?

Their output for The Batman was nifty, but where was the love for League of Super-Pets and/or Black Adam? :man_shrugging:t2:

With Shazam!: Fury of the Gods, The Flash, Blue Beetle and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom out next year, I would certainly hope Lego has product in-development for those launches.

If not, they may as well let Mega Bloks have the license, which wouldn’t really be that bad of a thing, in all honesty. Their mini-figures outshine Lego by a mile, articulation, detail and accessory-wise.

Plus, Mega Bloks actually sells figures on their own, which is nice and they’ve done adult properties like Aliens, Predator and Terminator.

sits back and imagines Vertigo figures from Mega Bloks

Oh, yes. That would be sweet.

9 Likes

:laughing:

Fantastic! :+1:

8 Likes

This is a cool Lego set tho. :+1:

9 Likes

I’m convinced we didn’t get any BA sets because Lego didn’t think Adam and the JSA were popular enough to warrant any, and his anti-hero status could’ve played into that as well. The popularity factor may have been the same for Super-Pets. It just seems like they have no interest in making DC sets other than Batman-related ones at this point, which is just a shame

Considering it’s a few months away and was originally supposed to come out this month, I feel like we would’ve heard something about any sets for the movie by this point. Plus the first movie didn’t get anything so I can’t exactly say I’m optimistic

7 Likes

Thank you. It was the only regularly released, non-Platinum Edition, McFarlane Superman I didn’t have.

When crafting a list of wants for my business buddy back in November, I figured “What the heck, the 7-inch Page Punchers Superman would be neat.”

YouTube toy reviewers piss and moan about his allegedly oversized hands, but to them I do what I do with most YouTube toy reviewers: Scoff, shake my head and chuckle, then roll my eyes and move onto the next alleged “expert” video.

I saw him at Target a week and change back, and almost bought him, but I held off.

Not because he was on my list, but because I had other collecting priorities that out-prioritized him.

He and Vigilante were the only Peacemaker Pops I wanted, so I’m glad to be set on them.

I just hope we get another round of Peacemaker Pops when season 2 pops (yes, pun intended). I could go for Economos, Adebayo and sighs, happily :heart: Harcourt :heart:.

Indeed. I haven’t put it together yet, but I’m looking forward to it. The Harley is ridiculously cute.

6 Likes

A shame, indeed.

I mean, Batman was their sole Lego focus for years, back when they first launched DC Lego in what, 2007? It was nice to get other franchises though, as their tenure with the brand expanded.

Once more, a missed opportunity.

I guess when you’re the biggest toy company in the world, you can look at opportunities to make bank and say “Eh, no thanks. We have enough money.”

One more reason why I’m kinda-sorta hoping the DC license goes over to Mega Bloks (or Mega, or whatever their current nom-de-plume is, now). They pump out the product and then some, especially for lesser-known and obscure stuff (they made Futurama figures for Rao’s sake).

6 Likes

So I got B-Man and now all I need is Kyle, Wally, Long Hair Supes, Zauriel, and Hawkman. Looked for Wonder Woman in the JLA series but couldn’t find her (maybe she’s in Total Justice? :thinking:)

Thank Mr. @biff_pow! :smiley: :hugs: It just seemed like a solid idea. I had put off buying the majority of the JL stuff until I could figure out how it should look on display. I’m thinking it’ll look snazzy if I stick with the '97 JLA look all the way through.

This is what happens inside my soul every time I remember that HE IS returning:

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1992: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1992:

Thank you @SteveTrevor2.0!:smiley: :hugs:

I haven’t set up anything yet- everything I’ve been buying lately get’s either put into a clear storage container or UPS’d down to LittleSis89’s place. The only thing I really have now is two short boxes with comics. The primary stuff is all down south.

9 Likes

Agreed @arkhamassassin. Were in an excessively abundant B-Man cycle in the toys space right now.

6 Likes

Two options:

From Superman: Man of Steel:

From Total Justice:

Between the two, I’d go for the Power Flight Superman (@moro would likely agree). Its the better sculpt and while the action feature hinders his arms’ poseability, if you’re just going to look at him on the shelf and say “Super, man!”, that’s a non-issue.

Besides his TJ and series 1 JLA release, Kyle was also in one of the JLA box sets, and he came in this two-pack with Dr. Polaris, released as online exclusive in 1999 alongside a two-pack of the Ted Kord Blue Beetle and The Flash (which included a mini-Atom figure as well):

Nada, as Huntress was the only female in Total Justice, unfortunately.

Diana’s from the final wave of JLA, when the line went from being a Kay-Bee exclusive to a Toys R Us exclusive:

We have been since 1989. Batman makes bank.

10 Likes

Holy moley she does exist!

:smiley: :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Thx for the heads up Super Cool @Vroom. :smiley:

8 Likes

Great minds! I just posted that, and used the exact picture. :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

SN: She was also highlighted here. :wink:

But of course! I’m always happy to help. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, I love that Lego Batman/Batcycle kit!

7 Likes

x2198shf

8 Likes