"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Fantastic! :00_robin:

6 Likes

Goood stuff here @c02goddess.16092. :smiley: :00_batgirl1: :0_nightwing:

6 Likes

thank you, and it is. my mother may be a tad disappointed in me for spending half my money on a kids toy older than i am and idc because it’s curing my depression. :00_robin: :00_red_robin: :renegade_robins:

7 Likes

Just got the Mafex Azbats (and rearranged the cases). I wasn’t going to pay full price for it but noticed I had some credit from Sideshow so got him for around $60. If I was under oath I think I would have to say I think the costume is absurd but Knightfall was one of the first crossovers I followed and nostalgia is a powerful lure. Costume comments aside, I think it’s a good figure and the colors are very nice. Not as fragile as some other Mafex but I still handled it like I was playing Operation.

I also rearranged and downsized the Mezco display. The old one was bulky and I started feeling negatively about the space but now it takes up less room. I think eventually I’m selling a few of them but for now it’s good. And Moon Knight has nowhere else to go so he stands behind his DC inspiration.

And in Look What I DIDN’T Get news, I was at Walmart and skipped Super Powers Bats, Supes, Darkseid, and GL. It’s kind of crazy that I wouldn’t get them but I’m in a “do I really want it?” mindset.

11 Likes

Very schway gets, mon frere!

I was this close to ordering Atom when I ordered Hush Superman (as The Atom is my most-anticipated of that wave), but I said “Nah, I’ll wait until his wave hits physical retail and/or Amazon.” and held off.

I like your Superman kitbashes! I still haven’t done one of my own, but its on my customs to-do list, for sure.

Thank you kindly, Dynamic @DC89.

Say, did you open your Batgirl? Asking to compare and contrast accessories. As I said a few posts back, mine came with a gold sword and Batarang, and a green grapple gun with “Ha! Ha! Ha!” written on it in red.

The accessories (especially the colors of them) can vary with Spin Master’s 4-inch Heroes Unite and Batman figures, so just curious.

You caught the Kenner bug, woohoo! :partying_face:

hands a “Team Kenner” badge to @basicallytimdrake

Did you nab Crime Fighter Robin loose (open), on-card (seen below) or did you snag one of the Toys R Us sets he was reissued in?

I snagged mine when I was in high school (Tim was a new release then, you see :smiley:), and he’s on my TNBA shelf as we speak.

Speaking of Crime Fighter Robin, here’s the Hasbro-released version of him, repainted as Arctic Blast Robin:

If and when you want more of the DCAU Tim from the Kenner/Hasbro era, the above is your next best spot to check out. :+1:t2:

9 Likes

i grabbed him from a movie resale store
i have no clue what set its from tbh
it has a trademark for 1998

6 Likes

A '98 trademark, you say? Hmm…:thinking:

sits back and thinks to if Tim was released in some way in '98

The original edition came out in '97, while his Mission Masters edition was around 2000, which is circa his Toys R Us 4-pack release (which included the first-ever Alfred figure), too.

Ah, heck with it. :smiley: The important thing is you’ve just taken your first step into a larger world (the Kenner/Hasbro era).

If the mood for more of your dude in plastic should strike, here’s a rad comic-based Tim from Kenner that you might be interested in:

He’s from series 1 of Total Justice, and while he may be 26 years old, he sells on-card for only a few bucks more than what he originally retailed for ($5.99) in '96. 10-15 dollars is the most you should spend for him, on-card.

In the meanwhile, you can check out the Total Justice comic series (paging @millernumber1, it was written by Priest) right here:

Spoiler alert: Tim plays a big part in that mini.

9 Likes

I have to say, the fact that this miniseries is what Priest called “Paycheck comics” DigitalPriest.Com: Paycheck Comics makes me a bit hesitant. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Easy paycheck or not, it was based on a kick-ass Kenner toy line, so its definitely worth one’s time. :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

Very spiffy!

7 Likes

13 Likes

:smile: :+1:

9 Likes

10 Likes

First off, love both your displays.

Second, regarding this statement, and being vaguely familiar with your collecting habits, go back to Walmart and at least get the World’s Finest. If nothing in the line catches your eye later then no harm no foul, you have a couple nice retro figures to display in a corner somewhere.

8 Likes

Thanks. I know what you mean and on the way there I figured I would end up getting them but just didn’t. I say “you’ll want the Trinity eventually so get Bats and Supes now” but I also know how slippery the slope is and I will end up with all of them. I just have too much stuff in storage to keep adding unless I’m thrilled to have it.
Knowing full well that attitude is how I missed some things I now want but oh well.

8 Likes

Ok.
Yesterday was the last day of my vacation.
I decided that since my two closest Walmarts in Howell, and Freehold weren’t seeing any of the Wave 2 figures, I’d try my luck in Tom’s River (It’s about a half hour away) so I go down there and…. No joy! They have a couple of Superman and Batman figures a Darkseid or two and both vehicles but no Green Lanterns Flashes or BWLs. So, I head home.
Today I have work from 4-9 so I have some time after lunch. I decide to do a quick local roundabout and Walmart’s my first stop! There it is! Flash (5 of them! All lined up in the big blue cardboard display.
So I grab one and headed out! (Still no BWLs yet)

13 Likes

That is one cool Flash figure.

6 Likes

My coworker bought a cake for my birthday a few weeks ago. We have a lady who comes into my job that ended up making it.

Also picked to the only Martian Manhunter I’ve come across.

15 Likes

Happy belated Birthday @hotstufflouieb :partying_face: :confetti_ball:Nice haul you got there

8 Likes

Happy Belated Birthday :birthday:.

This is very cool. You have awesome co-workers :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes