"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

All except Super DC Giant. However, all of them are in really great condition, and I got them all at a good price.

7 Likes

That is so cool! I love those 100 Page Giants.

6 Likes

This is really cool :open_mouth:

7 Likes

I have a few more coming and I’ll share those pictures with you as well. Let’s just say I did pretty well with my tax refund.

6 Likes

Just got another one, this one a Super DC Giant of Jerry Lewis. The others coming aren’t giants, but they’re really cool Silver Age issues.

13 Likes

Went comic hunting at a couple Third Eye Comics stores w/ a big sale going on this weekend and got a pretty great haul! These ones were all 25% off:

Half off

From a $1 bin

Not on sale but had to pick up these gems as well

And then I also went to a Books-A-Million for the first time and found some awesome bargain books. I can’t believe they were practically giving away Secret Identity!

18 Likes

That’s a really good deal on Secret Identity! The stores must have really really over ordered for it to be that cheap.

9 Likes

Possibly, though I’m thinking it could also have been a used trade-in. Books-A-Million does sell those and this one did have some wear on it, though it’s still in mostly good condition

7 Likes

That would make more sense. On the subject of cheap comic books, my local comic book store has a big sale every FCBD with half-off graphic novels. The first two years I went, I was confused about how they didn’t seem to have as many graphic novels as I would’ve thought.
A few months back I happened to be looking at their CDs when I noticed they have boxes and boxes and boxes of graphic novels under the CDs, that I had never noticed before.
So I am very much looking forward to that sale this year. :smiley:

8 Likes

Way to go on such a fine haul. It’s always satisfying when you find such great deals on quality stuff.

7 Likes

Got both of my comics today, and they are awesome! Check out these Silver Age beauties (with go-go checks!):

14 Likes

I got a late birthday present this year. It is this 80 years of Robin book. I’ve read a little bit of it but not all of it yet. It’s a neat book! I also got a Batman hoodie, but I don’t have a picture of it.

Next is a late birthday present I got for myself. :rofl: I have been looking for this for a while I just wasn’t sure what form I wanted it in. But I am happy to own all of Sandman in 4 volumes now.

But I have plenty of reading to do now! I’m excited about it, too!

18 Likes

Congrats on a memorable birthday!

10 Likes

14 Likes

This is awesome - I’m jealous!

10 Likes

It also has a very fun Stephanie Brown as Robin story! Hope you dig her! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congrats! Still waiting on Mezco to ship mine. Did you find it worth the wait?

7 Likes

Definitely worth it
Only minor nitpick is I would personally prefer no black outline and a slightly larger \S/ shield but I definitely get the silver age vibe I think they were going for so that’s not really a complaint just a preference

7 Likes

Some pretty awesome extras in here too

12 Likes

15 Likes