"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Sounds good!

Nah, I do it all the time. That collector had the same opportunity you did to buy the item. You do with it what makes you happy as a collector. Otherwise, what’s the point?

11 Likes

Nice gets, Warlord! :superman_hv_4:

Nothing to feel bad about. You’re spending your money on what you want and you have every right to enjoy it however you choose, be it in-package or open and on display.

You’re not depriving anyone of anything, so enjoy your stuff how you want to enjoy it.

After all, you didn’t buy it for the approval of others, you bought it for yourself. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Tip-top Tuesday finds at Target:

Of the few '23 Multiverse figures that have been released so far, I have to agree with @ashleywilbanks that Deadman is the best of the bunch.

13 Likes

Yay! You gonna’ buy 'em all and build Vic?

10 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve been wanting a decent range of Flashpoint figures for years now, as I never bought the Flashpoint two-packs from Mattel’s DC Universe Action League line, and from DC Direct’s Flashpoint line, I only have Wonder Woman.

If the rest are as schway as Aquaman turned out, I think I’m going to be quite happy with the wave, of which I’ll likely place my Flashpoint Batmen with, once the whole shebang is out and Vic’s built.

SN: Getting Flashpoint Aquaman in McFarlane’s Multiverse line feels like redemption (in a way) for how we lost out on him in Mattel’s Multiverse line. His wave there was going to feature modern Hawkgirl, Rebirth Black Canary, Batman: Ninja Joker and a few others, while Mammoth would have been the Collect and Connect figure.

SN 2: I’m 99.99% certain Superman and Wonder Woman will be in the Flashpoint wave, but I can’t quite figure out who would be the other figure of the four.

I’d love to see Lois in her battle armor, but that’s unlikely. Canterbury Cricket would be better-served as a Collect to Build piece, and I really hope we don’t get a reissue of Flashpoint Batman. That said, maybe the other will be…Yo-Yo? I’d certainly like to see her in plastic.

10 Likes

Nice gets! Got the same Aquaman and the new movie Shazam from Target today. Only bought Aquaman (begrudgingly) for the Cyborg piece. I really want Victor on my McFarlane Justice League shelf, and I don’t trust Todd to give is another anytime soon.

9 Likes

I want those for the parts- that Aquaman head to make look like stone and give to my Medusa, and those smoke-like effects from Deadman to give to the Phantasm I’ll make one day.

7 Likes

Picked up a Black Adam, and gave him a cloak

11 Likes

Got this for Christmas. It does have some DC stuff in it. Looks like it will be a fun read.

12 Likes

In addition to that, you could pick up another Arthur head and modify it for Superman, so as to reflect his petrified gaze from “The Riddle of Superman’s Mask”, as found in this prose anthology:

9 Likes

The newest additions to my PinForce pins arrived this weekend.

I’m limiting the pins to Super Friends characters, or “Super Friends adjacent” characters, meaning they’ve either appeared in the cartoon, in the comic series, or on merchandise.

The first pic is the heroes.

We have Robin, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, the Wonder Twins, Atom, Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, El Dorado, Rima the Jungle Girl, Firestorm, Cyborg Green Arrow (season 1 of SF, various comic issues, merch), Batgirl (merch) Plastic Man (season 1 of SF, various comic issues), and Supergirl (comic issue and merch).

13 Likes

and here are the villians.

Lex Luthor, Capt. Cold, Sinestro, Riddler, Black Manta, Toyman, Giganta, Solomon Grundy, Grodd, Cheetah, Time Trapper (various comic issues) and Gentleman Ghost (Season 2 of SF)

14 Likes

So I was feeling a bit Depressed today and went to the antique store in my town to get out for a bit, cuz its a small town and there really are no comics shops, bookstores or anything else other than wal-mart for anything, but I did manged to find this large haul to make me feel better.

thumbnail_IMG950093

I really need to go to more antique shops and pawn shops. :sweat_smile: :nerd_face:

14 Likes

My birthday haul (no time for pictures, as I’m heading out for dinner with the family):

Comics

• Loose Cannon (full 4 issue set)
  • Metropolis S.C.U. (full 4 issue set)
  • S.T.A.R. Corps (full 6 issue set)
  • Superboy: The Comic Book (issues 1-21; just need #22 and The Adventures of Superboy Special to wrap 'er up)

Figures

• Multiverse Nekron
  • Page Punchers Green Lantern
  • Page Punchers Green Arrow

Hot Wheels

• R/C The Batman Batmobile
  • Doomsday character car
  • Superman car with Jim Lee artwork on the sides

Miscellaneous

• cash
  • Spin Master’s 12-inch Superman (reissue in current packaging)
  • Superman and Lois Flying Pop two-pack

Happy Birthday @cellardweller115! :partying_face: I hope you too are having an excellent celebration, fellow member of the 1/15 Club™! :superman_hv_4:

18 Likes

Happy Birthday @cellardweller115 and @Vroom! I hope you both have a great day!

13 Likes

Happy B-Day @Vroom and @cellardweller115 !!

:partying_face: :tada:

13 Likes

I get home from my work conference and BOOM! this sexy thing is waiting for me

16 Likes

Happy birthday @Vroom and @cellardweller115!

12 Likes

Happy birthday @Vroom!!

11 Likes

18 Likes