"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

How did this slip under me? I didn’t even know this fig was a thing lol

5 Likes

Now you know, and…

Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

“Moving on.”

On Sunday, I picked up Captain Sparkle Fingers at Target (color me surprised that their street date was accurate):

I haven’t opened him yet, but he looks pretty shaztastic from what I can make out, so far.

I’m hoping McFarlane has more Fury of the Gods figures on the way, especially Ms. Mirren. :crossed_fingers:t2:

14 Likes

been wanting to read more about Cass, so today I bought Batgirl: A Knight Alone
Batgirl: A Knight Alone Trade 1st Softcover Puckett Scott Turnbull Camp  Davis... | eBay
I know pretty much nothing about it, but it had pretty good reviews online and saw it for a pretty good price and decided to pick it up. looking forward to reading it :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

13 Likes

Good choice, though I do recommend starting at the begining on the app since the vol 1 silent knight tpb is probably out of print and could be hard to track down for a decent price.

Cassandra Cain is still my favorite batgirl. I even picked up the James Jean portfolio since it featured his covers of Batgirl. I framed one of my faves and have it on my wall next to the mattel figure.

13 Likes

I finally used my shiny gift card and I bought:

The Wonder Woman Omnibus by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang. (Photo taken at weird angle to avoid most of the glare.)

I’ve read the first few issues of this but not the full run. So, it is a new read for me. And it looks beautiful! I can’t wait to get some time to read through it.

16 Likes

My fave Wonder Woman run ever. Nice pick up.

10 Likes

Awesome choice! This run always stuck out to me for the fact that Azzarello and Chiang were essentially able to tell a single story over the course of dozens of issues. Really impressive work, so you definitely picked out a good one :+1:

12 Likes

Fantastic pickup. My reading history with Wonder Woman starts with this, and it remains my favorite run so far. Nothing that came after has lived up to Azzarello & Chiang’s work on the character, at least not for me.

11 Likes

Thanks everyone! Good to know I made a good choice!

12 Likes

Excellent choice. Enjoy!

9 Likes

I continue to purchase small lots of JLU figures.

I now have a lovely BTAS display of heroes and villains.

Next, I need to work on a STAS heroes and villains display.

19 Likes

Gave my Bane a new, more back breaky pose :banehappyhqtas:

10 Likes

Spiffy! :smiley:

:+1:

:purple_heart: :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

Very cool!

Your collection is coming along very nicely @TravisMorgan. I’m diggin’ it!

:+1:

I need one of those flying stand thingies so I can get mine in back breaky mode.

15 Likes

I love this! Very nicely done @TravisMorgan :+1:. If you need help finding accessories for your shelves (stands, risers, etc) let me know, and I’ll share what’s worked for me.

Question for ya: When you buy loose lots on ebay, do you obsess over imperfections, or do you just figure “looks good enough for display”? I usually do the former and end up missing out on the auction. Only exception was vintage Super Powers because they’re so exorbitantly expensive.

11 Likes

IKR? Yay @TravisMorgan!

9 Likes

That Huntress and Hawkman are amazing!

8 Likes

My kiddos got me this mug for my birthday :heart:

17 Likes

Melts my heart! :pleading_face: :heart:

10 Likes

Not only is a cool mug, but everything it says is absolutely true!

8 Likes

Thanks @moro, I’ll take you up on the accessories info. I definitely can use some hints. I’ll DM you with some questions.

On the imperfections question, I look a the photos carefully and only bid on items that look good. My problem is not bidding high enough when there are rarer figures in the lot.

Of course, I’m super happy when I snag a real deal. This group of 12 was $40.00 and I’ve seen the Question alone for that price. Price per figure is $3.33 for them all, but seven of them are new to me and the other five are duplicates, so the actual cost is $5.71 per figure which is still a steal.

Is it weird I feel bad if I’m buying something that’s still sealed, because I want to open it? I feel like I’m depriving some collector who likes those sealed items.

12 Likes