"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

What timing! :smiley: I found a fresh case of those last night at Walmart.

For any curious, the packout was:

-Superman x3 (new)
-Metallo x3 (new)
-Batgirl x3 (new)
-Batman Beyond (battle armor, also new, x3)
-Batwing x3
-Batman (blue and gray) x3

I didn’t buy any, since I’m set on what I wanted from the second series, but I wanted to pass along the case packout for those interested.

Anyway!

As for what’s been released in the Imaginext single-packs that bear that style of packaging (as opposed to the bagged single figures from a few years back), the first series was:

-Batman (blue and gray)
-Batwing
-Yellow Lantern Batman
-Apokolips Armor Batman
-Shazam
-Black Adam

Yeah, it can be hit and miss to find accurately up to date info on Imaginext. I’ve often found the latest DC stuff from it by just moseying down the Imaginext aisles at Target and Walmart (and while window shopping at Amazon) and seeing if anything grabs my four eyes.

Anyhow, I mentioned it when I found Superman a few weeks back, but don’t you just dig the cover art on him? Whoever does the packaging design for these knows their stuff, as most of the artwork is in reference to specific comic covers (Superman v2 #204, in Superman’s case).

8 Likes

Sunny (on a cloudy morning) Sunday morning finds at Target:

“The name is Freeze. Learn it well.” :chill:

Overall, this guy’s quite cool. His outfit is a little off in color (it should be gray, however the figure’s is more of a…milky white/green) and yeah, its a bummer he doesn’t have his weapon of choice, but those minor qualms aside, its neat to have a new Otto Preminger Mr. Freeze in the Adam West Batman toy landscape.

For reference, here’s the last OP Mr. F, which was released in Funko’s 4-inch Batman line some years back:

There’s also an Eli Wallach (the third TV Freeze) Mr. F in that line, which was released as a chase piece:

Now, we just need George Sanders (the OG TV Freeze)’ Mr. F, and we’ll have the whole gang in plastic! :partying_face:

Moving on…

“The oceans are mine, and I am their master.”

Found that guy by happy accident. Just for kicks, I looked up assorted McFarlane schtuff on a kiosk by the toy department, and I saw Ocean Master was listed in stock, yet he wasn’t on his marked peg.

So, I jotted the DPCI number for him down, ran it by a friendly employee and bingo, “Dino DNA!”, Ocean Master! For any who’d like to do the same, his DPCI is: 087-16-5245.

Its apropos that @moro brought up Imaginext, as Target also had these:

$9.99 each for a figure and a transforming vehicle ain’t too shabby. I did not buy any of those, but The Flash and Joker did catch my four eyes, so they may be pick-ups at some point down the line.

After Target, I went by a Walmart that, according to Brickseek, had the Multiverse Knightfall Batman but…no dice. I’ve got a bead on a few other stores that may have him, so we’ll see what happens on Tuesday. :slight_smile:

Edit: Forgot to say that while Walmart didn’t have AzBats, they did have a full case of the 7-inch Page Punchers wave 1. The packout is:

-Superman and Batman x2
-Constantine and Black Adam x1

12 Likes

I remember you mentioning the Superman. It’s one of those things where you appreciate it more in hand. It’s the most thoughtful packaging I’ve seen in a while, and yes, the package art that pays homage to comic book covers is a very nice touch.

Nice to see I haven’t missed out on anything I’d want. Wonder Woman would be cool, as would be some more Superman family & villains. I’ll just keep my eyes peeled for your updates!

8 Likes

Words I never thought I would say: That Batman (the first one) looks like Optimus Prime.

7 Likes

He actually does!!! That is hilarious :rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

Right? Its nice to see Batgirl in the line, but it’d also be nice to get Diana.

It’d be really nice to get the Jessica Cruz GL too, because her Imaginext figure is quite hard to find. She (and the Kate Kane Batwoman, as well) would have been part of a Toys R Us exclusive six-pack of figures, but when they went under in the US, that set only saw Canadian release, as I recall.

Jess was then released in another multi-pack, which came with a fold-out Gotham City diorama and assorted figures in a blind box configuration.

Being that the gimmick of most of these single-carded figures is that their chest symbols light up when plugged into the current Batcave playset, it’d be cool to have Jess out again and with new chest tooling, so that her Lantern emblem could shine brightly.

Thanks! Sorry that I forgot to address it in the other Imaginext post, but I’m not aware of what else is coming in the single-carded line.

I hope more are on-deck, especially the female characters mentioned above, along with brand-new Imaginext entries (thinking Silver Banshee, a robot Brainiac, Equus, Mr. Orr, Maxima, New 52 Supergirl and Superboy, etc.).

6 Likes

Never apologize, brother. We’re grown men talking toys… all is good :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think my collection is a at a point where I need to “refocus”. Took stock & rearranged a couple days ago. Had to put like a dozen or so figures away. Want to take a video or pictures on my collection thread, along with thoughts on where I think it’s going, for the few here that are interested :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

Dude, if we ever meet in-person, carve away a few hours my friend, because I can talk toys (DC and otherwise) and then some. :grin:

Always a good sign of someone who controls their collection, rather than letting it control them. Good man! :+1:t2:

You know, if you should-

moro smiles, chuckles lightly and says “Yeah, yeah. If my Super Powers should need a temporary home, you know of one.”

Hey, what I can I say? I take care of my friends, and if they should need a temporary home, I do know of one. :joy:

7 Likes

Super Powers almost made it off the shelf, but I couldn’t do it. Problem is I don’t know where this new line is going to live once it I have multiple waves. Problem for another day, I guess :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

Noooooo!

Dude…never take Kenner Super Powers off your shelf. You can remove virtually anything else (even DCUC), but Kenner Super Powers are a perennial mainstay.

A “new line”, you say?

sits up in his chair, legs crossed and with a Dr. Pepper in-hand as he says, ala The Riddler in Batman Forever, “Tell me!”

Apologies in advance if you did say something about this new line, and I just plum forgot.

6 Likes

Meant the new Super Powers line :slightly_smiling_face:.

Between that, Page Punchers 3” and 7”, and now Imaginext, I plead mercy to the collectible gods :joy:

6 Likes

I stopped at Target on Saturday morning and found these two. Now to wait to get the 4th piece later this year. I passed on gold label Lex Luthor and also seen Lobo for the first time. When i get paid I’ll see if they are still there.

13 Likes

Those look amazing

6 Likes

After watching the first few episodes on Netflix, I decided to get Morpheus

13 Likes

We went to C2E2 this weekend and I got lucky and found something I was not expecting

Of all places she was in a booth that had like 85% Star Wars stuff and DC sprinkled here and there. I almost missed her especially with how she was packaged.

I was so excited to get her home. But now that I got her out her leg is kinda funky. Not sure if she just needs popped back in place with proper tools but kinda nervous to try.

She does stand a little on her own but needs a little support to lean on sometimes. So Damian is going to help out :laughing:

By the way the Robin shelf is getting a little crowded but she is glad to be among friends.

I also found this Batgirls print in Artist Alley

And a few more issues of Young Justice from the show. These are hard to find but getting there and always an exciting find.

Definitely a good weekend :grin:

16 Likes

Snazzy!

8 Likes

Good stuff here @SpoilerAlert88!

11 Likes

:star_struck:

11 Likes

I see. The best DC line of 2022 is definitely worth clearing off a shelf for.

SN: Forgot to mention it a while back, but I followed your lead and integrated the boxes for the Supermobile and Batwing into my McFarlane Super Powers display. They look great (you thought I was going to say “super!”, didn’t ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)!

@SpoilerAlert88 Groovy! I bet @millernumber1 likes that piece.

11 Likes

That’s what I’m sayin’. :+1: Paging @millernumber1.

11 Likes