"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

WOW!!! That is gorgeous :heart::green_heart::white_heart::it: Ty for the tag @Daredevil, I would’ve mad if I missed out on that eye candy…

8 Likes

Congrats on the awesome pickup! Looks stunning :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes

You’re not alone, as I haven’t had it either.

It doesn’t help that I haven’t had a Little Caesar’s anywhere remotely close to me in years, but I also find the Calzony to be highly unappealing in conception, execution and appearance.

Despite the facts that I LOVE both Batman and pizza, I have absolutely zero interest in trying the Calzony.

SN: Why brand it the “Calzony”, anyway? That’s more reminiscent of a California-based zamboni than a calzone/pizza-based tie-in to the newest Batman movie.

How about…“The Batman Special”, instead? At least that branding would feature the name of the movie that Caesar’s is tying their product into.

8 Likes

Congrats! A long wait well rewarded.

8 Likes

Oh wow. She’s beautiful.

8 Likes

As EV-9D9 said in Return of the Jedi, “New acquisitions!”

Target

This guy’s pretty slick, and a nice upgrade from the basic edition, paint apps-wise.

Since I have the basic version open, I’m leaving this one boxed. I know how bright his light-up emblem is, thanks to YouTube reviews (and it is VERY bright), plus he looks pretty snazzy in his Gold Label environs.

Amazon

The above is now the third New 52 Power Armor Lex (DC Collectibles released him in their DC Icons line, while Spin Master did a 4-inch version in their Heroes Unite line) and with that in mind, I think McFarlane’s beats them all.

Sure, the DC Icons edition has more interchangeable hands (McFarlane’s has two), plus other accessories, while the Spin Master version has a Kryptonite axe, a giant, spear-tipped, Kryptonite battle glove and a shoulder-mounted cannon, but McFarlane’s just aces them both in the detail arena.

Compared to the Darkseid War Lex, I think the New 52 version is a smidge better in overall aesthetics and how he pops on the shelf. DWL stands out, thanks to his prodigious throne, but N52L stands out even better thanks to his spiffy coloring and the personality the piece exudes, thanks to the smug prick look that Lex’s face perfectly encapsulates.

Also, here’s something I found at Target when I yoinked Gold Label Hazmat Batman (I did not buy the below item, though):

NECA’s latest DC replica looks pretty schway, but…why purple on the sides?

The BB Batarang looks like this:

Between the TV series, Return of the Joker and the comics, I haven’t seen a BB Batarang that’s purple, but maybe I just missed it or forgot about it.

Anyhow, if NECA’s piece was show-accurate, I might have snagged it, but while the price is nice ($29.99), the inaccuracy turned me off, so I passed.

The thing that I do like about the Batarang though is how NECA’s packaging design is a throwback to Hasbro’s Batman Beyond line, as seen below via the very first Batman from it:

Later packaging update, just for kicks and giggles :nerd_face: :

15 Likes

Three new buys today. (Two in hand one order)

First at Wal-Mart
(Rt. 9 Howell, NJ)
Ew52 Power Armor Lex Luthor.
And
DC REBIRTH
Platinum Edition
“Unpainted” Lobo

Then through Entertainment Earth I ordered the DC Rebirth Reverse Flash.

(Not to be confused with the Inustice 2 Reverse Flash that just went up for pre-order)

17 Likes

WANT. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Yeah I’m looking forward to that one too. Now we can have a good quality tag team match between Hot pursuit and flash versus Thawne and Grodd

7 Likes

Wonder Woman t-shirt came in from the DC Shop! Even though I still wish there had been more items offered, I can’t deny this is an awesome shirt and I can’t wait to wear it when the weather gets warmer

16 Likes

Had to cross state lines for this Batman Calzony, but that nice print made it worth it! Haven’t tasted it yet, but it smells tasty :yum:

15 Likes

A story I heard about that Batman that still stings my heart is that Mondo was going to make a cape that surrounded him but couldn’t make it work without crazy packaging. I know it’s a shame to cover a figure’s details and articulation but I love that look.

7 Likes

Game night!

This game is nearly 40 years old. I got a sealed box from ebay. I could smell the old card stock as I was putting it together. Was skeptical that it would be opened and resealed, but nope…all the pieces were flat, unpunched, and unplayed with. Played a round with the girls after assembling, and my daughter handily won :slightly_smiling_face:. Was a lot of fun…few more Super Powers things to share soon!

17 Likes

Very cool pick-up, mon frere!

As Riddler said in Batman Forever, “Really? Tell me!”

Please, and thanks in advance, of course. :clark_hv_4:

8 Likes

Series 1 and 2 are complete. Those were easy to acquire loose in decent condition (not mint, with the exception of the Trinity, which as you know I already had) at affordable prices. Series 3… well ■■■■… you know how that goes. I acquired 1 from that third series, and 1 is on the way, which… ouch. Once that last one arrives, I’ll post the group pic.

9 Likes

Indeed, indeed.

Completing series 1 is my Super Powers goal for the near future (and I’m half-way there). I figure I’ll start on series 3 by, oh, 2025 or so, 2030 at the latest. :joy:

Unless Hasbro reissues the whole line in 2024 for it’s 40th anniversary (which could be done). :crossed_fingers:t2: Then, I’ll just buy 'em at retail. :grin:

7 Likes

I’m down for re-issues. I can see the instant pre-order sellouts on them, if the every happen.

What are you missing from series 1?

6 Likes

The 40th anny deal is still a rumor, but man, I sure hope it happens.

It can too, as neither Spin Master or McFarlane are making product that bears any kind of similarities to Super Powers. Plus, it would be an anniversary-based line that is specific to one thing, as opposed to an overarching DC license like SM and MT have.

Wonder Woman, Brainiac, Robin, Penguin and Aquaman.

I know I said I had 6 of the 12 in S1, but I just looked them over and remembered that I have Hawkman too, so now, I only need 5 more to complete that group. :partying_face:

Brainiac is the one I’m on the hunt for ATM. As you likely saw, he tends to be a bit pricier than the others, due to how his Power Action leg can get damaged, and how his metallic paint can chip/flake.

The Penguin is probably the one I’ll get last. His Toy Biz figure was based on his Super Powers mold (like some of the other Toy Biz DC figures), so in a way, I kind-of have him, but I’ll still get the official version at some point.

Of course, with The Batman putting Penguin back in the spotlight, now he’ll probably jump in price. :joy:

Oh, well. The hunt for Brainiac is my main Super Powers mission for '22 (along with getting Clark). I’ll get 'er done (hopefully)!

7 Likes

Finally picked this complete one up.

18 Likes

16 Likes