"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

:smiley:

8 Likes

VERY cool!

:0_darkseid:

7 Likes

Fantastic @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx! How does it compare to other Absolute Editions? I read it was 2.7” wide compared to 1.9” wide for other Absolutes? Do you need two people to pick it up?

“Normal” sized Absolutes.

Way too wide Omnibus that I’m afraid the Fourth World Absolute will be like.

13 Likes

:purple_heart: :smile:

6 Likes

Finally got the last of the birthday haul:

Fantastic piece. Along with the 'Tec #1000, Hellbat Armor and White Knight iterations, this is one of McFarlane’s best figures of The Bat.

He’s on-model to Three Jokers of course, but being that his current suit (at least in recent issues of Batman) is similar to that look, this figure also works as a great modern era Batman.

Amazon exclusive that features the Alex Ross-themed Hot Wheels from 2018 all in one set (as notated below):

Tuesday finds

Walmart

In two years and change of Spin Master’s DC output, the above is the first 12-inch non-Batman figure I’ve seen at Walmart.

Evidently, their buyer found out that Spin Master’s 12-inch Batman line includes characters besides The Caped Crusader, as they had the full wave (seen on the below cardback):

Way to go, “America’s Toy Shop”. :smirk: :superman_hv_4:

Walmart exclusive set, which is pretty snazzy. I’m holding off on most of the merch for The Batman until I see the movie, but the 4-inch line by Spin Master is my one major exception, by and large.

This set will likely be very easy to find (as has been the case with all of Spin Master’s DC Walmart exclusives, so far) but knowing Walmart’s hit and miss history with exclusives (DC or otherwise), I snagged the above when I saw it, just in case. :wink:

Nice to see Walmart is finally carrying the DC mini-figures from the Heroes of Goo Jit Zu line.

For any interested, Target has Marvel mini-figures (bagged, as opposed to blister carded) from that line, making Moose one of the few companies that isn’t Lego to currently have DC and Marvel product at mass market retail at the same time.

Target

I got a Target gift card from my mom for my birthday, so that went towards both of the above (I can hear @DC89 saying “Well, its about time you finally got TJ Batgirl.” :wink:).

The Gold Label Hazmat Batman is hitting, but I haven’t seen him, or Target’s other new Multiverse exclusive, the Speed Force Flash, just yet.

15 Likes

I got a Batman calzony from Little Caesars this evening! It is pretty good.

15 Likes

:smile: :nerd_face: Thanks! :hugs:

And thanks to you too!

Yep,both volumes are wonderfully hefty. It’s even slightly taller than the Alan Moore Swamp Thing Absolutes. Definitely the largest and best designed Absolute Edition I’ve ever seen. I LOVE the die-cut slipcases and their Motherbox inlays.

The Kirby Fourth World HC Omnibus was a monster, but the Absolute is much greater in both height and width, and arguably presented in the oversized prestige format that Kirby originally envisioned.

Found a review of Volume Two on the tubes:

11 Likes

:smile: :+1:

8 Likes

Oh, I forgot to add that when you order it on the app, there’s this cute little flight of bats that pops up!

9 Likes

Thank you and/or curse you @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx. I now need to own these absolutes! :heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign: :yjo_granny_goodness:

9 Likes

:hugs:

5 Likes

I feel so left out because I haven’t ordered a Batman Calzony yet.

I just don’t know if I can trust my local Little Caesar’s.

10 Likes
10 Likes

Time for a confession: when I went on the app specifically intending to order the Batman calzony for myself and my sister’s family, I was confused by the animated bats. All I could think was, “It is nowhere near Halloween. Who is in charge of updating the Little Caesars app?”

I figured it out in hindsight. :rofl:

10 Likes

Anyone got any places or companys to buy some DC character figures for a desk or something

4 Likes

A nice little haul was waiting by my door when I got home from work today.

First up is the Diamond Select Premier Collection Poison Ivy Gem Edition statue. The Gem Edition, because there are supposedly real emeralds in her earrings and the eyes of the pumpkin in her hand, was a SDCC Exclusive and limited to only 150 pieces. She stands 12" tall.

Next is the BTAS Batman figure by Mondo. He will pair well with the Mondo Catwoman and Mr. Freeze I picked up earlier. He stands 12" tall.

A big thank you to Uncle Sam and the tax return that paid for these.

16 Likes

That is a seeerious understatement! :heart_eyes: I absolutely love the Poison Ivy statue… you’ve clearly got a good eye

12 Likes

That Pam statue :heart_eyes: is beautiful. Bats looks good too but Pam steals the show.

Side note is that a thermos accessory? :joy:

10 Likes

Thanks and yes it’s a thermos of chicken soup. It’s for fighting colds and overpowering Mr. Freeze.

10 Likes

“Hold on, Robin. I’ve got this.”

SHE’S HERE SHE’S HERE SHE’S HERE! :smiley:

It’s my new Sideshow/Hot Toys Arkham Knight BG figure!

Standing at a full 13" in height this is the absolute mostest bestest BG figure I’ve ever seen.

The craftsmanship that went into this figure’s production is stunning and crazy amazing on point with her in game look.

The stand she comes with is very spiffy as well:

Solid BatGadgets array along with a full selection of differently gripped hands round out the accessories inventory pack-

Batarangs:

Grapnel:

Remote Hacking Device so she can break through any and all encrypted software…

… and check her work schedule at Burrito Bucket

:smile:

Posed her here with the latest Batgirls book so y’all can get an idea of her scale.

I am sooo happy with this figure, and even tho it took a while to finally arrive it was def worth the wait. Yay!

:notes:Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it
Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Now put your heart and your soul in it :notes:

:smiley:

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

20 Likes