"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Oh, that is cool! I seem to remember them having toy TVs like that when I was little, but I didn’t know that they made one s like those now.

3 Likes

I got the Batman t-shirt for Primal age and the comic. And the shipper that the comics came in might be on my bookshelf… it just looked too cool to throw out.

4 Likes

I have the shipper in my closet holding current comics (the PA Giant itself is in a long box with my other Giants).

I also nabbed a Jada Toys DC shipper from Target. You can fit a ton of comics in one of those.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have the PA Giant in the shipper since I don’t think it fits in my short boxes. :laughing: But it looks cool on top of my bookshelf.

4 Likes

I’m always tempted to snag more of the Jada shippers, but I typically only do so when I buy other toys at Target.

If I grabbed one while buying…say, just a Dr. Pepper at checkout, I think I’d get the Crook Eye from the person manning Self Check-Out, so I just wait until I find a figure or two (or something similar), and then grab one.

No Crook Eye for this guy!

4 Likes

Yeah, technically we aren’t allowed to let you take the shippers. But each store is different. It really depends on who sees you. :laughing:

I’m not even sure which ones you’re talking about to be honest, so it isn’t that big of a deal.

4 Likes

I can’t find a good picture of it ATM, but next time you can, mosey down the die-cast aisle and look at the little $9.99 die-cast Batman and Batmobile sets by Jada.

Unless the box is already gone, it’s the same size as the PA shipper. It has a giant DC logo on the back of it, so you’ll know what it is when you see it.

When I got the PA and Jada shippers I asked an employee if I could take them, and they said “Sure, they’ll just get trashed, otherwise.”

In the times since, I just grab one when its empty. I’ve held it with me in front of employees when waiting in line and/or checking out, and nobody says anything.

Its like my video store days: Technically, I couldn’t give out displays, but if a customer asked for one after we were done with our initial promotion for a particular title, we could let it go, because otherwise it’d just get trashed.

4 Likes

Oh, actually now I do know which ones you’re talking about.

Yeah, at my store we aren’t allowed to do that because the boxes have brand names on them so we can’t just give them out because we don’t know what someone will do with it and we don’t want to be liable for it. At least, that’s the reason managament has given me. :woman_shrugging: But, I usually just don’t care.

And to keep this thread on topic. I recently bought a bunch of new prints to put up on my wall. Once I get them delivered and some frames to go with them, I will post some pictures. I might have gotten excited about a sale and misjudged how much wall space I have available, but I’m sure I’ll make it work. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I didn’t even think of using that head for a Hiketeia re-entactment. Nice!

8 Likes

Give this man a promotion! :grin:

Say, have you seen this on your Hot Wheels pegs, lately?

Its from the P case of basic HW cars. Ships 3, maybe 4, to a case.

6 Likes

Honestly, if you are nice to me I won’t mind a shipper walking out the door. It’s going to go in the trash anyway. :woman_shrugging: The people that walk in and demand a shipper/box are the ones that are 100% not getting one though.

As for the basic Hot Wheels, they have been scarce lately. I haven’t seen many casepacks coming into the store. I’m not sure how other store have been doing, but it has been rough at my store lately.

5 Likes

I’m always exceedingly polite and friendly, especially with Target employees, because you people kick ass in every way, and then some.

Has your store had a lot of these in place of the normal Hot Wheels?

That’s been the case at some of my Targets. I know they’re Halloween-themed, but some stores only have that assortment, and nothing from the main line.

5 Likes

Honestly, we haven’t had any of either. We just recently started to get the main line back in stock. I don’t think I’ve seen those Halloween ones before.

4 Likes

Then you’re probably getting the P case in all likelihood, as that’s the most recent basic assortment to hit retail that I’m aware of.

Say, if you see one of these (from the N case)…

…g’head and hold it for me, would ya? :wink:

Damn 1 per case Treasure Hunts…

7 Likes

I was lucky to find one of these at our local Dollar General a few months go!

5 Likes

My Hot Wheels pattern has been search high and low for whatever Batmobile is new, give up hope, then find them at Dollar Tree.

7 Likes

Echoing this - that pose is amazing and now I need to do that with my Death Metal Diana, too. :grin: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

9 Likes

@Angel212 Do it! :metal:

9 Likes

It would be even better if it was the Batman Who Laughs, but I’ll work with what I’ve got. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

That would be the chrome repaint with red wheel accents, given the period you found it during. Definitely a shiny car. :wink:

See, "shiny* because its-

the studio audience says “He gets it, dude!”

Speaking of HW Batmobiles at the dollar-themed stores…

I found the Treasure Hunt BTAS Batmobile at Dollar Tree shortly after it came out.

I didn’t go there to look at Hot Wheels, but after I found what I did go there for, I flipped through the HW, saw the TH BTAS ride, thought “Well, how about that?” and happily bought it.

For any curious, Treasure Hunts are packed one per case and have a flame logo on the package (and usually on the vehicle itself, but that’s not always the case, AFAIK).

They’re really not hard to find (especially if you cut to the chase and just get them from eBay), and it’s pretty rare for a Batmobile to be designated a Treasure Hunt. Practically 5 out of 5 times, the Treasure Hunt vehicle in a given case will have absolutely nothing to do with DC.

4 Likes