Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman

Deathstroke’s in this?!?

There’s A Deathstroke in this but it’s not THE Deathstroke

2 Likes

Ah gotcha. Honestly, that’s too bad. I would’ve loved to see Cain’s Superman go toe to toe with Slade Wilson.

2 Likes

I love this show!! I remember watching this show when it first aired. I simply adored Dean Cain’s interpretation of Clark Kent, Teri Hatcher was an outstanding Lois Lane, and their chemistry was phenomenal. I’m currently finishing up the Legion of Superheroes, and L&C is the next show I plan to rewatch. I haven’t rewatched it in ages. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

I was looking for an L&C thread to say this same sentiment but you summed it up better than I could. -C

4 Likes

I absolutely love this show. I have recently watched a movie called Method Into Madness directed by Jason Mewes that featured both Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. Sadly, they were never on screen together but it was enough to make me think back to the hours upon hours I have watched of Lois and Clark.

One thing I really loved about the show is that it featured the supporting cast in prominent roles. People have already praised Lane Smith for his portrayal of Perry White and they were all 100% correct. He was the cornerstone to this series with his tough love or Elvis anecdotes. Tracy Scoggins made me care about Cat Grant. In the comics, she was never a character that I enjoyed but in the show she was the perfect balance to the responsible and sometimes up-tight Lois Lane. Even to this day, when I am reading a Superman comic I am comparing the interaction of the supporting cast with Clark/Superman.

6 Likes

This was my favorite take on Superman for a long time. Yeah it was clunky in some places and cringed in others but it’s primary redeeming feature was that it best articulated the Clark/Superman dynamic that had finally made me a full time reader “Lois, Superman is what I can do… CLARK, is who I am,”

6 Likes

We can only hope that the new CW Superman and Lois show will have same chemistry between its two principles as did Lois and Clark.

2 Likes

Hopefully it does, but I’m not much of a fan of the CW’s Superman. Every time he makes an appearance, it seems like he’s only there to make Supergirl look better. If the show is able to give him a little more personality than just, “You guys don’t need me cause Kara is better in every way”, then I look forward to watching it.

2 Likes

@Batman0803: True, so far Superman has been The CW’s resident “jobber”, but let’s hope he gets to “flex his muscles” in his (well, half anyway) own show.

1 Like

I decided to throw on an episode of this tonight, season 2 episode 13 to be exact. This is the first time Clark and Lois are to go on a date but they have to do a stakeout at someone’s apartment. This is the kind of scene that I love about L&C. Lois is changing and we see Clark chilling a bottle of warm champagne while he is watching Lois undress via a silhouette in the frosted glass door. When he opens the bottle the cork flies through the apartment like a pinball. Then Clark gets changed behind the same frosted door and Lois over pours her champagne while she watches Clark. Sure, this is silly but it works. The chemistry of Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher shines and it honestly looks like they are having fun with the goofy premise.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot about a guest appearance in season 2 episode 21 “Whine, whine, whine” by none other than ADAM WEST as Jerry the reporter! It doesn’t stop there! FRANK GORSHIN who played Riddler in the Batman '66 series is a lawyer in the same episode! Ben Stein also makes a quick cameo which is cool but not Batman cool.
Annotation 2020-03-13 233228

6 Likes

In season 3 episode 4 “When Irish Eyes Are Killing” there was an easter egg!

6 Likes

Lois and Clark was rife with Easter eggs and call outs. Metropolis has Adams and O’Neil streets. Jurgens and Swan are reporters in the newsroom. Phyllis Coates and Jack Larsen appeared in episodes. And remember the first season episode “All Shook Up!” is a modern re-telling of the classic episode of season two’s “Panic in the Sky” from The Adventures of Superman. And both episodes were written by the same screenwriter–Jackson Gillis. This show is still my favorite small-screen offering of Superman and Lois Lane.

5 Likes

Does anyone remember this TPB collection?

Included are the below comics:

Man of Steel (1986) - 2
Superman Annual (1986) - 1 - currently not on DCU
Superman (1986) - 9 - story starts on page 19, second story titled Metropolis 900 Mi
Superman (1986) - 11
Action Comics (1938) - 600 - currently not on DCU
Adventures of Superman (1986) - 445 - currently not on DCU
Adventures of Superman (1986) - 462
Adventures of Superman (1986) - 466
Action Comics (1938) - 655 - currently not on DCU

6 Likes

Yup I do, I think I still have it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was hoping all of the books would be on DCU so I can read using the single panel view but I will be dragging that out again in the near future.

1 Like

I gotta say, I know it’s probably not the best remembered storyline in the show, but I really liked the Leslie Luckaby/ Lex Luthor Junior multi-parter.

This show had a couple of multi-parters I liked. Hell, I even liked their clone saga. It gets a lot of guff from fans, I know, but I genuinely felt for the clone of Lois. That must’ve been fun for Teri Hatcher to play two different versions of Lois.

4 Likes

I’m currently in season 2 of the show (I can not binge something to save my life lol) and I absolutely love this show!

Dean Cain is an underrated Superman. I know he has said some controversial stuff the last few years but I still wish he could have been on CW’s Crisis.

Terri Hatcher is my all time favorite Lois. She can be a hard ass sometimes but she really does have a heart of gold and I love her slow burn romance with Clark so far.

Don’t even get me started on Perry White. Perfection.

The only real issue I have so far is Lex Luthor. He’s not bad or anything but he is kind of underwhelming compared to other Lex’s. Still he’s fine.

Overall love this show so far :hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

He is my favorite Superman/Clark Kent. In my late teens/early twenties my friend and I had decided Dean Cain was one of the nicest men on Earth because he was the host of Ripley’s Believe It or Not. Our theory was that he gave you the option preempted anything negative.

3 Likes