Lobo's Thread

The late 20th Century gave birth to plenty of characters that love to fight and get themselves drenched in blood. But there is only one - I repeat, only ONE - who can be called The Main Man!

Welcome to the fraggin’ thread, bastich

041EE386-B571-4D61-B902-FCEE304C9F9B

10 Likes

yo
slobo 2
i gotta ask
since he was created directly from lobo dying and has all his memories before that death would he still count as a lobo even tho he doesnt consider himself worthy of being called lobo ?

3 Likes

Your gonna have to clarify who exactly your talking about. I know of the OG/current and of the New 52 version

4 Likes

slobo from young justice
created from lobo dying in our worlds at war young justice
he was a weaker drop of blood that ran away instead of fighting to be the last lobo standing

3 Likes

Ayyy! A thread for the guy whose comic started Bloodlines and led to the amazing Tommy Monaghan!!

Also, definitely check this out if you want a funny, violent, and overall amazing comic:

5 Likes

only asking because i dunno if he truly counts
despite sharing the same although weaker dna he doesnt consider himself worthy of being lobo and instead uses something he mishears in a sentence as slobo and calls himself that instead

4 Likes

How often has slobo actually shown up on page?

5 Likes

The Manga Kahn storyline in Justice League International (issues 14-21) is one of my favorite comic arcs of all time.

Not only does it heavily feature G’Nort, the greatest Green Lantern, but issues 18-21 also feature an early Lobo as well.

His characterization is a bit lighter here than in future appearances lol

7 Likes

While Lobo was introduced in 1983, it wasn’t until the 4-issue limited series in 1990 by Alan Grant that his entire character and origin was retconned to the one we know today.

In this story, Lobo accepts a job protecting a surprise Czarnian survivor who wrote his unauthorized biography - his old school teacher Miss Tribb! Under contract to deliver her alive and fighting off other killers, check out the story that gave birth to the Lobo we know and love.

5 Likes

Anytime I hear Lobo talk, I think of Brad Garrett who does a great job playing him in Superman The Animated Series. :slightly_smiling_face:
I even made a Minecraft of Lobo last year, basing him on Superman The animated series as well.

4 Likes

only really in the classic young justice series
other than that dc ignores his existence because they cant handle how awesome he is

3 Likes

Fan-friggin’-tastic Clyde, as this is my kinda joint!

Ya got any booze (none o’ that Earth crap, as humans don’t know the hooch like a Czarnian do), space dolphins, or reasonably-attractive robots hanging around?

By the by, I ever tell you of the time I wrote a tale where the 'Bo booted Scrappy-Doo up into the wild blue yonder?

It was amazeballs and don’t you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: be a bastich and forget it, cuz if ya do…I’ll wrap a reminder bow made from your intestines across your wee, li’l pinky, Clyde.

Long live the 'Bo! :metal:t2:

5 Likes

Not too long after the 1990 limited series, we got another 4-issue run featuring The Main Man!

When Lobo finds hemself dead, he has to deal with the afterlife and all the bureacracy that comes with it. Various Gods, you don’t have a fraggin’ chance!

Also…HAHAHA I see what you did there comic cover :wink:

3 Likes

This Amazon exclusive is now in-stock and ready to be shipped to your door:

70 buckos and its yours, chief. :metal:t2:

4 Likes

i aint buyin this but glad it includes dog

3 Likes

Its the fourth time a Lobo figure has been paired with Dawg.

In my four eyes, its the best.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what the consensus is for the Rebirth Teen Titans book, but I quite enjoyed it. I bring it up because partway through the book’s run, we got a new line-up that includes a brand new character…Crush - daughter of Lobo!

I fell in love with this loud, super-strong and rebellious teen! But having her along with the rest of the team go up against Lobo was a big event, even tieing into the Year of the Villain event going on at the time.

4 Likes

love the art here
whos the artist ?
also crush stealin superboys style

she got almost the same belt

3 Likes

Bernard Chang & Wil Quintana gor the former, Dan Mora for the latter

3 Likes

Who’s Dawg?

3 Likes