Live Q&A with Yvette Monreal, Wildcat of STARGIRL! Thursday 7/02 @1pm PT/4pm ET

Live Q&A with Yvette Monreal, Wildcat of STARGIRL! Thursday, July 2nd @1pm PT/4pm ET

Facebook
Joining us to talk all things on and off-screen of Stargirl is Wildcat herself, Yvette Monreal! Ask her all your questions about what it’s like to be Wildcat, her take on bearing the claws, and being a part of the DC legacy on Thursday, July 2nd at 1pm PT/4pm ET!

Please limit to just 1 question; this way, everyone has a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back Thursday, July 2nd to read Yvette’s answers LIVE!

26 Likes

Hello Yvette thanks for doing this.
Will your character ever become involved in being a reporter for a rock magazine like Yolanda Montez was in the comics? Do u love music personally? You’re an awesome Wildcat btw!!! Thank you for spending time with us.

12 Likes

Hi Ms. Yvette Monreal,

Hope you are safe and doing well!!! You are absolutely killing it as Yolanda!!! What aspects of Yolanda’s personality do you love the most?

Random question: In your personal opinion, which ice cream flavor would you say best compliments and/or describes Yolanda’s personality (it could be a pre-existing flavor or a made up one)? :thinking:

Thank you in advance!!!

P.S. This is something that I forgot to mention last week during Anjelika’s Q&A. You and her are an inspiration to so many young women and people of color (including my teenage sister), and are amazing at what you guys do, and I just wanted to thank the both of you for that!!! :blush:

Keep up the amazing work and stay well!!!

#VoteYolanda & :crossed_fingers: for season 2!!!

13 Likes

Hello Yvette. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions today. Let me start by saying you are doing an excellent job bringing Yolanda to life. It has been great seeing her open up more and more as the season goes along. I can’t wait for the day when Yolanda is able to get revenge on Cindy and Henry. That will be a sweet moment. I also hope Yolanda’s parents come around. Family means more than what others think.

On a lighter note, my question; given the choice between a light, fluffy, buttery biscuit or a funnel cake, which would you prefer?

Thank you again. You’re awesome!

14 Likes

Hi Yvette! You’re doing an amazing job portraying Yolanda/Wildcat, and she’s my favorite character in Stargirl. If you could play another role in Stargirl, which role would you play and why?

11 Likes

Hello, thanks for doing this! You’re an awesome wildcat. I love you in stargirl.
My question- if you could play any other DC character, who would it be?

11 Likes

Hello Yvette,
It’s such a honor to have you here, you were great in Rambo: Last Blood movie, I felt so sorry for your character in the movie, in fact I also feel so sorry for Yolanda for having a unforgiving family, even when she apologize! No wonder you’re a talented actress, you make each scene believable!:slightly_smiling_face:
My question to you is, what was it like filming as Wildcat for the first time on Stargirl?

9 Likes

Hi :wave: What’s your favorite memory/moment on set?

11 Likes

Hi @YvetteMonreal! First off let me say thanks for doing this! My question is how did it feel the first time you got to wear the whole costume? Thanks again!

11 Likes

Hi Yvette! Let me just say you’re so perfect as Yolanda and I get so excited every week watching you fight for justice with the rest of the JSA. Stargirl is like the only thing that makes me truly happy nowadays and it’s the highlight of my week watching you guys every Monday. Anyways, I’ll ask a similar question to the one that I asked Cam…I was wondering if you had any say at all in what elements from the comics you wanted to see in the Wildcat suit? Like how it looked, fit, and what the color scheme was?

Love you all always!!

10 Likes

Hi Yvette! First of all I would like to say that you are doing a great job playing Yolanda/Wildcat.

My question for you is: What is your favorite part of being Wildcat?

10 Likes

Hello Ms. Yvette Monreal, thanks so much for taking the time to do this live Q+A. You are a phenomenal actress who always does awesome work in the industry, and your Wildcat is my favorite role of yours. There are so many things that make Yolanda Montez inspiring, what ones resonate best with you? Thank you for your part in making Stargirl my new favorite show. I hope you, your family, and everyone is doing super!

8 Likes

Hello Mrs. Yvette Monreal

Before I begin with my Question can i just say how badass your character is and how amazing Yolanda is

My Question is what is it like Playing Wildcat and is There any Dc Superhero/Villain that you would like to see on the Series? Or do a Crossover with?

Thanks for Answering my Question! And looking forward to seeing you & the cast at DC Fandome for the announcement of Season two hopefully :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Hello there Yvette Monreal! Thank you very much for joining us! :superman_hv_4:

It has been quite the journey for Yolanda this season learning about her backstory to taking up the mantle of Wildcat. Looking forward to where the rest of her story goes alongside the rest of the JSA as they fight the Injustice Society. :sunglasses: :+1:

My question is, how fun was it climbing the side of a building and if you could use Wildcat’s claws to climb any building, which would you choose?

7 Likes

Thank you Yvette for taking the time to answer questions! I think you’re doing a phenomenal job in your role as Yolanda and Wildcat. I think you’re such a role model for people who watch the show! Your character is so strong. My only question is how much do you like the physical aspects of the character?

7 Likes

Hi Ms. @YvetteMonreal!

Thank you so much for doing this q&a!
I hope that you and your family are safe and healthy.

My question is : What is your favorite offscreen memory?

4:20pm 6/27/2020

9 Likes

Hiya!
First of all, you’re absolutely wonderful to watch on Stargirl.
My question is this: Beyond the comics, what other sources did you look at when creating Yolanda/Wildcat?

8 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

You were recently in a film written by and starring Sylvester Stallone. Did the original Italian Stallion have any tips on playing a boxer and, for fun, who do you think would win in a fight between Rocky Balboa and Ted Grant?

12 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe Community Yvette!

You’re the first person to play Yolanda Montez in any media outside of comics. Is that a liberating experience since unlike Brec as Stargirl you don’t have to to compare yourself to actors who previously played your character or do you feel greater pressure having a character who’s relatively unknown to non-comic readers in such a big spotlight?

8 Likes

Hello Thanks for stopping by.

You have been awesome as Wildcat.

My question is would you like to team up with the Ted Grant Wildcat is show at some point?

8 Likes