LIVE Q&A with Geoff Johns, Comic Book Writer, Television Producer, & Creator of STARGIRL! Thurs, 5/14 @5pm PT/8pm ET

I first want to say thank you for taking the time to do this, I absolutely everything you manage to touch and am absolutely thrilled for this.

1. We see Starman in issue 0 of Stars and STRIPE, and then of course we see Courtney at the end of the Starman series getting the staff. Would you have used Starman more in the series if you could, or even later in Courtney’s career?

2. You’ve worked on, really, the whole DC Universe at this point. Do you have any favorites you can’t help but love doing?

What writers and creators have influenced you the most?

Thank you for your work with Rebirth and giving us Stargirl. No questions just wanted to say thank you.

1 Like

in what media would you like to see Blackest Night be brought to light? Tv series, 2 or 3 movies, or animated.

Hope you are staying happy and safe! I have a few questions.

1. What was it like creating/working on STARGIRL and what was one of the hardest parts about it?

2. What do you enjoy most about your job?

Thank you and I hope everyone stays safe!

Hi Mr. Johns!
Hope that you and your family are safe and healthy.

1. Do you have any advice for young writers?
  2. What’s your favorite part of being a writer?
    Thanks for doing the Q&A!
    7:53pm Wednesday May 13 2020

Hi there! Do you have any upcoming comics projects other than Shazam, Batman Earth One, and Three Jokers? Thanks so much and love your work!

Hello Geoff! Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, love your work! You have great interpretations for so many DC characters. You made me a fan of Aquaman and Shazam! My questions are:
1- will you ever write a Catwoman story? She is my favorite character and I would be very interested to see how you write her.
2- is there any updates on Batman Earth One Volume 3 being released?

Thank you for answering our questions, looking forward to watching Stargirl!

1 Like

Hi Geoff! You won’t remember this, but almost 20 years ago you emailed me asking for my address. You said I’d been randomly selected to receive some DC treats. A week or so later, I received a Flash poster signed by the entire creative team and issues of The Flash and Hawkman signed by you. But the best part was the little Mister Miracle you sketched on the envelope. I’ve always wondered if I was really randomly selected, or if it was the fact that I’d just come to Aquaman’s defense on the DC Message Boards (you weren’t writing the character yet, but it was clear you were a fan). Like I said, I don’t expect you to remember any of this – or for you to confirm my long held suspicion about the true reasons for my selection – but I want you to know that the poster and comics are framed and hanging in my office to this day. Thanks for all the great stories, I can’t wait to watch Stargirl.

1 Like

Hello Mr. John’s,

I have long been an admirerer of yours, since all the way back in Flash Rebirth and your run on Green Lantern (possibly my all time favorite run on the character). I write to you because I would like to ask two simple questions of you. Thank you in advance if you get to answer my questions.

Question 1: Simply put, do you think you will ever tackle the world of Green Lantern as a writer ever again? You took the character to places I don’t believe many others would have dared to, and created one of the most compelling stories from rebirth all the way to the end, and given that, if given the chance, would you choose to put on the ring again and fly high in the world of the Lanterns?

Question 2: I understand you and your production company will have a strong handed presence in both the forthcoming film, and TV show of Green Lantern, and I would like to ask you just what your greatest influence on these respective projects will be? Will you simply take the bare bones of the character and their universe and craft a series/film around that, or will you be drawing inspiration from more traditional and recognized material, such as your run, Vendetti’s run, or even the work that Morrison is currently working on, as inspiration for the aforementioned GL film and TV show?

Thank you for your time, I Know even in the current times that you are a very busy man, and appreciate you taking out time in your schedule to answer our questions with your answers.

1 Like

No questions from me, there are plenty already. I’ll just be sitting back and enjoying the answers. :popcorn:

3 Likes

Hello Mr. John, It is a great pleasure to meet you and have you on here, I greatly admire your work and how it finds ways to factor in the characters history while also telling it’s own story. I love your work on The Flash and adore Flashpoint, I haven’t started Green Lantern yet, but I will as soon as I finish GL/GA by O’Neil. I hope that you will redeem Green Lantern in the HBO series and help surport DC for the next several years

1. What is the most difficult thing about conntinuity
  2. Will you ever do Batman Earth 1 vol 3
1 Like

Hey Geoff, thanks for stopping by for this. I love the idea of the Killing Zone pop-up and can’t wait to hear more about it. Have you considered doing your own creator-owned imprint (like Brian’s Jinxworld) featuring characters you created as a kid like Sundial, Beaster Bunny and Santa Claws?

1 Like

Hi Geoff,
I’m a huge fan of your work, starting with your Teen Titans and then your Green Lantern Rebirth. It’s wonderful that you’ve been able to bring one of your most important characters to life on the screen. I’m looking forward to seeing Stargirl very soon. Here are my questions:

1. Since Superboy-Prime comes from Earth Prime where he reads about all the characters in the DC Universe, do you believe that he’s also watched the TV shows, including the ones that you worked on?

2. Are there any plans for Booster Gold to appear on screen?

1 Like

Hello,
Like everyone here, I have always admired your work, Infinite Crisis is probably my favorite event comic but I particularly love your run on Teen Titans. Tim Drake and Cassie Sandsmark are my favorite DC characters and I think you are one of the best writers to write those characters. That being said my two questions are

1. I am a little curious about the time you wrote Tim and Cassie having a romantic relationship, was that something you were ever going to continue before plans for bringing back Conner?
  2. it felt like that Tim Drake was going to play a big part in Doomsday Clock, was he ever in your plans for the story?
1 Like

Hello Geoff Johns,

Your work on Superman is what opened the floodgates for me to become the major DC fan that I am today! I really love the message that you said about him in Doomsday Clock, it was eloquently put. Your work and Gary Frank’s art on the project is some of the best from both of you, issue #10 and #12 are some of my favorite single issues. I have two questions to ask:

1. Your Flash pitch for Barry is included in the Flash book 7 but I am curious about what your original plans were for the Flash Family and the other forces?

2. With how epic Doomsday Clock ended as a statement on Superman and legacy, do you have any plans or future projects for Superman, the JSA (outside of their “Shazam!” debut post DDC), or the LOSH?

1 Like

Do you have any plans to include Clark Manhattan in any future events?

1 Like

Hello Mr. Johns, thank you for taking the time to do this. I’m a long time fan going back to your Flash run. It’s because of you I fell in love with the world of Wally West and DC comics.

My question is, Do you ever see yourself returning to write Wally West again in an ongoing series? And, Is there one DC character you really want to write but haven’t gotten much of a chance to yet?

2 Likes

Hi, there! For aspiring writers, what’s the most important advice you’d give them? Thanks!

Hello! Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you for all your work in the comic book industry, especially your runs on Green Lantern and Aquaman which are my favorite characters (thanks in no small part to you)!

1. During your time on Green Lantern, what would you say was the most challenging aspect of expanding the mythos? (ex: creating the other lantern corps, the yellow impurity, …)

I hope you and yours are staying safe during this time. Looking forward to Stargirl!

3 Likes