Live Q&A with Brec Bassinger, Stargirl of STARGIRL! Monday, 5/18 @3pm PT/6pm ET

hello Brec. Welcome to the DC Universe. You are 2020 version of what Buffy the Vampire slayer was. A strong young woman with a struggle between balancing portraying a typical person dealing with the daily grind of a student and learning the responsibilities of a legacy superhero. trying to portray a well rounded character can be tricky are you afraid one part will overwhelm the other part? thank you, best of luck with this series.

3 Likes

Howdy Ms. Bassinger, really looking forward to watching Star Girl! When you were on set did you ever do one of these with the Cosmic Staff?

:grin:

:open_mouth: holy crap just watched the first eps. Amazing super congrats to you and Mr. Johns! Loved every minute! Great acting and not sure what all was you and what was your stunt woman but y’all did great with the staff! After seeing it now and the chemistry between you and the staff, the lord of the rings joke would actually be even more hilarious to see. I’m sure it would blow the one from forgetting sarah marshall right out of the water!

7 Likes

Hi :slight_smile::wave:

How familliar were you with the world of DC when you got the job? Did you already know plenty going in, or was it a constant learning experience?

6 Likes

Hello Ms. Bassinger, thanks for doing the q&a. What was it like on the set of this show? It looks like it was a very fun day at the office. I can’t wait for the show to premiere.

4 Likes

Hi Brec!

Congrats on your big role! From the trailers alone, you are phenomenal as Courtney Whitmore already–both action scenes and emotional ones–so I am excited to finally see everything in context!

Are there any funny or interesting moments that happened on set during filming last year that you can share?

4 Likes

Hi Brec! Thanks for taking the time to stop and chat with us!

My question is, what have you been doing to prepare yourself to take on the persona of Stargirl? Typically when an actor takes on the role of a super hero, they are not only playing that part on screen, but have to take on the responsibility of the character in the real world, where kids (and even some adults) look up to you and expect you to act a certain way. Just wondering if you have thought about it, and if so, what you were doing to prepare yourself for the onslaught :slight_smile:

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi Brec! It’s awesome that you’re doing a Q&A!

I’d like to ask why you wanted to be Stargirl. Did you grow up reading Stargirl comics? Thanks for taking time to do a Q&A with all the fans! I’m really looking forward to the first episode!

4 Likes

Hello! What comics would you recommend for fans of the show?

4 Likes

How many stars are on your Stargirl mask?

5 Likes

How many members of your new team of superhero’s will there be

3 Likes

Since you’re working on a JSA project: Who’s your favorite member in general? (Not just the ones who appear in the show.)

4 Likes

Hey, Brec! Thank you so much for your time! I’m representing the Stargirl Wiki over at Fandom today, and this question is on behalf of my fellow Admins and me.

Is there any secondary plotline that you’re excited for fans to see? Ex: friendships, love stories, high school struggles, etc.

3 Likes

Hi Brec!

Who is your all time favorite DC hero and why?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I am so excited for the series premiere of Stargirl on the DC Universe on Monday May 18th, 2020. This is definitely going to be like watching a movie. 1) When you got the role of Stargirl was their a specific storyline that stood out for Stargirl?
2) What has been your favorite stunt sequence for season 1 of Stargirl?

3 Likes

Hi Ms. Bassinger. Before starting work on the show, did you familiarize yourself with the JSA comics?

4 Likes

Hi. Did you know Stargirl has debut from episode of Justice League Unlimited? It’s going to be awesome character on TV Series since multiple super heroes in Justice League Unlimited animated episode.

2 Likes

Hello Brec!!!
I have two questions for you. How excited were you when you found out that you was going to be the main character Stargirl and how does it feel to be joining with the rest of the DC comics family on The CW?

3 Likes

I wanted to start off by saying, you are the PERFECT choice/actress to protray Stargirl!!! I look forward seeing the pilot episode!!!

Question: What was it like putting on the completed suit for the very first time, along with your favorite aspects of it? Also how long did it take to get the hang of fighting with the staff?

4 Likes

Thank you for doing this Q&A!

What was the most fun thing you got to do on the show?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for stopping by, Ms. Bassinger :smiley:

What do you love most about the world of DC comics?

4 Likes