Live Q&A w/ Todd McFarlane, McFarlane Toys CEO and Creative Force, Thurs 4/30 @5pm PT/8pm ET!

Hiya! I’m really having a good time with your DC Multiverse line of figures so far. Some photos of preliminary sculpts for the Dark Multiverse Batmen (METAL!) have escaped onto the internet in recent weeks, so my questions pertain to that line.

Q1: Is Devastator the C&C for that wave?

Q2: Is the plan to produce all of them at some point? (I’ve not yet seen pictures of The Drowned or The Merciless, for instance. And a giant Barbatos could be all kinds of awesome…)

Thanks for everything, and keep up the good work!

(P. S. I’d like to add to the above requests for you to take some time to wax rhapsodic about your time on Infinity Inc. Loved that book so much!)

I love McFarlane action figures. From Spawn forward, I love it all. McFarlane quality is the big selling point for me. I’ve purchased all the new DC figures. I’ve purchased all of the 11 inch Fortnite figures. Fortnite had a limited time Batman mode. I’d love to see more 11” Fortnite, or even better 11 inch Batman figures. What about a large scale Batman in a Fortnite box. I saw your toy fair interview. I could listen to you talk about action figures for days. You’re not some stuffy corporate suit. I love the passion you have for this stuff.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to DC Universe, Mr. McFarlane! :wave: :smile:

My questions:

1. Have you and the DC team thought of producing DC Universe exclusive product?

Our store would serve as a great outlet for characters that might not fly with Target, Walmart and the rest (Hitman, among others), as well as items such as action figure accessory packs, and bulky product too big for conventional retail shelves (a Dark Knight Returns tank or Kal-El’s Kryptonian rocket mayhaps?:wink:)

1. Does your slice of the DC collector pie allow for Wildstorm Universe characters (many of whom have appeared in books bearing the DC label)?

It’s been 25 years since the WildC.A.T.S last saw life in plastic, so I’d love to see your company take them on. So too, would Jim Lee I bet. :wink:

Thanks for everything Mr. McFarlane! If you should need a fellow Phoenician who has over 30 years of experience with action figures AND the DC brand itself across multiple platforms on your DC team, I’m your guy. :superman_hv_4:

Signed,

A Fan of McFarlane Toys Since Day One of Todd Toys in 1994 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any chance for a talon from the court of owls figure

1 Like

Huge fan of your art would love to see a spawn crossover book for DC, which artists would you have on that book?

1 Like

Three Questions:

1. Would you be open to be involved for a Batman/Spawn animated crossover movie?

2. Were you aware that one of your creations, Artemis Crock is now a beloved character on Young Justice?

3. If Spawn joined the Justice League Dark, what would be the answer?

If you were to give one piece of advice to aspiring writers, what would it be?

Is there any chance of you pencilling another Batman/Spawn or a stand-alone Batman comic One shot?

Would you consider doing a McFarlane styled Batman figure now that you have the DC license?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hello Todd I am a huge fan of yours and loving your new DC Multiverse figure line.
Many fans worldwide are wondering if you will do figures base on The Man Of Steel 2013 Movie, like Jor-El, Superman, Zod And faora. Many of us were waiting for the dc collectible film line, but it got cancel. We do feel like you would do an amazing job <3

Hi Todd,
Back in 2005 I remember you talking about a second Spawn animated series on the spawn website. You mentioned you’d seen the animation & it looked good & you were looking for a network. Is that animation done & will it ever see the light of day?
Also, I was wondering if you could update us on the Sam and Twitch tv series. Thank you! -john

Todd,
I love your work. This isn’t a DC question but I was wondering in Spiderman: Torment you mentioned in maybe the prologue you didn’t get the villain you wanted for your story but didn’t mention who you did want, who was it that you wanted for the villain? I really love the art work of that story and was one of the first I read from you. Thank you for all of your work.
-Samantha Schaefer

As a huge spawn and DC fan is there a dream team up youd like to do with any DC hero? It has been a while since spawn has interacted with batman

Do you think Spawn could crossover with Justice League Dark?

1 Like

Thanks for doing this, Toddfather!

Any chance we might see past movies and TV shows in the Multiverse toy line? 89 Batman, Man of Steel, etc?

Thanks again!

oh man, I remember seeing a trailer for that a long time ago

With all the advancements in technology There’s no better time for a Spawn if Sony came to you with a pitch for a Spawn game done by the God Of War developer’s would you be willing to to let them make it & for my second question would you let the Netflix team who does the Castlevania anime do an anime of Spawn please respond

1 Like

With so many road blocks for producing another live action Spawn movie for theaters, have you considered using the resources you have now to make a big budget movie for HBO? Perhaps converting it into a series? That being said, I hope you end up achieving your goal of taking it to the big screen.

As an up and coming creator, how do you keep yourself grounded, and create self discipline in order to complete a comic book issue/arc/story? Do you have any methods to keep yourself in check? I am currently having that problem myself.

Thank you for being a rebel in the industry! Without your guts, passion, and initiative, the comic book industry would not be the way it is today! I hope one day I can join your ranks. Your a constant inspiration to why I want to keep doing comics. Thank you!

Any chance for deathstroke figure. Plenty of heavily armored versions that would look great in your style of figures. Maybe justice league movie post credit scene deathstroke

Have you ever considered doing your version of those art reference mannequin figures?I feel a McFarlane one would blow the rest out of the water for accuracy, details, and being able to do more dynamic poses. Could open up to being in art and craft stores as well as ones you have relationships with. Could also be used for the custom figure crowd. 2 demographic in 1 product