Live Q&A w/ Ron Marz, Comic Writer of GREEN LANTERN, SUPERBOY, & More, Wed 2/24 @2pm PT/5pm ET!

Sounds :00_superman1:uper awesome™:+1:.

Thanks for answering :+1:

7 Likes

Long runs are great! Comics have kind of evolved away from long runs, but I was fortunate enough to do three of them in GL, Silver Surfer, and Witchblade. Sometimes you land on a book, paired with a creative and editorial team that just clicks, and you keep it going as long as you can.

11 Likes

Thankyou so much for answering my question.:grinning:

7 Likes

Years ago I ended up on a phone call with the office of producer Jon Peters, who wanted Green Lantern ideas. (Jon Peters is the “giant mechanical spider” guy in the famous Kevin Smith story.) We had a meeting, but it never went anywhere.

14 Likes

It just seemed like GL was in some ways a special effects book, so my take was that the person with the ring should have a great imagination, and come up with a wild array of ring creations. Artist was the most natural fit.

13 Likes

This is awesome! Thank you!

16 Likes

I’ve been so fortunate to work with SO many great artists. The list is endless, and I would invariably leave someone off. But I DO want to say that ANY comic story, no matter how great the script might be, is only as good as the person drawing it. Artists do all the heavy lifting. Appreciate them!

12 Likes

Another quick question, in a lot of your comics there seems to be a horror or science fiction background. What are your favorite movies and do they influence your writing?

6 Likes

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed Endless Winter! We wanted to create a month-long FUN superhero story for the holidays.

So, in terms of the fate of Alex DeWitt, we had always intended for her to be Kyle’s “Uncle Ben,” in that his irresponsibility harms the people around him. The obvious Gwen Stacy comparison never really crept into my mind, though obviously it should have. It’s certainly a much larger, more nuanced conversation that this format allows, but I’m glad it started a conversation, and maybe helped comics get a little better.

15 Likes

Favorite movies! Raiders of the Lost Ark, Lawrence of Arabia, Modern Times, Blade Runner, Aliens, Bride of Frankenstein are at the top of the list.

14 Likes

:+1:

This one too

9 Likes

Mike Mignola and Lee Weeks!

11 Likes

Teleportation! You know, when we can actually GO places again.

10 Likes

Whew! I don’t think I got to all of them, and I apologize for any that I missed. This was fun, and I hope we can do it again. Everybody please be safe and healthy. THANK YOU ALL!

14 Likes

Would love, love, LOVE to see either of these pair up with you!

10 Likes

Thank you for joining us and answering our questions! This was a lot of fun.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for joining us…I really appreciate it!!!

8 Likes

Thank you so much for joining us today Ron!! This has been an absolute blast and I think we all loved learning more about your process and about your experiences behind the scenes :slight_smile:

And a big thanks to the @HouseofHorror and @darkstarz for pulling this all together! :clap:t2:

12 Likes

Thanks for stopping by.

Stay safe and enjoy :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks for your time, meant a lot to us all.

8 Likes