**Live Q&A w/ members of DC Collectibles & Toy Designer James Groman, Friday 10/25 11:30am-12:30am PST!**

Jim Fletcher, the myth and legend is here, has arrived!

1 Like

Hey, thanks for taking some time to answer our questions.

When and why did you fall in love with what you do?

Also is there any chance of DC Universe Originals getting any type of figures/ statues in the future?

I’ve got another one for you!
How much does story come into play when you design? It seems the closer I look at your sketches and figures, the more “easter egg” details I see. I assume this is on purpose?..

Greetings, friends! We’re getting started here soon :smiley:
Jim Fletcher is a loose cannon, so there’s no telling how this is going to go. Consider yourself warned!

5 Likes

Hey James, just wanted to stop by and say keep doing what you do. You’re awesome!

1 Like

All right, here we go! Thanks so much for tuning in, everyone: )

1 Like

Any chance for titans tv figures. Seriously best costume designs. They deserve figures. I would like a deathstroke the most

2 Likes

I love having the chance to be able to work on projects that involve my favorite characters I grew up with. Working with Batman every day is something you never really get used to.

5 Likes

I mean, creating my world, and creating a history for it. It’s like playing God! Is collaborating with other artists in a working together as a team I think that’s a very that’s a great part of it.

2 Likes

Are you the one who created the Dark Knights Metal collectables? Which Dark Knight is your favorite? (Mines is TBMWL)

It’s funny, cuz even at DC Collectibles, when we’re working, and I make stuff with James, it was super fun watching him create his own Universe here. We’ve gotten to do it ourselves with Bombshells, and some other things he worked on. That probably is the most fun part of the job, when you have a gem of an idea, and you can just bring it to life- And then get people into something. Brian was our main driver for Bombshells, and actually pushing that through, watching people start cosplaying the Bombshells. That it resonates with people that much from something that we just kind of put out there one day, is very satisfying - that’s an amazing experience.

5 Likes

I always knew I wanted to do something in the entertainment industry in a company where I really loved the history and stories that they put out, and I have always loved DC, so being able to be here is amazing! I also dabble in cosplay (ALOT) if you can tell by my profile photo. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any dream project you wanted to do but couldn’t because of time, effort, budget?

2 Likes

I prefer collecting statues myself. Especially the DC Designer Series Statues where you can really collect a stunning piece from one of your favorite artists. My latest favorite is the DC Designer Series: Wonder Woman by Jenny Frison.

2 Likes

Yeah actually, the BatBeast was one that I had seen. and I had to think long and hard, because a lot of these took a lot longer than I thought they were going to. But I would say that BatBeast sculpture was the one that took the longest. And it was mostly because of it being the first one that we did. It kind of set the tone for the rest of this of the BatBeast universe, so he had to be right. I mean it’s he’s like the flagship character of the group, so it was very important that all the details were right and that the thought process behind him was right. And so there was a lot of refining, probably has the most amount of concept sketches went into that beast. But once he was finished, he did seem to kind of all of the sudden feel right. It made it that much easier to sculpt the rest of the characters.

1 Like
  1. With the upcoming announcement/teases of the new WB Montreal Batman game, can we expect another line of figures to accompany?

2. Any plans to eventually revive the DC Films line?

Thanks for doing this, guys!!

I might have a comment - I thought actually Killer Croc was the one that that took the longest to for us to see I think.

1 Like

Killer Croc had a lot of back and forth to get that design right, we kept hitting on things that had been done before. It’s a toss-up

2 Likes

when working on these collectibles what do you guys do to get into the mindset of the different styles you are going for?

Hi! My best advice is to keep working towards your goal and keep applying and never give up. I knew I wanted to work at DC so bad and I did everything I could to keep pursuing that goal.

As for college, yes I went to Sonoma State University and got my BA in Communication Studies. It really helps me in what I do here at DC Collectibles in terms of PR, social media, writing copy and all of the fun marketing initiatives.

It took me a while to finally reach my goal after college, but I really didn’t give up. That is the key…that and make connections as much as you can!

3 Likes