Live Q&A w/ DC Direct (FKA DC Collectibles) Team + Chance to Win A Collectible - Wednesday 3/04 @11am PST!

Whatever happened to the Batman the Animated Series Expressions Pack? Thought that we would see new characters. Any chance to reissue the Joker? Also on the reissue subject, any chance that we can see previous releases like the Batsignal, Batwing and Batcave being made again? Also I think robin deserves a motorcycle too!

2 Likes

To the team answering these questions, I’ll ask, what is your favorite collectible to come out of the line so far? And is there a character or concept that hasn’t been done yet that you would like to see?

Hello! Thank you for doing this! Without getting into specifics, provided there is another DC video game coming out in the near future, whatever it might be, do you see yourself continuing doing action figure lines ala Arkham Asylum, City, Origins, and Knight?

Thank you again. PLEASE ANSWER. :laughing:

2 Likes

Greetings! The multi-part statues have been a big hit in our house, especially the Bat-family set. Can’t wait to finish off the rouges gallery set as well. Are there plans to do more multi-part statues, maybe with the original JLA (fighting Starro) or Superman and his family? Thanks!

1 Like

One more question! Will the remaining Dark Knights Metal evil Batmen (The Murder Machine, The Merciless, and The Devastator) ever come out in the DC Gallery PVC line? Those are some wicked figures. Thanks again!

Hello DC Direct. On the Batman animated figures: 1. Will we ever see more obscure characters release as figures? Ex. Clock king, Tigris, werewolf, night of the ninja, Dr. Strange, Alfred or all the mad scientists 2. Will there be more rereleases of previous characters? Ex. Clayface, ventriloquist, riddler.

Hello! Could you provide an update on a possible release for the DC Collectibles Doctor Fate helmet? Thanks!

Here’s another question, I know it won’t happen: 1. Is it possible to make Bruce timms, Paul dini, Mark hamill, Kevin Conroy in the Batman animated style like they would belong in that noir time.

2 Likes

With all of the fantastic Artist Alley figures that have come out and got announced at Toy Fair, can we get a sneak peak or hint at some others coming from the new artists being brought on? The Patrick Ballesteros and Brittney Lee figures are stunning!

1 Like

I have another question, next year Superman the animated series is going to turn 25, will there be any toys for Superman the animated series? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Firsts, thank you for taking the time to answer questions from the DCU Community! How does the DC Direct team select out of the entire multiverse of characters/series to create collectibles out of? And are we going see lines based of off DC Universe Original series?

2 Likes

Will we see anymore Swampthing?

1 Like

Thanks for answering questions for us. The Dc universe is my world. So much i have a batman tattoo. I havent gotten a chance to collect many of the collectables. Me being a lifetime batman fan where should i start?

Dc Direct what do we have to expect in the upcoming months.

1 Like

What is one of your favorite pieces that really mean the most? Theyre so much more than toys its art!!!

2 Likes

Will we get any versions of batman from rare books such as batmam year one or any of the members of harley quinns gang of harleys?

1 Like

This is a very specific question, but who better to ask?

Any chance we get Ivan Reis on the Designer Series statue line? More specifically, a rendition of his Superman from the current comics run? I have a couple of suggestions that would make killer Superman statues :slightly_smiling_face:.

Any chance the DC Essentials Justice League 6-pack is a starter set and will have more figures and characters added in the future? I love the look of the figures and can’t wait to get them.

1 Like

Greetings, newly reborn DC Direct! :wave: :slight_smile:

As an enthusiast of the DC brand and action figures in general for over 30 years, I’ve a couple detailed questions (this is long, but consider it free market research if you like):

1. Superman: The Animated Series will be celebrating it’s 25th anniversary in 2021. Knowing that it takes roughly a year to go from concept to finished, on-shelf product is it at all possible to give us any hints on STAS-based action figures you may have in early development now, so as to meet the beginning of the 25th anniversary next year with celebratory product on-shelf at the beginning of said anniversary?

In the Kenner/Hasbro days, they produced an overall decent line for STAS as it aired on Kids WB, but their line was missing MANY key, toyetic characters such as (but not limited to):

• Steel
  • Aquaman
  • The Flash (Kenner did have a portion of him tooled in prototype form, but it never progressed past that stage)
  • The Weather Wizard (a Flash rogue yes, but he was also a match for Superman in the “Speed Demons” episode)
  • Dr. Emil Hamilton
  • Kyle Rayner Green Lantern
  • Sinestro
  • the Female Furies (Lashina, Stompa and Mad Harriet; they’d make for a great box set)
  • DeSaad
  • Steppenwolf
  • Kalibak
  • Parademon soldiers
  • Orion
  • Dan “Terrible” Turpin
  • Maggie Sawyer
  • Metropolis SCU SWAT Officers
  • Bruno Mannheim
  • Toyman
  • Intergang soldiers/thugs
  • Lex Luthor in his business suit (an interchangeable head with Lex wearing his “No one man should have that much power.” neckbrace from “Legacy, part two” would be a great accessory)
  • Lobo (imagine a deluxe set with The Main Man, his hog, chain, Squeege and a Metropolis PD hat)
  • The Collector (normal and monster forms, with both being sold together in a deluxe pack)
  • Parasite
  • Lightray
  • Livewire (an individual release of your existing figure of her; this time with a variety of show-accurate accessories)
  • Jax-Ur
  • Mala
  • Superman in his lead-lined suit
  • Superman from “Brave New Metropolis”
  • Superman in his battle armor from “Legacy, part one”
  • Mr. Mxyzptlk
  • characters seen in the highly-acclaimed, fan favorite Superman Adventures comic book that were not seen on the show (General Zod for example)

The list goes on and on. The point is, there IS a substantial demand for 7" scale STAS figures done to the level of quality of your other DC Animated Universe product.

Your Lois and Superman action figure two-pack from a few years ago was a tempting morsel of the fan-favorite (and profitable) buffet that a STAS line under your stewardship could be.

With a significant anniversary on the horizon and the demand for a DC Direct STAS line being so palpable you can taste it, can we reasonably expect to see something more than just a Lois and Superman two-pack made by your company?

No specifics are needed, just a “It’s possible, we’ve been thinking about it.” would do nicely. I mean, if you want to get fans excited well in advance for a STAS 25th anniversary-based toyline, DC Universe is THE place to start baiting our collecting hooks. :grinning:

My next question is similar to the above but with regards to Batman Beyond action figures.

1. Again, Hasbro (by the time of Batman Beyond, they had sadly phased out the Kenner brand; I’m sure Mr. Jim Fletcher agrees that was unwise on their part) produced an…okay toyline for Batman Beyond as it aired on Kids WB, but once more, MANY key characters that would have translated PERFECTLY into figure form were overlooked by Hasbro.

Characters/variations of characters such as:

• Old Bruce Wayne (why Hasbro missed him is anyone’s guess; kudos to DC Collectibles for doing him at the start of your Batman Beyond offerings)
  • Bruce in the BB suit as seen in the opening of “Rebirth”
  • Terry Batman in Invisible Mode
  • J-Man and other show accurate Jokerz (Hasbro had three basic assortment Jokerz offerings, and only one of them was truly show accurate), including potential box sets that would each feature a Jokerz member with their show accurate motorcycle, or individually available motorcycles that could be sold for use with single packed Jokerz
  • The Terrific Trio (this would be a GREAT three piece box set)
  • Inque (imagine a deluxe figure of her similar to your BTAS Clayface)
  • Willie Watt and the Golem deluxe set
  • Blight (Hasbro’s was effectively naked as a jaybird, allegedly to accommodate it’s glow in the dark feature; I know DC Direct could make an excellent Blight figure with interchangeable heads, effects pieces, etc)
  • Mr. Fixx (do it for George Takei, please :slightly_smiling_face:)
  • Wayne/Powers Security
  • Max (again, how Hasbro passed her up is a mystery)
  • Spellbinder
  • Stalker (Hasbro had this one on display at Toy Fair 2000, but they never released it; correcting their mistake and making him would be great, DCD)
  • Commissioner Barbara Gordon
  • GCPD Officers
  • Curare
  • Batman with the Egg Baby
  • Mr. Freeze
  • assorted Splicer thugs
  • Dr. Abel Cuvier
  • Sentries of the Lost Cosmos
  • The Royal Flush Gang
  • Zeta
  • Joker from the Return of the Joker movie
  • characters seen in assorted Batman Beyond comic books (Hush from the 2010 Batman Beyond mini, maybe?)

Again, the list goes on and on. Now, 2019 was Batman Beyond’s 20th anniversary, and DC Collectibles celebrated it with…nothing. This is your chance to fix that, please.

A comprehensive Batman Beyond line would sell not only to newer collectors, but also to those of us who followed the original line from Hasbro through its retail lifespan and were mostly disappointed with their lack of effort put into the line. How about it kind folk, anymore plans for additional Batman Beyond action figure offerings?

So, we’re at the end. I’d like to thank you for reading this DC Direct, and for any comments you have on furthering your Superman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond offerings.

There absolutely are dedicated fans who will very happily support quality product based on these shows. Please take these thoughts and notes into consideration.

Thank you for your time, DC Direct.

P.S.: If you ever need an assist in Product Development, I can be reached via a Direct Message or other means if need be. I’ve over 30 years of experience in the action figure hobby and I know most DC toys VERY extensively.

Again, thank you for your time with us at DC Universe, and for your thoughts. Have a dynamically cool day, DC Direct!

Toodles! :wave: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your Batman black and white line has been awesome.
Have you considered doing something similar with other heroes?
It doesn’t have to be another black and white line but something similar like green lanterns colors of the corps showing various lanterns in different corps or something like that.

4 Likes