Live Q&A w/ DC Direct (FKA DC Collectibles) Team + Chance to Win A Collectible - Wednesday 3/04 @11am PST!

On WEDNESDAY, March 4th @11: 00 am PST, we’ll be hosting a live Q&A with the team of DC Direct, formerly known as DC Collectibles!

Did you catch all the exciting DC Direct announcements coming out of New York Toy Fair? Are you brimming with questions about the shiny new figures you’re sure to collect? Be sure to join our Live Q&A and get answers straight from the source! Jim Fletcher and the DC Direct team will answer all your questions about career, ideation, process, concept, and creation, and any other questions you’d like to ask.

:sparkles: BONUS for all you collectors out there! :sparkles: We’ll be selecting 5 random members who asked a question to receive a free, exclusive collectible! :star_struck:

Be sure to add your question to the comments below, and come back here Wednesday, March 4th @11: 00 am PST to find out the answers.

13 Likes

Hello, Will there be any new toys or statue of The Penguin from movies or TV shows? I’m a huge fan of the character.:slightly_smiling_face:
Also I just love the Justice League set, that look awesome!

4 Likes

May you explain why the decision to revert back to the DC Direct moniker from DC Collectibles?

7 Likes

I have several questions:

• DC Direct’s focus as of late seems to be mostly on Batman and related characters. Do you expect to vary things a bit in the near or far future? Perhaps More Superman, Wonder Woman, and other members of the Justice League?

• Action figure output seems to have gone down a bit recently as well. Does DC Direct have plans for action figures beyond the DC Essentials line?

• DC Direct has a history of making great action figures based on specific comics or artist renditions. Any plans to revive those efforts? Maybe bring back Designer Series figures?

• Any plans on bringing back The Man of Steel and The Art of War statue lines for Superman and Wonder Woman, especially for those that missed out the first time around?

7 Likes

I’m a huge fan of The Question, and the only statue ever made of him was the Eaglemoss Super Hero Figurine in 2006. How can I see some more representation for my favorite character?

7 Likes

I have another question, in my mind I’m picturing a statue of Stargirl from the upcoming new series, will you guys also going to make a statue or toys based on the new Stargirl series?:slightly_smiling_face::star2:

4 Likes

I’d love to know the process behind artist collaboration. How do you go about collaborating with top comic book talent? Are they super excited to get the opportunity to get a DC statue made? I’m such a huge Jonathan Matthews fan from his sculpting work on the Black & White series. How do you generally match up designers/sculptors with popular comic artists?
(Sorry… such a loaded question)

3 Likes

From initial design to the end of the creation process, how long does a typical collectible take to create? Does the specific type of collectible (statue, action figure, prop, etc.) have a significant impact on the creation timeline?

2 Likes

Will there be any new Teen Titans action figures and also can we get some Superman figures with the yellow S on the Cape please?

3 Likes

When new characters and costumes come out, at what point does DC Direct find out about the those costumes and begin considering to make them a collectible

3 Likes

This is my first time posting, but have read several posts. I have 2 questions, first are yall planning any more statues from the Dark Nights Metal series. My second question is do yall have any more plans for the DCeased line.

3 Likes

Hello! Super excited to get some insight into your work.
-Will you be continuing the Dark Knights Gallery Statues? Only made Batman Who Laughs, Drowned, Red Death, and Dawnbreaker so far. Definitely need the rest!

• What are your favorite collectibles?
  • What peice are you most proud of?
  • How in the world can I come work with you all? It would be my dream!
    Thanks for doing this.
2 Likes

What character do you most want to make into a collectible that you haven’t yet? Also when most people think of collectibles they think statues and figures but what other type would you like to make?

3 Likes

Planning on any extended batfamily statues?

4 Likes

What are some of the ideas you come up with to really make a collectible stand out from the rest or minute details that really make a certain collectible have more meaning to it?

2 Likes

Are there any plans for more action figures based on the live-action TV shows?

2 Likes

There are tons of Superman/Batman Beyond/JLU related characters you guys never got to in the DC Collectibles animated line. What are the chances of seeing some of them in the new animated Batman: The Adventures Continue action figure line?

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @jasontodd9.3807 @Darkmovienight @duwelarry!

My question for the folks at DC Collectibles concerns the DC Essentials line. When the line first started, each figure had one small accessory. With the latest wave, there are no accessories. No lanterns for Hal or Sinestro, no whip for Catwoman, etc… What was the deciding factor to pull them from the line, or will future waves have accessories?

Thanks

2 Likes

Any chance on a Gary Frank DC Designer Series statue in the future?

His work on Superman has been legendary and it would be great to see it actualized! Same for Liam Sharp Designer Series for Wonder Woman?

3 Likes

Hey there,
Huge fan of the toyline. Especially the Batman B&W series. Was curious how long the process takes from deciding on an idea, having an artist create it, making a mold, all the way to a finished piece? What’s the fastest you’ve released a series?

PS. Any chance of a Mister Miracle statue anytime soon?

Thanks for reading my question(s)!

1 Like